Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cola - taste the difference

• 08-03-2009 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

Cola thread below got me thinking about Coca Cola and how it can taste different depending on delivery. Talking about standard Coca Cola here and not the various versions of it. You can get in cans, plastic bottles, glass bottles and that syrup type version.

Which type do you prefer?

I don't like the syrup version that you usually get in theatres and cinemas.
    I find plastic bottles have a slightly flat taste.
    Cans have a slight something in the taste, probably something to do with the can.
    Glass bottles are where it's at for me. I find it to be the perfect Coca Cola drink and as such always stack up with glass bottles of it at home. It has a more crisp refreshing taste.

Glass bottle > Can > Plastic bottle > syrup

So, am I imagining all this :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

(can == glass) >>>>>>> syrup >>> plastic

can and glass are equal cause it depends how i'm feeling.

the amount of > is to indicate how much better :pac:

can we talk about coke from different countries? like Coke Classic in America is absolutely awesome too :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Where do you buy glass bottles?

Cans do it for me. I also really like the syrup version, but usually because it's accompanied by a burger and fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I generally don't like Coke, fizzy drinks in general really, but I do crave it when it's in those small glass bottles that you get in cafés. I was helping a friend out with a job at his sisters restaurant and we guzzled about 4 of them each during the job.

Other than that I don't like it, a flatmate of mine has been known to drink 8 litres a week of the stuff, 2 litres a day of water for me tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Where do you buy glass bottles?

Shops and vending machines sell them here.

Advertisement