Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Thread - Got a question? Ask here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Thanks atavan-halen! I've a few tattoos already, but I designed them myself, so I was able to look at them and think about them for ages.
    I just wondered if it was bad form to ask for the same if it was designed by someone else.. I guess in case you went to someone else with the design or something?
    (Not that I would do that, but that why I thought it might be bad form)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Jean wrote: »
    Thanks atavan-halen! I've a few tattoos already, but I designed them myself, so I was able to look at them and think about them for ages.
    I just wondered if it was bad form to ask for the same if it was designed by someone else.. I guess in case you went to someone else with the design or something?

No I wouldn't say so. If you have a chat with the artist and just say to them you want to have a think about it for a few days I'm sure they'll understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The first Tattoo looks great. I think in case you should try to get as much pieces as you can and show them to the artist because alot of them will not know much about DNA and Biochemical. Saying that I would personally get the tattoo because its not like a koi or tribal, you will probably be the only person in the World who has that tattoo because it is very unique design.

I would also look again at the portfolios because this piece is going to need someone who is very good with colour to do the piece.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I got my nose pierced on October 24th (with a needle). It was my second piercing there as the first one had fallen out and I couldn't get the jewellery back in so left it to heal. 22 months later I got it repierced. The guy bent the jewellery once it was in my nose - to ensure that it wouldn't fall out I presume... But now I can't get the flipping thing out myself to change it!! And it looks weird cos the stone fell out so I really want to put a new one in!

So I suppose my questions are:
    1) Has this (or similar) happened to anyone else and if so what did you do??
    2) Has anyone any suggestions for what to do??
    3) It coulnd't be that the piercing hasn't healed could it? It's been 5 months!!

All help greatfully appreciated!!

2) Has anyone any suggestions for what to do??

Go back to the piercer when ever you are available and tell them what happened and they should help you and fix the problem

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

unknown13 wrote: »
    Go back to the piercer when ever you are available and tell them what happened and they should help you and fix the problem

If I lived near there I would but I got it done away from where I live so its not really an option... Not for about the next three months anyway! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Hop to any decent studio, ask for a jewellery change. Usually free if you buy the jewellery in the shop too, they have stuff for opening jewellery which should be easier

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Thanks unknown13 - yes, it's a little bit different, and that's why I want to choose the best artist for the job! And that's why I'm looking for recommendations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Jean wrote: »

It's not bad form, but expect to pay for the design up front if that's what you're going to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 EmmaDig7

This is probably going to end up being a really silly question but I don't know a whole lot about piercing so here goes.. :D

Anyone know if your snug is pierced with a curved barbell, can you change it to a straight one? I have a straight bar which is shorter than the curved one currently in my piercing, and just think it might fit nicer, or more snugly. (Haha. :P)

And also, would it be ok to change it myself after about two months of having it done? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

EmmaDig7 wrote: »
    Hey there :)
    Ok so I'm wondering if anyone can help me. Got my snug pierced about 5 weeks ago. The piercer in bodyshock said it would take about 2months to heal fully, but after the third week, it started to get quite painful and swollen. I would have regular 'crusties' and redness around each hole of the piercing every morning, even though i cleaned the piercing twice a day with saline solution, as recommended. Now, there's one bump on one of the exit holes, and I haven't a clue how to get rid of it. I'm still cleaning it with saline solution twice a day, trying to avoid sleeping on it, and doing regular warm water -with sea salt- soaks. I've heard and read some things about tea tree oil working.. but not sure about it as I don't want to make it any worse than it is!! Any help at all would be great :D Thanks!!
    Emma :)

Maybe its just getting too agitated where it is, youre probably more prone to hittin off. Aloe vera gel is the best thing to use for those little lumps, just rub it into the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 EmmaDig7

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Maybe its just getting too agitated where it is, youre probably more prone to hittin off. Aloe vera gel is the best thing to use for those little lumps, just rub it into the area.

Yeah it's in a spot which is pretty easy to bump, especially since the bar is too long, it keeps getting stuck in my hair etc! Thanks --LOS-- , will give aloe vera a shot :)

Give or take how much would I be looking at for conch pins. I want to start to stretch my conch. It is at the standard 1.6mm now.

depends what material but i'd say a standard titanium barbell would do the job? €25 squid? not sure not bought stuff from a studio in aages stretching in 1mm jumps isn't advised though, try do half mm jumps if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shanona

Hey! i just moved here from the states and left my trusty supplier behind who sold me all my earrings for my stretched earlobes. I'm currently at a 2 guage/ 6mm but want to go up to a 0 guage/ 8mm (i think it's 8mm...)

Anyone know where i can get decent (read: decent and not overly expensive) larger earrings?

thanks!

www.bodyartforms.com is your best bet, large array caters for every pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shanona

thanks! i frequently ordered from BAF (as well) in the states and love them. Just hoped to find something local
    if not, no big.
    BAF has an amazing selection!

i think it's been lacking lately personally :( but that's probably just me. tbh they're the cheapest around, maybe hit up some of the various studios around the city centre but you will end up paying more than on BAF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pabsi1983

Hi, I didn't want to start a thread for such a small question. If its not in the right place, just let me know and I'll set up a separate thread.

Anyway, I'm wondering can anyone recommend an artist in Dublin (or possibly Wicklow) who would be good at taking 4 random items and making it work in one piece – I don't know would it be best to call it a “collage tattoo”. Just to give an idea, two of the items are a feather and some sort of small cross.

I'm probably hoping for too much but I've looked through a lot of portfolios online and haven't seen anything I like so far. If it's a case that no-one can do it as one piece I don't mind doing it separately, especially the feather. I'm thinking upper arm and black/grey (or limited colour).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

ive heard that if you stretch your ear over 6mm it won't shrink back after,true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

storm2811 wrote: »
    ive heard that if you stretch your ear over 6mm it won't shrink back after,true?

Yes and no. There's no telling if it will or not because everyone's different. Some people can shrink a 14mm hole, others can't. It's the same for any size really. Stretching should be regarded as a permanent mod so think before you do it, whether you'd be happy with holes in your ear possibly forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jagp

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

I'm 17 and I've been thinking of getting a tattoo for ages and really want to get a script tattoo on my wrist. I've narrowed it down to three quotes either:

1) "Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today."
    2) “Our fingerprints don’t fade from the lives we touch.”
    3) "Carpe Diem, Carpe Noctem, Carpe Vitam" ~ aka seize the day, seize the night, seize life.

Thats my order of preference to be honest but I want the tattoo to go all around my wrist like a braclet but I'm not sure if they will fit on my wrist I think the last one will but I'm not too sure about the first two.

Any thoughts would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

phish wrote: »
    I'm 17 and I've been thinking of getting a tattoo for ages and really want to get a script tattoo on my wrist. I've narrowed it down to three quotes either:

3) "Carpe Diem, Carpe Noctem, Carpe Vitam" ~ aka seize the day, seize the night, seize life.

Thats my order of preference to be honest but I want the tattoo to go all around my wrist like a braclet but I'm not sure if they will fit on my wrist I think the last one will but I'm not too sure about the first two.

First off wait until you are 18 because no decent places will tattoo you.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

phish wrote: »

+1 to unknown13

Also, while I know from experience of hounding people on here for advice, only YOU can choose your script and based on that decide where on your body will look best (honestly something you need to discuss with your tattooist!).

Best of luck with it but please, if it means waiting to do it until you turn 18 in order to get a reputable, high quality artist then please do it!

Also 2 notes on wrist tattoos:
    • realise that this MAY affect your job/future employment prospects as it's not easily covered
    • be prepared for a possible 'no' from a studio as it's your first tattoo and in such a visible place for the above reason

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

Yes and no. There's no telling if it will or not because everyone's different. Some people can shrink a 14mm hole, others can't. It's the same for any size really. Stretching should be regarded as a permanent mod so think before you do it, whether you'd be happy with holes in your ear possibly forever.

is 6mm the smallest you can get? im looking to get my earlobes done but i dont want big ones probably the smallest size..

If you want a tunnel/plug, then I think 6mm may be the smallest, but I could be wrong.
    For a standard lobe piercing, it's around 1.6mm smallest

If you want a tunnel/plug, then I think 6mm may be the smallest, but I could be wrong.
    For a standard lobe piercing, it's around 1.6mm smallest

yea id say thats all im looking for a standard lobe piercing. i had my ears pierced before but that was with a gun, my friend told me he paid 90e to get both ears done is that normal price yea? he was saying i could get my ears pierced noramlly with the needle and in a month or so just buy the lobe pieces and put them in myself, he said that would be cheaper??

I dunno what you mean by 'lobe pieces', but it wouldn't cost anywhere near that much for a normal lobe piercing.

• Advertisement

sorry i dont really know what im talking about, but i thought that was expensive myself! can you recommend somewhere in dublin to go to?

Advertisement