Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portfolio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

oh! and is there many people applyin for the Film and Television degree who are goin in straight out of school? ie. they didnt take a year out to do their porfolio? im just wonderin cuz i havent met many 1's who are doin the portfolio and their leaving in the same year....

Dunno if there's any stats for that. I'd say it's about 50% leaving cert and 50% of everyone else (repeat LCs, 1 year plc, 1 year other course, from another degree, mature students, etc.) - but that's just my own guesstimate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

I gots me an interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 heeereees-jonny

I gots me an interview :)

woohoo! me too! same course yeah? film and television production??:D:D

woohoo! me too! same course yeah? film and television production??:D:D

Yep!

Yep!

cool! i'll see ya there then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 -idioteque

Anybody know what kind of questions they'll be asking?

I dunno how to prepare for it to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

What course are you being interviewed for -idioteque?

They'll ask you questions about your portfolio mainly. What you think works well...what you'd do differently. They'll want to make sure you know about the course and what it entails. They'll want to ask about your interests and future plans.

And

They'll want to know if you have questions for them. So if you do ask. You can take notes if you like.

It's not an interview for a job so you don't have to spoof. Be honest - if you don't know something say it.

Also

Remember, they're on your side. When you walk in they want you to be on the course.

Good luck :)

So don't be nervous, honestly there's no need.

There was absolutely no reason for my to stress whatsoever.

Hands down the most laid back interview i've ever had.

There was absolutely no reason for my to stress whatsoever.

Hands down the most laid back interview i've ever had.

Who interviewed u?

• Advertisement

atgate wrote: »
    Who interviewed u?

Haven't a clue. Two guys. One in his 30s or 40s, the other in his 40s or 50s.

Haven't a clue. Two guys. One in his 30s or 40s, the other in his 40s or 50s.

lol I'm hoping the one in his 30s or 40s was me as opposed to the one in his 40s or 50s, lol

lol I'm hoping the one in his 30s or 40s was me as opposed to the one in his 40s or 50s, lol

Haha, yeah. probably! :P

Haha, yeah. probably! :P

good luck with the results and the leaving (if appropriate) :)

good luck with the results and the leaving (if appropriate) :)

Merci =]

People at IADT are so nice!!! That was the best interview eva!!....(i think?!)

Thanks for the advice atgate. I tried to prepare a bit but it didn't really help! They seemed more interested in my CV than my portfolio, something I hadn't thought of at all.

I was interviewed by a man and a woman. They were really nice but I had been completely thrown off by having waited at the wrong door for the interview! Two other people made the same mistake so it wasn't too bad, I suppose.

Wish I could do it again though! :confused:

i think i had the same two people interviewing me.... was it just me or did they shake your hand excessively?? lol! like seriously, it was about 3 times each in the space of bout 5mins! :D

Hmm, i don't remember them shaking my hand excessively! Maybe they just really liked you! Haha. The man kept making ridick jokes though! I didn't know what to say...just smiled and nodded!

Does anyone know how many people actually apply for the course???

they were LOVELY to me though! it was the best interview ever!...:D but it was really short...! anyway, they said they loved my work..... not sure how many applied but that Eoin fella from admissions who signed ya in had A LOAD of names on those sheets he had..... but they weren't all for Film and TV so i don't no....??

• Advertisement

For film it's about 3 interviews to one place.

Excessive handshaking :D that's a new one. We try to keep people as comfortable as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

Any word on when the results from the portfolio assessments are out?

jesus, this waiting around is killing me!!!! Any word on when the results of the portfolio is coming???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LynnZ

Got mine May 13th last year so I'd imagine you might be getting them this week. Best of luck :)

Should be sent by the end of the week.

dear god, this is driving me insane!!!! any1 get one yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭*Honey*

Contact the Admissions Officer, Eoin Kelly, and see when they'll be released.

Just got mine! :D

Got waaaay more than i expected!!

OMG!!! I got 600!!!! :O:O:O:O I luv IADT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭*Honey*

Congrats!!! 600 is bloody good, that's the max you can get. Good job!

Advertisement