Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant find a list of essentials that was posted before...

• 08-03-2009 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Sorry about this thread. I have spent about an hour looking for a list that someone posted up a while back of all the essentials to bring down to college. Not just the stuff sent by HQ in the email but everyday stuff that would also be needed.

I have found the in-depth descriptions of a day in the college and stuff but I can't find the list.

Now...I may have imagined the list :D but if its not just something I've dreamt up and if anyone has it bookmarked could you post up a link please?

Cheers. Just trying to start getting things together now for may rather than rushing at the end of next month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Alias B

D22 wrote: »
    Sorry about this thread. I have spent about an hour looking for a list that someone posted up a while back of all the essentials to bring down to college. Not just the stuff sent by HQ in the email but everyday stuff that would also be needed.

I have found the in-depth descriptions of a day in the college and stuff but I can't find the list.

Now...I may have imagined the list :D but if its not just something I've dreamt up and if anyone has it bookmarked could you post up a link please?

Cheers. Just trying to start getting things together now for may rather than rushing at the end of next month.

I saved it to my member key so here ya go:

1. Letter of acceptance
    2. P45 or letter from employer to the effect that you have been released
    3. School bag
    5. Four passport photos
    6. List of relitives up to and including first cousins
    7. CV
    9. Toiletries
    10. Make-up
    11. Towels
    13. Suit(s)
    14. 5 shirts
    15. a few clothes hangers?
    18. Shoes
    19. Socks
    20. Underwear
    21. Casual Clothes for goin to Pollys
    22. Runners and PE gear
    24. Laptop! and printer because college ones are crap.
    25. Broadband if ya want it
    26. €400
    27. Steering lock for your car?
    28. Shoe polish or you'll get a swift kick up the arse on parade day!
    29. A4 page mini life story if ya get a chance to do it.
    31. Stationary – pens, a4 pad, folder, plastic sleeves etc
    32. Night time food stash

Cya down there! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭D22

Ah good stuff Alias B! :) Your down in May as well yeah? Can't wait now myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Alias B wrote: »
    my member key

*thinking that Alias B has her own personal Garda that plugs into any computer* :D

TheNog wrote: »
    *thinking that Alias B has her own personal Garda that plugs into any computer* :D

Ah Nog, how did ya know!? Garda "togo" - he's like a mobile "BILL", you can cap him at €25 under the new Meteor Recession Busting scheme! Well worth it!!!!!! Recommended to all new recruits! :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 SOUTHTIPP

hey congrats to all going in in may.il ss yee all down there and i back in on phase 3 in june god help me ha ha.anyway enjoy the next few weeks because it is quiet a big culture shock when you go down their first and its hard to get used to.
    on the other hand its not all doom and gloom keep the heads down up their and yee will be fine and get into the study straight away and it will be all worth while.
    any questions relating to any aspect of it dont hesitate to pm me

• Advertisement

Right, so cleaning stuff and rubber gloves were advised for the sinks in the room in another thread.

What about bed cloths? Should we bring our own Duvets and sheets etc?

Here's another one, I am going to buy a watch before I head down so I'm not relying on a mobile. Would people have preferences of analog over digital or vice versa while working? Never thought of it but someone asked me that when I was talking about buying one.

Right, so cleaning stuff and rubber gloves were advised for the sinks in the room in another thread.

What about bed cloths? Should we bring our own Duvets and sheets etc?

Here's another one, I am going to buy a watch before I head down so I'm not relying on a mobile. Would people have preferences of analog over digital or vice versa while working? Never thought of it but someone asked me that when I was talking about buying one.

Ok, seriously!!!!!!!!!! Would you like me to recommend the best brand of tissue to wipe your a*se with too....!?????

CMon now, bed clothes and watches....surely you have a mind of your own on that one!!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Ok, seriously!!!!!!!!!! Would you like me to recommend the best brand of tissue to wipe your a*se with too....!?????

CMon now, bed clothes and watches....surely you have a mind of your own on that one!!!!! :(
    they provide the best John Wayne toilet paper on the market down there, so don't worry about that one.

Buy a cheap watch. The expensive one with biomedicalchronoatmosphericmakeyertea one won't last too long.

deadwood wrote: »
    they provide the best John Wayne toilet paper on the market down there, so don't worry about that one.

John Wayne, the trusty "right hand" man :D:D:D:D

I do, of course have my own mind. Now look at the list you posted...it has underwear on it suddenly asking about bed clothes isn't so bad imo if something like underwear was highlighted before ;)

I was just wondering if we were given a room with a bed and a matress, unfortunately I've been in provided "full board" accomodation before and it was less than "half-full" board :D

And for the watch....I just needed a nudge to talk myself out of a Tag ;)

Someones cranky on a Sat morning....out on the beer last night???:p:p

• Advertisement

I do, of course have my own mind. Now look at the list you posted...it has underwear on it suddenly asking about bed clothes isn't so bad imo if something like underwear was highlighted before ;)

I was just wondering if we were given a room with a bed and a matress, unfortunately I've been in provided "full board" accomodation before and it was less than "half-full" board :D

And for the watch....I just needed a nudge to talk myself out of a Tag ;)

Someones cranky on a Sat morning....out on the beer last night???:p:p

That list i posted was copied and pasted - the one you tried to find and couldnt.....!!! ;) HAAHAAAAA - will you be bringing your mammy with you in May? I hear they cut they cut the umbillical cord at the gate for free!!!! :):):):) heheeee.........

That list i posted was copied and pasted - the one you tried to find and couldnt.....!!! ;) HAAHAAAAA - will you be bringing your mammy with you in May? I hear they cut they cut the umbillical cord at the gate for free!!!! :):):):) heheeee.........

Unfortunately I am a bit past bringing a parent with me, so will be one of the brave ones on their own unfortunately ;)

Last time I ask for advice for fear of redicule btw....:P

Unfortunately I am a bit past bringing a parent with me, so will be one of the brave ones on their own unfortunately ;)

Last time I ask for advice for fear of redicule btw....:P

Aw, im sorry...now ive gone and made you cry!!!!!! :p:p:p

Templemore is gonna be fun....WAhAAAHAAAAAAW!!!! :D:D:D

Aw, im sorry...now ive gone and made you cry!!!!!! :p:p:p

Templemore is gonna be fun....WAhAAAHAAAAAAW!!!! :D:D:D

Yeah it will, make sure you keep an eye out for me on the 5th....I'll be the one carrying my sleeping bag and pillow under my arm ;):D

Yeah it will, make sure you keep an eye out for me on the 5th....I'll be the one carrying my sleeping bag and pillow under my arm ;):D

ANd a sign saying "Please Advise" HAhaahaaahaaahaaa!!!!!! :o:D:D:D

ANd a sign saying "Please Advise" HAhaahaaahaaahaaa!!!!!! :o:D:D:D

No I've given up on that now LOL :D

No I've given up on that now LOL :D

Glad i could help.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Joefromcork

do i need to bring a pillows or duvets????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

do i need to bring a pillows or duvets????

Yes unless you want to buy them from college.

And people for the love of god dont forget the CIF and RUBBER GLOVES!!!!

(that sink has many uses and has been used in many ways:D:D:p)

Rubber gloves??:confused::confused:...lol...

• Advertisement

Rubber gloves??:confused::confused:...lol...

To wash scrub the sink with the CIF:D

Yea.. i got that...just wondering what the duce are they doing with the sinks???:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

Yea.. i got that...just wondering what the duce are they doing with the sinks???:rolleyes:

Supposedly the current phase 1 and 3 students are extremely lazy people :pac:

Supposedly the current phase 1 and 3 students are extremely lazy people :pac:

All phases are extremely lazy with a few pints in them!!! Believe me nasty stuff!!!!:pac::D

Advertisement