Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Thread - Got a question? Ask here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Best bet is to ring/call around the studios and ask :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 DiamondEyez

ok!
    thank you!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Hi a bit of a wierd question but does anyone know if there would be problems with the healing of a tattoo if it was done in an area prone to spots. Want to get one on my shoulder but used to have horrible bacne will this be a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

I'm thinking of getting my lower lip pierced, but I haven't a chance in hell of wearing it to work...so...

1. what is the best way to cover up a lip piercing?
    2. how long after a lip piercing can you wear transparent jewellery or something similar?
    3. How well does it work?

Cheers folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

1. what is the best way to cover up a lip piercing?
    2. how long after a lip piercing can you wear transparent jewellery or something similar?
    3. How well does it work?
    1. Unfortunately as your lips are smack in the middle of your face, there's not a lot you can do. A plaster is about your best bet.
    2. It takes at least 6-8 weeks before it is really safe to swap to a retainer. Any sooner and your not going to do your piercing any favours.
    3. With a clear retainer you can still see that there is a piercing there, it's just not AS noticable at a first glance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Is it normal for light scabbing to form after getting tattooed??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yep, perfectly normal. Just keep applying the cream and don't pick it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Quick one. Lost my eyebrow bar today. Didn't have time to go into wildcat today to get replacment will it close up by tomorrow afternoon. Note I have had the piercing for about 2 years.

Also do Wildcat in Stephens Green still open on Sundays

Thanks

Dunno, it depends on each person. You moght be ok though seeing as you've had it a couple of years. Just get a new bar asap or if you've any other curvbed barbells at home or whatever :)

Yeah, I'm thinking I might be ok. I might get the piercer to put it in aswell since they will have water based lube on site.

• Advertisement

Yup, always easier when the piercer does it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

So I wanna get new jewellery for my septum but I don't know what it's pierced at, I reckon it's 1.6 but is there any way of checking besides going into the piercer, I'm fierce lazy! :P

Do you have a set of calipers handy? :P If not compare it to other jewellery you have that's 1.6 or 1.2mm to give you an idea.

Went into Wildcat, got the new curved barbell put in, no problem.

Woo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Dublin to get this tattoo "The time we shared, it was precious to me" - i have seen some really good work and some really bad work , like squiggly lines i'm just worried the lines wont be straight, its a very important tattoo to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

lil_tuts wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somewhere in Dublin to get this tattoo "The time we shared, it was precious to me" - i have seen some really good work and some really bad work , like squiggly lines i'm just worried the lines wont be straight, its a very important tattoo to me

Rob in colorworks in Temple Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Question - my sister is looking into getting her inner lip tattooed.. I didn't even know people did this and have no idea where she would go or if it is a stupid crazy idea or not. Any thoughts/advice on studios/etc. very welcome!!

inner lip? ooh a tattoo, yeah can be done but will smudge and stuff, they're usually reserved for silly tattoos

Inner lip tattoos don't really last long and like Will said they smudge. I've only ever seen words tattooed there so don't be expecting to get anything detailed at all. Just basic shapes and letters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

She's thinking of getting a skull with heart eyes and a stitched mouth.. too much detail? She's never had a tatt.. but has a few piercings alright. I've never seen one done! I'd imagine it really is just a gimmicky thing to do and accept it won't be there for long, or at least hold up in any great shape! Cheers for answering guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

yes way too much detail as it'll be tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Hi folks,

Just looking for a bit of advice

Looking at getting one of the following done just wondering if you have any recommendations on wheres good to go for.

21814_200.gif

Rain+nagual.gif

Chac.jpg

Its my first tat and just a bit nervous as I want a good job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Check peoples online portfolios, go into shops yourself, check books and talk to artists

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055505603

Full thread of online portfolios

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Check peoples online portfolios, go into shops yourself, check books and talk to artists

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055505603

Full thread of online portfolios

Thanks Raze them all,

I saw that thread a while back and couldnt remeber where!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I've been thinking of getting a tattoo for years but I have a problem with fainting whenever a needle breaks my skin. So I was wondering if a tattoo artist would continue doing the tattoo if I passed out. I know on Miami Ink they stopped and gave a woman a drink before they carried on. I am kinda counting on fainting to get through it

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

I've been thinking of getting a tattoo for years but I have a problem with fainting whenever a needle breaks my skin. So I was wondering if a tattoo artist would continue doing the tattoo if I passed out. I know on Miami Ink they stopped and gave a woman a drink before they carried on. I am kinda counting on fainting to get through it

Do you mean you tend to faint when giving blood and things like that?

Well, I'm the same, when a hypodermic breaks my skin I'm freaked.
    But getting a tattoo feels completely different. Yeah, it's loads of tiny needles breaking your skin, but it's going so fast it doesn't feel like that. Yes it's painful, but it's not the same sensation as getting an injection/giving blood etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Well I fainted when I got my ears pierced years ago. I fainted when the first one went in and my aunt told the woman doing to do the other one while I was out. I also fainted after all the MMR vaccinations and thinhs like that when I was in primary school. Also I fainted when I got blood taken and it took about an hour for me to come around, the doc had to push back her appointments.

I am thinking of getting the tattoo on the left hand side of my upper back so i want to know if I will be lying down for it or will I be sitting would you know?

I don't think any tattoo artist would be comfortable tattooing someone while they are out cold. Why don't you go talk to one, explain your dilemma and see what they say?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I currently have my ears stretched to 6mm and I might go bigger I just have two questions I had my ear pierced when I was younger and then took it out let it heal up and many years later got my ears pierced again then stretched them just wondering if I go bigger the stretch will include the hole that was there since the first time I was wondering will this affect the strecth as the hole is still there, and my second question is what is the point of no return that the stretched ears wont go back to normal I read places that it was 6mm just want to know is this correct? thanks!

Advertisement