Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3's new mail tool

• 08-03-2009 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Did anyone try 3's mail tool?
    http://three.ie/on3/emailon3.htm

I tried to install it from planet 3 there, and it told me that my phone was unsupported, and gave me a list of phones that are supported (including my phone - Nokia N73)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You might have to set your phone as the N73 on my3. Unless you've already done that.

Is it a 3 branded N73?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Did anyone try 3's mail tool?
    http://three.ie/on3/emailon3.htm

I tried to install it from planet 3 there, and it told me that my phone was unsupported, and gave me a list of phones that are supported (including my phone - Nokia N73)

Are you 3pay or bill pay? AKAIK its not available (YET) for 3pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Has anyone installed it - curious to see what its like but not curios enough to configure my accounts - just wondering what's the advantage over say, the email client native to Symbain 60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

im 3Pay, set my phone as N73, its also unbranded. But the default browser with 3's firmware and unbranded firmware have the same UserAgent as far as I remember. im not sure how they would pick up unbranded firmware.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've been using it on the E71

Not sure if I like it over the gmail app.

One good thing is that its handy for sending attachments and the like and also you get an email alert like a text alert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

You're on 3pay, according to Walkman that could be the problem.

Thats probably it. They need to change their message so.

Bluefrog wrote: »
    Has anyone installed it - curious to see what its like but not curios enough to configure my accounts - just wondering what's the advantage over say, the email client native to Symbain 60.

You do not have to configure anything. You just pick your mail client (yahoo, gmail......), put in your username and password then you can access your emails through your message icon in your phones menu. When you click on the message icon in your phones menu their will be a new icon for what ever email client you subscribe to.

Walkman wrote: »
    You do not have to configure anything. You just pick your mail client (yahoo, gmail......), put in your username and password then you can access your emails through your message icon in your phones menu. When you click on the message icon in your phones menu their will be a new icon for what ever email client you subscribe to.

Oh right, its not that interesting so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Entering username and password qualifies as configuring for lazy old me :D

Sounds a bit like the mail app that comes with the Symbian version of Live Messenger apart from the alerts - those could get a bit annoying on a busy account.

The native Symbian mail client handles attachments quite nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

im on pay monthly and i can't see to download it, just keeps saying "no valid certificate" i looked to see what phones its supported on and my nokia 6500s is supported, anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

So all this "service" does, for want of a better word, is assist in setting up the email client on your handset so that you don't need to know the incoming/outgoing mail server names or port numbers, if applicable?

Also, from reading the 3 website, it looks as if it is a combination of the small business and Internet editions of the push email solution from Vodafone and Meteor.

allen175 wrote: »
    im on pay monthly and i can't see to download it, just keeps saying "no valid certificate" i looked to see what phones its supported on and my nokia 6500s is supported, anyone else have this problem?

Might sound silly but make sure the time and date are correct on your phone.

Thats probably it. They need to change their message so.

The message on planet 3 clearly states it is only available on bill.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Oh right, its not that interesting so.

What were you expecting?

The message on planet 3 clearly states it is only available on bill.

When I try download it, it says its not available for my model of phone. And to look below for the supported models. It doesnt tell me its not available to me because im 3pay.

kearnsr wrote: »
    What were you expecting?

A push email client.

When I try download it, it says its not available for my model of phone. And to look below for the supported models. It doesnt tell me its not available to me because im 3pay.

If you read the page with the link to download the application it says it is only available to bill pay customers with 3pay coming shortly.

Advertisement