Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prochoice.com *SOME LINKS MAY CONTAIN UPSETTING IMAGES*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Probably moving off thread here but what the hell....

I am not a woman, so I cannot have any concept of the desire to bear a child or the desire to not bear one.

Religion should not play any part in the abortion debate. Which priest ever bore a child or terminated a foetus?

There are simply too many people on this planet and as a result human life is becoming devalued. Let us remove the sacristy of human life from the discussion. Thousands are dying across the world from far worse things than abortion.

For the men-- If you were told that your 25 year old wife is pregnant but has complications, and will die if she is not terminated, which would you choose -- the embryo or the woman you expected to spend your life with?

Should there be abortion on demand? No, of course not, since then it would become another means of contraception and it has to be taken more seriously that that. The possibility of refusal has to be a deterrent.

An open ended post, I accept, but I have no more idea than anyone else about how to deal with this. All I do feel sure of is that scaremongering, religion, aggression, should not be part of the debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

"ABORTIONS FOR ALL" i say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

ilovecars wrote: »
    "ABORTIONS FOR ALL" i say

Abortions for some
    Miniture Irish flags for others!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Granted , that prochoice.com site is very sneaky, but overall I hate the way the pro lifers are being blindly crucified in this thread as if they are some kind of extreme religious fundamentalists. They still have a right to believe that a human life should be protected. There is nothing evil about that whatsoever.
    Anyone who is adopted will appreciate this.
    I do not have a full defined opinion, but I guess overall Im pro choice, but only for certain circumstances,e.g. If it can risk the life of the mother, if there was case of rape, if the girl is very young (but I dont see a problem with adoption here).
    But you have to admit its absolutely nuts that a girl can legally travel to England or wherever and end of the life of an unborn child because its not convenient, its like something that would have went 1000s of years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Dave! wrote:
    Imagine feeling safe and the next moment someone is killing you and you can't get away or cry for help...

...YOU'VE JUST IMAGINED THE ALL NEW GAMESHOW ON RTE, PRESENTED BY WACKY ECCENTRIC CHILD-CATCHERS COLM AND JIM-JIM.

COMING SOON TO RTE ONE!!! :P:P:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

wylo wrote: »
    Granted , that prochoice.com site is very sneaky, but overall I hate the way the pro lifers are being blindly crucified in this thread as if they are some kind of extreme religious fundamentalists. They still have a right to believe that a human life should be protected. There is nothing evil about that whatsoever.
    Anyone who is adopted will appreciate this.
    I do not have a full defined opinion, but I guess overall Im pro choice, but only for certain circumstances,e.g. If it can risk the life of the mother, if there was case of rape, if the girl is very young (but I dont see a problem with adoption here).
    But you have to admit its absolutely nuts that a girl can legally travel to England or wherever and end of the life of an unborn child because its not convenient, its like something that would have went 1000s of years ago.

As I said im very anti abortion myself but those type of tactics do the pro life camp no favours. I'd also add that i equally despise the pro choice 'its the womans body' camp. I just turn of when i hear the lot of them, i've come to my own opinion on the matter and I believe everybody can without the help of scare tactics and a flutter of BS leaflets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

The same kind of idea as this site: www.catholic.ie (except this site is good!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

wylo wrote: »

No, I think it's absolutely nuts that a girl has to travel to England or wherever to go for a surgery that should be available over here.
    And who are you to say that every abortion takes place because the child would be inconvenient?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I'm not pro-abortion, but I'm pro-choice. I'm not gonna say that a young girl having to give birth while she is in school or college will ruin her life, but it could dramatically change things for the worse. As well as that, you'd be forcing her to give birth to a child she does not want and would not love.

Yes of course adoption is always a choice, but adoption doesn't always work. And even if it did, I think it's a terrible idea to force a girl to go through 9 months of having to take care of her own body in order to give birth to a healthy baby that she never wanted.

As well as that, I don't buy into the whole "you're killing a life" argument. You're not. You're killing the opportunity of life. But you're also doing that every time you have a **** or every time you use protection...in those cases, again, you're stopping the opportunity of life. So whether you kill the sperm by putting it in a condom or by having some sort of operation a few weeks later, I don't think it makes a significant difference.

A fetus doesn't feel pain until the 28th week of pregnancy, so in my opinion an abortion should be allowed before the 28th week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

This website upset me greatly as it shows all the innocent young lifes lost to abortion, from the minute the sperm and egg join then life is created and we must protect this under all circumstances. These babies are being killed without ever been given the chance to live or prove themselves. Abortion is murder and I will never ever change my views and there is options for women who are genuinely unable to support or look after children. Millions of couples are unable to conceive and are on long agonising waiting lists for Adoption, adoption or Government support to help the Mother is what is needed not Abortion.

I am glad and proud that Ireland bans Abortion from general availaibilty. Aborting a foetus is no different to shooting someone dead, it is killing and abortionists and Mothers who choose to have abortions are killers simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

mumhaabu wrote: »
    This website upset me greatly as it shows all the innocent young lifes lost to abortion, from the minute the sperm and egg join then life is created and we must protect this under all circumstances. These babies are being killed without ever been given the chance to live or prove themselves. Abortion is murder and I will never ever change my views and there is options for women who are genuinely unable to support or look after children. Millions of couples are unable to conceive and are on long agonising waiting lists for Adoption, adoption or Government support to help the Mother is what is needed not Abortion.

I am glad and proud that Ireland bans Abortion from general availaibilty. Aborting a foetus is no different to shooting someone dead, it is killing and abortionists and Mothers who choose to have abortions are killers simple as.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, out of deference to the mods and owners of this site I will withold my opinion of your post, I would however just like to point out that there are also millions of orphaned children in the world and it is governments and stupid laws that prevents childless couples from adopting them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

No, I think it's absolutely nuts that a girl has to travel to England or wherever to go for a surgery that should be available over here.
    And who are you to say that every abortion takes place because the child would be inconvenient?
    well if you quoted my whole quote people would see I gave examples of where I agree with abortion, as I said, I dont have a definite opinion, its just too debatable, its simply not fair to say either side is right or wrong.

Maybe the word 'inconvenient' is a bit much, but it boils down to that in alot of cases.
    I do think a girl should have a right to abort if she is raped, or if she is extremely young, or most obviously, if having a baby will endanger her own health.

But, I dont think a couple in their early 20s should have the easy option of aborting just because they were drunk one night, and he forgot to put on a condom, and neither of them are employed, adoption should be a forced priority , IMO!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Mark200 wrote: »
    I'm not pro-abortion, but I'm pro-choice. I'm not gonna say that a young girl having to give birth while she is in school or college will ruin her life, but it could dramatically change things for the worse. As well as that, you'd be forcing her to give birth to a child she does not want and would not love.

Yes of course adoption is always a choice, but adoption doesn't always work. And even if it did, I think it's a terrible idea to force a girl to go through 9 months of having to take care of her own body in order to give birth to a healthy baby that she never wanted.

As well as that, I don't buy into the whole "you're killing a life" argument. You're not. You're killing the opportunity of life. But you're also doing that every time you have a **** or every time you use protection...in those cases, again, you're stopping the opportunity of life. So whether you kill the sperm by putting it in a condom or by having some sort of operation a few weeks later, I don't think it makes a significant difference.

A fetus doesn't feel pain until the 28th week of pregnancy, so in my opinion an abortion should be allowed before the 28th week.

Pretty much agree with everything here, In todays modern world , not Being able to make a choice you want to make is backward , I sincerely hope that within 10 years the abortion laws will be changed , bad things happen to good people , Some girls are stuck with children they do not want , abandoned by the "father" , I'm Pro People , Some people want abortions give it to them , If some don't thats up to them , Same thing to be said about same sex marriages , we are flesh and blood , atoms and matter , we are no different to any lifeform in the universe , believeing we are is just vanity and selfishness

Sorry for the wall of text ;/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

A really really sneaky site. Makes one kind of worried that someone maybe impressionable to this kind of stuff were they in a place to be looking for such information. Hopefully they would find such sites a positive options before finding this kind of stuff.

Advertisement