Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing dog

Options
  • 08-03-2009 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Out walking with daughter today near crescent, at top of O'Connell st. and we saw a small white dog with black face and brown nose. No owner nearby, so I presume lost.
    Don't know breed.
    Small dog, not a pup, and slightly chubby.

Daughter took photos on her phone but I don't know how to email them for upload.

Can text photos to anyone missing a dog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Why do you assume its lost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

I have taken in a very nervous little Jack Russell that has been hanging around the pub I work in since yesterday evening. The poor fella has no collar and is extremely nervous, he just kept walking up and down outside the pub. I have since allowed him into the yard at the side of the pub and I will be getting the Dog Warden up to collect him tomorrow. Whoever dumped this little fella is a scumbag ? I wouldn't be surprised if he has been on the wrong side of a kick going by his nervousness. I'll be heading back into feed him soon.

He is small, a little chubby, pointy ears and a brown face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

jmccoy wrote: »
    I have taken in a very nervous little Jack Russell that has been hanging around the pub I work in since yesterday evening. The poor fella has no collar and is extremely nervous, he just kept walking up and down outside the pub. I have since allowed him into the yard at the side of the pub and I will be getting the Dog Warden up to collect him tomorrow. Whoever dumped this little fella is a scumbag ? I wouldn't be surprised if he has been on the wrong side of a kick going by his nervousness. I'll be heading back into feed him soon.

Hi there, if i was in your shoes I would give the dog to limerick animal welfare www.limerickanimalwelfare.ie, partly due to the fact that the pound has a policy of after 5 days the stray get put to sleep or if Limerick animal welfare can not help they might be able to guide you as to where there is a no kill policy.

golden wrote: »
    Hi there, if i was in your shoes I would give the dog to limerick animal welfare www.limerickanimalwelfare.ie, partly due to the fact that the pound has a policy of after 5 days the stray get put to sleep or if Limerick animal welfare can not help they might be able to guide you as to where there is a no kill policy.

Thanks for that. I'll contact the Sanctuary at Limerick Animal Welfare instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That was good of you jmccoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭radharc05

Poor little fella. The warden will only put him to sleep if he's not claimed. Could you not take pictures and advertise him to maybe re-home him?
    Please think about it. Can you keep him yourself?
    :)

radharc05 wrote: »
    Poor little fella. The warden will only put him to sleep if he's not claimed. Could you not take pictures and advertise him to maybe re-home him?
    Please think about it. Can you keep him yourself?
    :)

Unfortunately even though I'd like to, I can't keep the poor fella myself as my back yard has no perimeter walls and resembles a building site at the moment, so it wouldn't be safe.

I have been in touch with the LAW Sanctuary today and they have told me that they will take him in but they need me to keep him for another few days until they free up space out there. They said they have a heap of males out there and can't put them in together in case they start fighting. They gave me an estimate of Thursday and they said they will give me a ring.

I'm hoping that one of the customers might take a shine to him in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Berty wrote: »
    Why do you assume its lost?

Indeed.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Cat...ound_In_China_

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Unfortunately even though I'd like to, I can't keep the poor fella myself as my back yard has no perimeter walls and resembles a building site at the moment, so it wouldn't be safe.

I have been in touch with the LAW Sanctuary today and they have told me that they will take him in but they need me to keep him for another few days until they free up space out there. They said they have a heap of males out there and can't put them in together in case they start fighting. They gave me an estimate of Thursday and they said they will give me a ring.

I'm hoping that one of the customers might take a shine to him in the mean time.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

theres also a rehoming thread on the animals and pets forum here..

• Advertisement

I'm happy to inform that the dog will be collected by the warden today, kept for five days in the pound, and if not claimed by then handed over to LadyTBolt who has offered to rehome him.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

A happy ending.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cnocluinge

Delighted to hear this.
    LAW sanctuary is bursting at the seems at present with male dogs, and lots more on waiting lists. Its not getting any better out there and still no new animal protection laws passed......:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

I picked the dog up from the pound last Monday and we named him Bob.

I had pre-arranged appointments with the groomers and the vets to have him cleaned and vaccinated all in the one day so he could settle in from Monday on. And oh boy he has just done that.

He has a fantastic temperment, is a great pet, the children are mad about him and he seems very happy. He is still quite nervous of people he has not met before when they first come to the house but he is fine after a while. I was a little dubious about rehoming a dog without meeting him but at the end of the day there was a little abandoned dog out there who needed a home and I had just that so alls well that ends well.

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    I picked the dog up from the pound last Monday and we named him Bob.

I had pre-arranged appointments with the groomers and the vets to have him cleaned and vaccinated all in the one day so he could settle in from Monday on. And oh boy he has just done that.

He has a fantastic temperment, is a great pet, the children are mad about him and he seems very happy. He is still quite nervous of people he has not met before when they first come to the house but he is fine after a while. I was a little dubious about rehoming a dog without meeting him but at the end of the day there was a little abandoned dog out there who needed a home and I had just that so alls well that ends well.

I am delighted to hear the little fella is getting on well. You might let me know how he is getting on down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cnocluinge

Hope Bob will be very happy in his new home, given time to settle in to his new surroundings. Well done for rescuing and rehoming him. With a little work like this a lot more dogs could be saved from being PTS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

Its great to see a happy ending :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭BeanieBaby

Well done Lady T.

Good Luck to you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭The Bull O'Shea

Great to see, well done indeed lady t. I wish people would get their dogs from the animal welfare or the pound instead of forking out huge money for the purebreds. In many cases you are adding to cruelty by buying from these breeders. Plenty of great dogs in animal welfare. I got my mongrel from there and I wouldnt swap him for any purebred on the planet

• Advertisement
Advertisement