Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CDJ / mixer (advise)

• 08-03-2009 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

I'm looking 2 get a set of cdj's soon nd im just wondering are the cdj 400's any use, my m8 told me u can huck laptop up to them using usb nd stream tunes, does any1 here use this? whats it like? or am I better off forking out for 800's/1000's, also should I buy the djm 800 mixer is it worth the money?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

There's a good video review of the 400s on youtube, try searching for "djmag cdj 400". It should show you what they're capable of.
    Not too sure if I'd go for them or the 800s tbh, but if you can afford it definitely go for a 1000.

As for the DJM800, they're fantastic pieces of kit but bloody pricey too...
    Considering selling mine at the moment, but just can't bring myself to part with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

-oRnein9- wrote: »
    I'm looking 2 get a set of cdj's soon nd im just wondering are the cdj 400's any use, my m8 told me u can huck laptop up to them using usb nd stream tunes, does any1 here use this? whats it like? or am I better off forking out for 800's/1000's, also should I buy the djm 800 mixer is it worth the money?

Just got the 400s 2 weeks ago and I have to say I am very happy with them. Class piece of kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Just got the 400s 2 weeks ago and I have to say I am very happy with them. Class piece of kit.

+1 I have a 400 and I love it. Using usb sticks is a great feature one which will surely be on the next cdj 1000 if it ever comes out, as Pioneer are saying they want to work on the DVJ's.

Get yourself a set of cdj-400's with a decent brand mixer doesn't have to be the 800. Nice mixer but very pricey + if I had that money id buy the xone 92.:pac:

The 400's have a soundcard built in if im not mistaken which means you can you tracktor or SSL without timecoded cd's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

+1 I have a 400 and I love it. Using usb sticks is a great feature one which will surely be on the next cdj 1000 if it ever comes out, as Pioneer are saying they want to work on the DVJ's.

Get yourself a set of cdj-400's with a decent brand mixer doesn't have to be the 800. Nice mixer but very pricey + if I had that money id buy the xone 92.:pac:

The 400's have a soundcard built in if im not mistaken which means you can you tracktor or SSL without timecoded cd's.

I have the xone62 and I love it. Much prefer it to a pioneer but maybe Im biased.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Cheers 4 d feedback, watched that dj mag review video on youtube, look like a great piece of kit, kinda new to cdj's, just wondering for the lads who have the 400's would u find it difficult switching to 800's/1000's after playing the 400's,

• Advertisement

Cheers 4 d feedback, watched that dj mag review video on youtube, look like a great piece of kit, kinda new to cdj's, just wondering for the lads who have the 400's would u find it difficult switching to 800's/1000's after playing the 400's,

No not at all ive used 1000'2 at gigs and the only usable feature the 1000 has over the 400 is the hot cues which I don't use in my set anyway!

+ the 400 has the loop divider, a roll effect and a wah effect which are sweet! IMO opinion use the money you would save to buy a good mixer and tunes! after all equipment means nothing without good tunes!

I have the xone62 and I love it. Much prefer it to a pioneer but maybe Im biased.:rolleyes:

Its like the MAC vs PC debate its personal preference but id deffo love a xone:92 or 4d.. One day maybe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Have been watchin a good few vid's on youtube and I'm gonna go with the 400's, your true in saying that the 400's have a soundcard built in vinyl junkie, just wondering what software is the best to use, also is it hardware intense have laptob with intel m 1.8ghz 512 ram, cheers

Have been watchin a good few vid's on youtube and I'm gonna go with the 400's, your true in saying that the 400's have a soundcard built in vinyl junkie, just wondering what software is the best to use, also is it hardware intense have laptob with intel m 1.8ghz 512 ram, cheers

At the moment I think Serato & Traktor support the 400. I have Torq and as far as I know it does not support it but I can still use a timecoded cd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Allen and Heath are bringin out a two channel mixer soon....maybe wait for that...its about the same price as the djm400 which i have which is a great mixer if you're thinking pioneer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If you can stretch your budget at the Credit Union for a SH set of CDJ100's you won't regret it, they are the club standard kit unlike the 400's or others and will last you a long time if you look after them.

Advertisement