Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Thread - Got a question? Ask here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

ro09 wrote: »
    Dont want to offend anyone but I cant stand tattoos, its real show offy, You cant donate blood either if you have one.
    I hope you've a crap car, not label clothes and etc as they are show offy too.

You can donate blood and I have done it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Hey all,

I got a new tattoo on Friday and it has entered the itchy stage. I am driven demented with it and am afraid to go sleep in case I start scratching in my sleeping. Does anyone have any advice on how to ease the itching? None of my other tattoos were as big as this so it wasn't a problem before!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

a good slap?
    bepanthen, quick shower

go to sleep and worry about it when you wake up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Keep it well moisturised, and if it still gets itchy, give it a light MIGHTY slap! :D
    It sounds crazy, but it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Not helping at the mo. I'll just keep slapping!!! Slathered on the Bepanthen too. Might try an antihistimine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Evening,

Quick question..I'm thinking of getting a new tattoo and not great with pain.

I was going to get it on my hip,just on the fleshy part inside the bone,almost at the end of my tummy(this explanation is taking too long:rolleyes:)

Question therefore is this a painful spot?

Lb

apparently yes it is

ergonomics wrote: »
    Not helping at the mo. I'll just keep slapping!!! Slathered on the Bepanthen too. Might try an antihistimine!
    Scratch around it, eventually you'll get itchy somewhere else and forget bout it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Evening,

Quick question..I'm thinking of getting a new tattoo and not great with pain.

I was going to get it on my hip,just on the fleshy part inside the bone,almost at the end of my tummy(this explanation is taking too long:rolleyes:)

Question therefore is this a painful spot?

Lb
    tbh, either way, it will hurt, thus is the nature of needles. just remember, the first bit will be the hardest then after that, the adrenaline kicks in and you should be fine. its more an uncomfortable pain that anything. just relax, put your mind somewhere else, get a bottle of water/lucozade or whatever, some choclate, and your sorted :)

Thanks guys..my brother was telling me it wouldn't be too bad pain wise but he has quite a few tats,think he's gone beyond the pain at this stage:)

LB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Well each persons pain threshold is different. Maybe he really didn't feel it too much, or maybe he's just trying to man up! ;)

And generally womens pain thresholds are higher than mens.

If you want it, do it. Its only temporary and all in your head.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Thanks guys..my brother was telling me it wouldn't be too bad pain wise but he has quite a few tats,think he's gone beyond the pain at this stage:)

LB
    im a quite skinny guy and the lowest pain threshold ever and managed to go through 4/5 now fine :) just remember the pain goes away and you are left with a wonderful piece of art you will always remember

Thanks LD 50,Splinter...you could very well be right,he might just 'manning up'

I really really want to get it done...next issue is I want a tattoo of a ladybird (as per the name:)) just not sure if that's quite the best place for it hehehehe

Freakishly addictive this body art..like pringles;)

LB

Once you pop, you just cant stop.

I've yet to pop though. Or do you get popped?

/nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 metoyou

as the title gives it away! there was a tattoo place opposite dorans, it was above the rocker shop in temple bar square, but when i got my last tattoo it had moved to the quays beside Bondi nightclub.
    Anyone know the name of it?? everytime im in town i keep forgetting to check the name of it!!
    Just seeing if anyone knows it, want to look it up on website, or ring about a new tattoo! treat myself!... again!
    thanks.

Metal Morphesis?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Zulu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

LD 50 wrote: »
    Metal Morphesis?

That was the piercing place below
    hunter164 wrote: »
    Zulu

It was Zulu in Temple Bar, the one on the quays is now Zulu 2.

The new one across from Dorans is "Connected Ink"

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lissacahaluke

Hey guys one more thing about my eyebrow.
    I was talking to my mate about his and he said that he had permission from his parents, but had no proof that he was 16 for tattoo zoo that day so he didint get it done there so he went to bazzers (I know its a barber) and he was in the same situation as I am now so will I just go to bazzers.:rolleyes:
    Now please dont say I should wait until im older aswell lol.

LD 50 wrote: »
    Once you pop, you just cant stop.

I've yet to pop though. Or do you get popped?

/nonsense

hehehe..presume you get popped:D

• Advertisement

Hey guys one more thing about my eyebrow.
    I was talking to my mate about his and he said that he had permission from his parents, but had no proof that he was 16 for tattoo zoo that day so he didint get it done there so he went to bazzers (I know its a barber) and he was in the same situation as I am now so will I just go to bazzers.:rolleyes:
    Now please dont say I should wait until im older aswell lol.

Why look for advice if you are going to totally ignore it?
    Why do you think its a good idea to get pierced in a barber?
    Would you buy meat from a clothes shop? No, because they have no way of hygienically dealing with ot!

So I'm asking you now nicely to use your head and get pierced by the place that has the knowledge, equipment, training and hygiene measures in place to deal with piercing people.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ismhunter

Just like it says.
    Im getting a tat (my first ) next week and im thinking that id also like to get another smaller one at the same time. Twould be a cheeky one of my wife's name aprostophe s on the front of my sack . I know twill be sore but will it be much sorer? and am i right to assume my tattooist will do it for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lissacahaluke

Yaya ok i spose your right sorry about that post.
    Sorry again about that I know you want to stop that sort of thing on boards
    Why look for advice if you are going to totally ignore it?
    Why do you think its a good idea to get pierced in a barber?
    Would you buy meat from a clothes shop? No, because they have no way of hygienically dealing with ot!

So I'm asking you now nicely to use your head and get pierced by the place that has the knowledge, equipment, training and hygiene measures in place to deal with piercing people.

Yaya ok i spose your right sorry about that post.
    Sorry again about that I know you want to stop that sort of thing on boards

It's not that we want to stop "that sort of thing", we just want people to get pierced/tattooed somewhere that is going to do it properly, so that they will have the best possible experience, and that their piercing/tattoo will turn out well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Ismhunter wrote: »
    Just like it says.
    Im getting a tat (my first ) next week and im thinking that id also like to get another smaller one at the same time. Twould be a cheeky one of my wife's name aprostophe s on the front of my sack . I know twill be sore but will it be much sorer? and am i right to assume my tattooist will do it for me?

Just one question:

Are you MAD?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Just one question:

Are you MAD?? :eek:
    About his wife :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ismhunter

hunter164 wrote: »
    About his wife :D

oh yeah.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 metoyou

Sofaspud wrote: »
    That was the piercing place below

It was Zulu in Temple Bar, the one on the quays is now Zulu 2.

The new one across from Dorans is "Connected Ink"

thanks guys.. it must have been the new zulu.. thanks.. sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

About Stigmata-tau, in Swords.Do they have a resident piercer? And if so, how much for a labret, tongue and naval piercing? Seperately obviously not added up :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 starie

I think it's 6 months rather than 4, but you are right.

they changed it to 4 recently, i was surprised actually! some of their criteria has become less strict

:)

Advertisement