Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

review and comparison on AA and Hibernian Breakdown cover

Options
  • 08-03-2009 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I was looking for breakdown cover for car in Ireland.
    The 2 major providers are AA and hibernian.
    Price difference is huge. Hibernian is almost 50% cheaper compared to AA for similar cover.
    Do you have any views on comparison of service provided by both?
    is hibernian worth going for?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

lol @ Last edited by punitgoyal; Today at 14:58. Reason: add more forums

Hi and Welcome to Boards.ie

I'll ask for your post to be moved to the best forum for your question to be answered...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moving to Motors from Newbies & FAQ, as the most appropriate one I can think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ms_pink06

Hi there,
    Hibernian Resuce exactly the kind of cover u would need if looking for normal home and Ireland, Uk recovery. They offer 1 hour labour also, but keep in mind that if you take your motor insurance with them that you can get the hibernian rescue plus free as standard with third party or comprehensive.
    Hope this helps.
    See hiberniandirect website for details of all, but try get an insurance qt, if similar price to your own well worth going for (seeing as cover you want is included!)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,404 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ms_pink06 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Hibernian Resuce exactly the kind of cover u would need if looking for normal home and Ireland, Uk recovery. They offer 1 hour labour also, but keep in mind that if you take your motor insurance with them that you can get the hibernian rescue plus free as standard with third party or comprehensive.
    Hope this helps.
    See hiberniandirect website for details of all, but try get an insurance qt, if similar price to your own well worth going for (seeing as cover you want is included!)

You signed up for boards.ie just to endorse this service?

I have no experience of Hibernian recovery services or any of the other ones that usually come free with my car insurance. I do have experience with the AA for many years and I can't praise them high enough for being courteous, professional, knowledgeable and having a near 100% success rate in getting me going. And most importantly to me, they have typically arrived within 15 minutes of me calling them on most occasions where I was within about 20km of Dublin city centre. This quality does come at a price, but I feel it is worth it.

Advertisement