Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Thread - Got a question? Ask here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Just got sized up from 2.4mm to 3 or 3.2. Just wondering what the next size up is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

4mm, usually go .8mm increments

yada
    yada
    yada

cheers. Wasn't sure if it was .6 or .8mm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Will wrote: »
    4mm, usually go .8mm increments

yada
    yada
    yada

i thought it was 1.6,2.0,2.4,3,4,5,6,8,10 ect i never knew 4.8/5.6 excisted??

you can get em in those sizes also, most call em their closest solid size (i think)

GaugeChart.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

Got a tattoo done over a year ago and never was overly happy with it... mainly thing is that it is a bit wonky in one corner. Can't exactly go back to the shop to get it sorted, so was wondering what do people suggest? It would be a fairly minor job for a tattooist... I know, I know that I should go and actually ask one myself, but I don't want to waste their time if they are going to charge heaps for something relatively small. Should I just wait till I get my next tattoo and be done with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

whew, not been around here in a while, beyond the show you mine thread.

just wondering, i've had the same lip ring in for about 3-4 years now, and changed it last week. just about killed myself changing it, all fiddly with a small ball, took about 45mins while watching tv/wrestling with the mirror etc.

anyway, been a bit tender for the last few days, and took the ring out today, and was greeted to the ever charming sight of red blood and yellow puss oozing out once the ring came out. spent a while squeezing all the gooey stuff out, before about 20 odd mins soaking it in sea salt (with toilet tissue, not got any cotton here at the mo), before thinking... maybe the puss was actually my white blood cells doing the whole infection fighting thing they do. should i have tried get rid of it? i remember steve (snakebite) saying a good while ago that you shouldnt let the piercing close up with an infection in there, as it just sorta keeps the infection stuck in there.

any advice/recommendations, etc? not really established any trusted piercers over here, the guy i did go to has moved down south, and tbh, im more familiar with the local surf shops and staff than the tattoo and piercing ones around here.

(and emm, for anyone who doesnt know, im posting this from christchurch, new zealand).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

whats the ring made out from? Maybe the material is agitating the piercing?

I'm personally of the belief that the only jewellery that should be in piercings is the implant grade stuff(cant remember the technical name) that most parlours originally pierce you with

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

whats the ring made out from? Maybe the material is agitating the piercing?

I'm personally of the belief that the only jewellery that should be in piercings is the implant grade stuff(cant remember the technical name) that most parlours originally pierce you with

Both things you name there are titanium in me.
    Titanium pins in my leg and titanium tunnels

It was annoying me so I went and checked

316-lvm stainless steel(surgical)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

Hey guys.

Hoping to get a latin phrase tattoo’d on my chest - under one of the mamaries :P - in the next few weeks.

Its ‘non est vivere sed valere vita est’
    And it means ‘there is more to life than just being alive’
    (literally ‘life is not to live, but to be well’)

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations of artists with a particular gift for script :)

Cheers

any reputable one.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Hey guys.

Hoping to get a latin phrase tattoo’d on my chest - under one of the mamaries :P - in the next few weeks.

Its ‘non est vivere sed valere vita est’
    And it means ‘there is more to life than just being alive’
    (literally ‘life is not to live, but to be well’)

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations of artists with a particular gift for script :)

Cheers
    depends on where your based tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

Right, just wondering: anyone have their nipple AND lip pierced?

Cos I'm wondering which they found to be more painful?

I know that everyone's got different pain thresholds but I always like to ask people just out of interest before I go get something done.

Thanks! :)

They both feel like having a 14g needle through yer flesh.

Heya. Have both done. Nipples pierced 4 times, lip pierced twice (just have 1 piece of jewellery in each)

Eh lip piercing is like a sharp pinch, nipple piercing is like a nipple cripple. However everyone has different pain thresholds so you may think they're a lot worse or better than my description.

They both feel like having a 14g needle through yer flesh.

Lol fair enough!!

I didn't find the last one bad at all, was too busy watching it get done, so I'll trust you on it that they're similar! :)

Thanks

Heya. Have both done. Nipples pierced 4 times, lip pierced twice (just have 1 piece of jewellery in each)

Eh lip piercing is like a sharp pinch, nipple piercing is like a nipple cripple. However everyone has different pain thresholds so you may think they're a lot worse or better than my description.

Thanks Will, four times is impressive! :eek: I found it like a pinch myself so if lip's similar I'll be happy out :)

lip is cake walk compared to nipple

jenga-jen wrote: »
    Thanks Will, four times is impressive! :eek: I found it like a pinch myself so if lip's similar I'll be happy out :)
    Not that impressive, Like all gingers will actually has 6 nipples.

• Advertisement

jenga-jen wrote: »
    Right, just wondering: anyone have their nipple AND lip pierced?

Cos I'm wondering which they found to be more painful?

I know that everyone's got different pain thresholds but I always like to ask people just out of interest before I go get something done.

Thanks! :)

Getting my nipple was much worse than my lip. Its why I haven't gone back for the second one. And it bled ALOT. But I think that was just me, I don't think its normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

Splinter wrote: »
    depends on where your based tbh

Based in Dublin

Last thing on the lip piercing:

I've read about healing times in the other thread, just wondering how long people were in pain afterwards in terms of eating etc? [in cases with a normal, healthy piercing obv]

Just that the bf is coming home in 3 weeks after being away for a while :p Not wincing every time I go in for the kill would be nice ;)

If you get it done over the weekend you should be ok... i think. Depends how well it heals i suppose. Just no movie-esque dramatic smooches. Probably best to direct this question at a professional piercer cos Im just going on what Ive experienced.

Lol I'll bear it in mind! Thanks again :) That's me all questioned out for the minute...

Keep questions coming!

Keep questions coming!

Lol will do, just meant I'd just have to go get it done and stop sitting on the fence.... so I did :D

Delighted with it and yis were right about it being like a scrape/pinch so thanks!

Now for the healing...

Healing in the main should be cool. Only possible issue is if you swell a lot and the bar isn't long enough to accomadate it. If that happens get back to your piercer

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Hey, I have a question about kissing and tongue piercing. This is probably a stupid question, but does the month long ban on kissing apply to just kissing on the lips or is it only kissing that involves tongues? (sorry can't think if a nicer way to phrase that!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Just have a quick question on a new tattoo. There's a mistake in it. An apostrophe where there shouldn't be one. It's tiny though and by the looks of it it could be fixed quite easily. Would a studio be happy to fix it for free?

Advertisement