Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC DVR Box what brand is it for Universal remote?

Options
  • 08-03-2009 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    I got a universal remote and have had no problem programming in a Panasonic TV and DVD, but I can't find a brand name on my UPC DVR Box to program in this digital TV box to my remote.

Anyone any ideas?

I don't want to use the learn function for every key...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

owen247 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I got a universal remote and have had no problem programming in a Panasonic TV and DVD, but I can't find a brand name on my UPC DVR Box to program in this digital TV box to my remote.

Anyone any ideas?

I don't want to use the learn function for every key...

It's a Thompson

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

If it's a OneForAll remote then the code is 1582.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bobo148

Can you let the board know if this solves the software problems with the supplied remotes?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 LoveIt

hey guys
    I'm having problems with my UPC DVR remote also. I have bought a Total Control Universal Remote control but can't get it to work on the UPC box. It gives a list of codes for both Thompson and Pace but none of them seem to work! My patience is wearing thin! :o
    Can anyone advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Felim_Doyle

I thought I'd wake this thread up and ask if UPC publish codes for the One-for-All URC-7540 Universal Remote Control and also whether anyone has more specific make and model information for all of the STB/PVR devices that UPC now supply.

I'm trying to set up my parents' rather old One-for-All URC to work with their relatively old UPC PVR.

Félim M3HIM
    Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
    Sandymount, Dublin 4, Ireland

vipersig.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Rathcoole

You need to select the cable option on the remote - I just got the mine working.

One-For-All URC-7781

Thousand times better then the UPC Standard Non-Working Rubbish One!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

Im looking for the type of upc box that upc use for my harmony 1000 universal remote its a cisco box, its black, hd and is the size of a dvd player it has harddrive in it, or does anyone know if there is a button i can hit that shows me the model number

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

Beaver1 wrote: »
    Im looking for the type of upc box that upc use for my harmony 1000 universal remote its a cisco box, its black, hd and is the size of a dvd player it has harddrive in it, or does anyone know if there is a button i can hit that shows me the model number

Mine's a Cisco HD DVR 8685. The model is listed in the My Settings page of the UPC Remote Record iOS app.

With Harmony remote, you could always get it to learn the commands.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

[Quote=UruS;77596995]
    Beaver1 wrote: »

Mine's a Cisco HD DVR 8685. The model is listed in the My Settings page of the UPC Remote Record iOS app.

With Harmony remote, you could always get it to learn the commands.[/Quote]
    I have a harmony 555 on my setup the box is referred to as upcdci6221upc. Not sure if it helps. Wouldn't worry bout getting codes for the hd box. All versions use the same remote

• Registered Users Posts: 20 taxidriver22

swampy353 wrote: »
    I have a harmony 555 on my setup the box is referred to as upcdci6221upc. Not sure if it helps. Wouldn't worry bout getting codes for the hd box. All versions use the same remote

It may help, it may not, but the offical remote or the upcdci6221 works well on the cisco 8685DVB box so if you get the codes for the 6221 maybe they will work on the 8685 ?? just a suggestion but I could be wrong.

I know the official remote works on the 8685 because I've tried it today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

LoveIt wrote: »
    hey guys
    I'm having problems with my UPC DVR remote also. I have bought a Total Control Universal Remote control but can't get it to work on the UPC box. It gives a list of codes for both Thompson and Pace but none of them seem to work! My patience is wearing thin! :o
    Can anyone advise?

Sorry to ressurect this, but our UPC remote has gone kaput and we're thinking of buying the total control remote as well. We also have a Thompson DVR box, can anyone tell me the code we need to input please?

Cheers :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Locking zombie thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement