Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundproofing Downstair

Options
  • 08-03-2009 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi all,

New neighbours moved in downstairs and whilst they aren't being particularly noisy, I can still hear them opening/closing cupboards, raised voices etc. We had no one under us for months and got used to the peace and quiet :)

So now we are thinking of putting a living room rug down that will help absorb the sound from downstairs. We have hard floor down and were thinking of adding a large floor rug in the living room, but we'd also like to add a layer of absorbption material under the rug to help better the sound proofing. We are renting so applying permanent fixes won't work i.e. pulling up floors etc.

Has anyone any guidelines and advice on where I can get the sound proofing material, best practices on applying it etc?

We are in Dublin 15 so anywhere round here would be ideal for supplies.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement