Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Thread - Got a question? Ask here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

ok so i have a tatt on my side that i got finished nearly two months ago and i have the wierdest feeling in it... not quite painful but more i am aware it's there... now i know i shouldn't be able to feel it and it's reeaally irritating me...

i know it may not be the tattoo and just my side but i havn't fallen or banged it or anything and its been like this for ages...

just wandering if anyone knows what the cause could be? or if this is a stupid question and it's def not related to the tattoo?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

honestly no clue, guesses are - reaction to the ink, hyper-sensitivity, trapped nerve. if it's really buggin ya i suggest hittin up your local GP

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

I'd say maybe it's 1.2 looking at it, maybe 1.6? (comparing it to nipple bar/bellybutton in terms of jewelry here so you'll have to excuse the vagueness!)

Yeh I was looking at captive bead rings and horseshoes but tbh I've an awful skinny little head on me and they were dominating a bit :P Even the continuous ring was a bit much unfortunately!

I'll stick with the bar for a while, feels soooo much better today with it changed!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

Will wrote: »
    honestly no clue, guesses are - reaction to the ink, hyper-sensitivity, trapped nerve. if it's really buggin ya i suggest hittin up your local GP

thanks Will! i think i might o to the GP if it keeps up.. it's just weird like! it cant be reaction to the ink cause i have another fairly large tatt on my other side done by the same artist with the same inks for the past two years and theres never been any problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Monkey_Pirate

Where would you guys suggest as the best place to go in Dublin for piercing with custom jewellery? Specifically I'm looking to get a Diath with jewellery like this;

http://bmezine.com/pierce/01-ear/A91228/high/j31y-my-custom-heart.jpg
    http://bmezine.com/pierce/01-ear/A91118/high/jq1w-custom-industrials.jpg

Anyone any ideas? My usual piercer won't do anything other than standard jewellery AFAIK. :confused:

• Advertisement

they won't do anything other than standard jewellery as it's the best thing to heal piercings with. once it's healed then get fancy with curved bars

..the real question is why aren't you a pirate monkey?!! we all know monkey pirate's were SO 2 years ago :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

hey, it's been two years since my last tattoo... how long you meant to keep the cling film on, again? >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

like 4 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

sweeeeeeeet. i couldnt figure out if it was like hours or days... been keeping it in the fresh air when im wearing a tshirt, but putting clingfilm on when ive got a hoody or something on, so it dont get fluff everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 King-of-mice

does anyone know where i can get dermal piercing done in the west of ireland.
    dont want to try metalworks in galway as i had a bad experience there before!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mega_Me

So, I've been putting off and putting off and putting off getting a tattoo done for years. I know what I want, where I want it, and even how much it will cost. I actually made it to a studio before chickening out. I have a few questions cos I am thinking of REALLY getting this done this time the week before paddys day.

1 - seriously, how bad does it hurt. i have heard from people (a bit - it tickles). i want it on my back, in between my shoulder blades.

2 - can i be drunk? if the nerves get the better of me again, would it be ok to have lets say a nagan on me to calm the nerves.

3 - what will be the story with regards to covering it up, showering etc?

Thanks for your time

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've moved the post into the question thread, as it is generic questions...

1 - seriously, how bad does it hurt. i have heard from people (a bit - it tickles). i want it on my back, in between my shoulder blades.
    This varies from person to person. What's your pain threshold like in general, in that area?

2 - can i be drunk? if the nerves get the better of me again, would it be ok to have lets say a nagan on me to calm the nerves.
    No. Any reputable tattoo parlour will turn you away for being drunk, as A: they wouldn't want to work on you, as drunk people can be unpredictable, and B: Alcohol thins your blood, so you would bleed a lot more than usual.

3 - what will be the story with regards to covering it up, showering etc?
    The tattoo artist will tell you how to care for the tattoo, and different artists recommend different things.
    Personally, I keep it covered with the cling film they put on it for the first 3/4 hours, then remove it, wash with gentle anti-bacterial liquid soap, pat dry, apply bepanthen sparingly (So the tattoo is moisturised, plus it helps healing. Enough that there's a little shine to the tattoo, but there's no cream left sitting on the skin). This should be done 3-4 times a day for the first few days, then as needed after. I personally like to reapply cling-film immediately after following this procedure if I think that the tattoo may get agitated by what I am wearing, and leave it uncovered while at home to let the skin breathe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mega_Me

thanks. didn't see the questions thread. d'oh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

sup.
    i'm thinking of getting a little microdermal behind my ear but finance will largely influence if it happens or not... can anyone tell me roughly the prices of dermals in town (dublin town)....:o
    chairs!

60'ish give or take €10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

tfak85 wrote: »
    sup.
    i'm thinking of getting a little microdermal behind my ear but finance will largely influence if it happens or not... can anyone tell me roughly the prices of dermals in town (dublin town)....:o
    chairs!

Behind your ear? you mean the bare patch between the back of you ear and your hairline? Is the skin thick enough there?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Bit of an odd one here but has anyone ever had an experience with vertical lowbrets? I've wanted them for a good while but can't seem to find much info on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Has anyone had experience of getting their conch dead stretched because I have had my conch for nearly 9 months and I would like to stretch it up to 3.2mm

Yup did it myself, your best bet is to stretch it in .5mm increments instead of 1mm increments. Got my conch from 6mm to 8mm in about a 3-4 weeks using conch pins in .5mm jumps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 859 ✭✭✭BobbyOLeary

I'm not much of an artist and I know next to nothing about tattoos but I know the things I want included in my tat (there's a few things that are personal that I want included). My GF is pretty good at art so she's helping me a bit with the initial design stage but my question is; can you go into a tattoo artist and just sit down and chat and have a bit of back and forth about the whole thing and have he/she do you up some sketches of what they'd be able to do for you? Advise you on colouring etc?

Not to sound like a stingy git but how much would this consultation cost? It's just I have some ideas but I'd like to chat to someone knowlegeable about the ins and outs of it.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

yeah you can go in and chat to them about it. Dont know about a price though tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'm not much of an artist and I know next to nothing about tattoos but I know the things I want included in my tat (there's a few things that are personal that I want included). My GF is pretty good at art so she's helping me a bit with the initial design stage but my question is; can you go into a tattoo artist and just sit down and chat and have a bit of back and forth about the whole thing and have he/she do you up some sketches of what they'd be able to do for you? Advise you on colouring etc?

Not to sound like a stingy git but how much would this consultation cost? It's just I have some ideas but I'd like to chat to someone knowlegeable about the ins and outs of it.

Cheers.
    You can go in and talk to them alright(don't be surprised if they can't like miami ink) If you want them to sketch something up, usually they'll take it home and do it, charge around 30e which'll be deducted from the final cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tabbbyboy

Teferi wrote: »
    How long would you have to wait after getting a tattoo before doing a hard work out in the gym and swim in pools or rivers?
    3 or 4 days,,,i have 12 tats,,,and a strongman,,done a event a week after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

I'm sure this has been asked before, but i can't find it.
    anyway, had my nape pierced a while ago until it was pulled out on a night out, VERY SORE. while i had it i was told it would definitely grow out, wasn't ever convinced as i couldn't see any problem with mine.
    If i get it done again would you think it will be any more likely to grow out?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

We wrote: »
    anyone able to give me a ballpark figure of how much this(see attached) would cost?.. size being around 2.5x2.5" on my chest.

cheers

Tattoo's vary in price because they are either charged by the hour 80 - 100 per hour is the average around the top studios or they can be charged for the piece as a whole.

Dont base your decision on who will do the tattoo on price but on the artist you feel will do the best job possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

abcdggs wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but i can't find it.
    anyway, had my nape pierced a while ago until it was pulled out on a night out, VERY SORE. while i had it i was told it would definitely grow out, wasn't ever convinced as i couldn't see any problem with mine.
    If i get it done again would you think it will be any more likely to grow out?
    Thanks

Well it would have to be pierced either above or below the orginal spot!
    surface piercings are very senentive!! I had my wrist done and it lasted a week with the surface bar in (it stayed open for 4 days until i put a ptfe bar in and it's doing great now :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

Anybody had any problems with PVC bars? I changed one of mine for a PVC one and piercing seems to keep swelling/getting gooey!? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

jenga-jen wrote: »
    Anybody had any problems with PVC bars? I changed one of mine for a PVC one and piercing seems to keep swelling/getting gooey!? :(

The gooey is good as that means the lymph is coming out. I told told by my piercer thats your meant to always push it out

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DhalsimHibiki

Hi,

I got my earlobes pierced in early November. 5 Weeks later, they were healed and I put new ones in the lobes, unfortunately, the left one got stuck in my hoodie once and ripped it a bit. There was just a bit of blood and I thought it wouldnt have been that bad. I started cleaning it again with antibacterial soap and after a week or so I started using sea salt soaks. I also put the first piercing back in. Until this day, pus comes out of my left earlobe. What can I do? I live in a country where I need to visit a doctor to receive antibiotics but due to problems with my insurance company, I cannot visit a doctor at the moment.
    The piercing never hurt, it was red in the beginning but after soaking and cleaning it it stopped, the only thing that remains is pus coming out of it. Is there anything I can do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭witty_name

Hi everyone,
    I'm just wondering has anyone any experience with Impulse in Maynooth? I'm thinking of getting a tattoo done there soon so it'd be great to have some feedback.
    Cheers

Advertisement