Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Predictions

Options
  • 08-03-2009 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Any of your teachers giving any indication as to any particularly likely essays this year?, or is it totally random?

I could do with a few to pay particularly close attention to?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 predominanantly

I think the history test is totally random, apart from having to have a question on one of the broad areas surrounding the case studies. That doesn't help at all.. 'cause even if the case study is Nuremburg, it could be a a question on Hitler and the church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

Ya but Hitler and the church dont exactly go hand in hand with propoganda!Take last year for example The essay on Stalin and Lenin and their contribution to communism could be half about stalins purges.The british and economic conditions in britian is basically jarrow and other bad e n s condtions!

Our teacher is recommending for Europe
    1)Hitler and his rise to power
    2)Stalin
    3)church state relations
    4)Economic and social conditions in britain n germany

i recko mussolini has a good chance of coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

In theory, Rossa Parkes should come up (ya know, with Obama and all that, also, elections and LC papers are made around the same time)..but, I have a feeling the moon landing will come up, it's the 40 yr anniversary of it.

For the Irish topics I'm doing,
    I would say something to do with Home Rule will come up, most likely Parnell.

I would also say CnaG + economic policy, or, Fianna Fail + economic policy will come up.

Not sure about the European topic, possibly tsarist Russia or the Eastern Question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Yeah i heard Mussolini aswell, i hope Jarrow doesn't come up, pure snoozefest. Any of the Dictators i'd be happy with tbh.

Pretty hopeful about my RSR though, with luck that'll be 20% knocked off

Please keep them coming, espcially document q's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Waaahhh

Our teacher seems to feel the moon landing isn't very 'examinable', cause it's too technical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Waaahhh wrote: »
    Our teacher seems to feel the moon landing isn't very 'examinable', cause it's too technical.
    No offence, but your teacher is deluded. "Too technical" - behave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Waaahhh

K4t wrote: »
    No offence, but your teacher is deluded. "Too technical" - behave.

The same person once declared that they hate computers, so touché:D
    All the same, I would be pretty surprised if the bus boycott doesn't come up.

Waaahhh wrote: »
    The same person once declared that they hate computers, so touché:D
    All the same, I would be pretty surprised if the bus boycott doesn't come up.
    I wouldn't. It's the 40th anniversary of the Moon landing and it did come up on one of the mock papers out of two. There is an equal chance of both coming up and they could do the dirt by putting on Vietnam again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

I heard Mussolini, Church-State relations might be coming up for the Dictatorship Qs. Also the Dev and Cosgrave Economy questions is another section I heard talk about.

I have heard things too but only the person setting the exam knows what's coming up, Anna ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

History is a masturbator of a subject. Enough said :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

theowen wrote: »
    History is a masturbator of a subject. Enough said :cool:
    meaning??
    i have seen on Boards that Economic Poilicies of FF or CnaG should come up this year or next year, what Jam-Fly said basically..

Meaning that I don't like leaving cert history as a subject because it's mind numbingly boring for the most part and requires little intelligence but alllllotaa effort. Methinks anywho. Oh ye anyone have any predictions for the early irish book, 1870ish on. We've hardly touched on it in class so would be greatly appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

then why did you picj it if you find it mind numbingly boring????

Had hopes of an exciting course after the junior cert one which was pretty interesting i thought. Getting off topic here anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

not really predictions but more my hopes

F.f and cnag economic policys
    something on belfast(theres always something on the north)
    facist church state relations
    causes of ww2
    gaa.(the 125th aniversary and it was a case study)

im just planning on avoiding parnell though im learning him just in case i cant work around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Im also planning to attempt to avoid Parnell and Land Reform :(yawnfest)

In that book I will focus on the GAA and other miscellaneous topics. And hope for the best. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

I hope: the economic policies of FF and CnG, the GAA, and the rise of fascism. If that came up I would leave the exam a happy man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 coislifebliain6

I think world war one will come up on the international tensions section as its the only major topic yet to come up. Difficult to predict from the 1870-1918 Irish book as it was a document based question until last year. Parnell and Home Rule would probably be a safe bet

what kinda questions come up about parnell? Literilly have no clue :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

theowen wrote: »
    what kinda questions come up about parnell? Literilly have no clue :confused:

Stuff like was he a success or failure, the 1885 elections, then maybe know his later years and downfall.

Advertisement