Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criteria for reporting posts??

Options
  • 08-03-2009 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this should be in help desk, I really didnt know.

Is there any criteria set out telling what type of post to report?

Also, if we have suspicions about the user, is there anyway we can report them? For example this guy posted in politics, he joined in the last week has only 2 posts, the post I saw was a bit stupid and his use of text formatting gave the impression that he wasnt new to the whole experience.

Finally, anyway to report a thread if it is completely derailed/off-topic???
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

turgon wrote: »
    Sorry if this should be in help desk, I really didnt know.

Is there any criteria set out telling what type of post to report?
    If in doubt then there's no harm in reporting and giving an outline of your suspicions. Don't go mad reporting every little thing on the site though. :)
    Also, if we have suspicions about the user, is there anyway we can report them? For example this guy posted in politics, he joined in the last week has only 2 posts, the post I saw was a bit stupid and his use of text formatting gave the impression that he wasnt new to the whole experience.
    You can't specifically report a user, but reporting a post of theirs will grab the mods attention. If they have suspicions that he's a re-reg, they have tools to verify it.
    Finally, anyway to report a thread if it is completely derailed/off-topic???
    Just report any post in the thread and say that's why you are doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Feel free to report any post that you think warrants moderator attention.
    Moderators don't have time to read every single post in their forums so it's helpful when a post is flagged for review.

We might not always get why you reported it unless you've put a fairly coherent explanation in the report field.
    Also we might decide that the post is not as offensive/wrong/whatever and might not take action on it.
    If you haven't seen action then you can always PM the mods and ask about the post. You should then get some response.

Advertisement