Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Thread - Got a question? Ask here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Maybe if you go back to where you got it done, but I'd highly doubt any studio you walk into will do it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Well yeah, I meant the studio that I got it done in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Oh right :p

Just give them a ring and see. They don't bite. Hopefully.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Thanks. I'll give them a ring in the morning so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Ok so i've had my helix piercing for 7months, more or less. No problems with keloids but it does seem to get infected a lot, but its not like i'm not taking care of it! Does it just not like me? :( Should i just take it out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

Ok, 2 questions:

1st: lip piercing is in around 9 days and doing the usual crusty healy thing with only a little bit of redness around it. Just wondering (curiosity) does anyone else find their piercings always itch while they're healing? My last 3 have done it and the lip is starting the itching now :p

2nd: any chance we could sticky this thread please mods? Seems to be a great place for people to ask questions and it's a pity to have to keep going to look for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Itching is a good sign, means the cells in the area are starting to re-generate and heal :)

Will wrote: »
    Itching is a good sign, means the cells in the area are starting to re-generate and heal :)

Thanks for that, I just hate how its that silly tingly itch that's nowhere and everywhere :rolleyes:

Pride feels no pain and so on...

Just needed to double check it's not just that I'm a weirdo while healing!

my ear currently has the same itch so fear not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Thinking about getting a tattoo during Easter, my first. Its a stupid idea but I really like it. I think I'm the only one but that doesn't bother me too much.
    I'm gonna get it starting just under my shoulder and running down to a small bit past my elbow. But on the opposite side, the inside of my arm like. Just wondering how much this could hurt?

• Advertisement

Hey Ix Deadmau5,

Hard to say in terms of how painful it's going to be. It really depends on the your pain threshold. Also, depending on who you ask (and I like to ask a lot of questions :rolleyes:) they'll tell you bone/muscle/soft tissue's the most painful.

I've only the one tattoo so someone else might be able to shed more light on it but I know I went through the same thing before I got it.

Ultimately though, when you want it bad enough, you're willing to put yourself through it for the finished product.... like an arty version of childbirth, once you're through it you kind of forget the pain (mostly :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kelznz

Thinking about getting a tattoo during Easter, my first. Its a stupid idea but I really like it. I think I'm the only one but that doesn't bother me too much.
    I'm gonna get it starting just under my shoulder and running down to a small bit past my elbow. But on the opposite side, the inside of my arm like. Just wondering how much this could hurt?

Hi

I've got a few tattoos now and while they all hurt a bit, none were unbearable pain. My latest one was on my foot which was probably the most painful. I've hear that the underside of the arm is very tender though, but it's hard to say for you as everyone has different pain thresholds. I agree with Jenga-jen though - once the work has started no matter how much it hurts you're hardly going going to stop :)

Good luck though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Guys,

I'm looking for a place in Dublin to get my wrist tattoo touched up (it's a treble clef). It never really healed great and one of the lines is a bit wonky!

I won't be going back to the original studio so I need recommendations of artists who can do good clean lines!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Whats the orginal place, There are tonnes of good places in dub, connected ink, wildcat, snakebite, classic ink etc.

Originally got it done in Colour Works.

Go back to the studio and ask them, shouldn't be a problem and im sure they will sort it out for you

Oh it was done ages ago, and I'd rather not go back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Why not? Explain the situation and I'm sure they'd understand.

The saga continues!! :p

Lip pierced coming up on 3 weeks now and I went back after 2 weeks to get silly long bar taken out since it was getting in the way of eating and generally driving me mad!

I got a continuous ring in though and I'm just wondering did anyone notice when they changed to a ring that their piercing got irritated? Talking a bump below the hole inside and the front is back to leaking the usual crusty-making stuff...

Just wondering if I should just go swap it for a short labret bar for a bit and leave the ring til it's better established?

Cheers in advance if anyone can shed any light on this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

I know my navel hated having a ring in the early stages... it would get knocked around more, which made it angry. Same thing would happen with your lip. Did the piercer recommend the ring?

*sigh* I'm so jealous of people with lip piercings. Stupid work. :( (end rant)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

To be honest, I don't know anyone that has had a 'hidden segment'/continuous ring without having some problems with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ooh, i've got a question...

i've been a bit sick lately, lost a lot of weight, and my appetite's seriously decreased. ive been booked in for about 10months now for a relatively big piece this weekend at an expo, so not about to postpone/cancel it.

but any tips to have my body most prepared for it? any foods/energy drinks etc that'll have me least likely to pass out/go into shock? (i still remember my foot going into shock and shaking uncontrollably during my last one and wouldnt mind avoiding that).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Lucozade and peanuts(not roasted--just natural)--Always serves me well on a long session.

Both good energy foods.

Just eat well for a few days leading up to it, eat maybe an hour before the tattoo, drink something sugary before/during like an energy drink (Doubt lucozade is available down there!) but make sure you're up to it, and make sure you're eating properly! :)

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Lucozade and peanuts(not roasted--just natural)--Always serves me well on a long session.

Both good energy foods.

cant/wont eat nuts, but would other protein foods work? like seeds and that? load up on the beforehand?
    Just eat well for a few days leading up to it, eat maybe an hour before the tattoo, drink something sugary before/during like an energy drink (Doubt lucozade is available down there!) but make sure you're up to it, and make sure you're eating properly! :)

im not sure if we have lucozade, but the energy drink thing is big business here, so im sure ill find something. sweet though, thanks guys :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

cant/wont eat nuts, but would other protein foods work? like seeds and that? load up on the beforehand?

Seeds/pulses are good energy foods.Good for snacking on during the tattoo aswell.

im not sure if we have lucozade, but the energy drink thing is big business here, so im sure ill find something. sweet though, thanks guys :)

Just not the redbull/taurine based stuff--more glucose based stuff would be better.

ah. that's different. ill look into it tomorrow (wednesday's my shopping day, hance asking now :D ).

semingly we do have lucozade here though. so that's that sorted :D

and i do love my seeds and pulses, so that's that sorted too. oooooh! im all excited! ^_^

To be honest, I don't know anyone that has had a 'hidden segment'/continuous ring without having some problems with it...

Thanks Damo :)

Only had the hidden segment ring in for 5 days and my poor lip's in a heap! Lost the rag with it this morning and went back to the piercer and had changed it for a short bar! :D

A captive bead ring would probably be the way to go if you wanted to go with a ring, but they don't look quite the same in lip piercings. What width/gauge is the bar/ring you had? 1.6mm or 2.4mm (if you know!)

• Advertisement

i would imagine it's 1.6 or 1.2 as very few get labrets pierced at 2.4

Advertisement