Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new boyne bridge

Options
  • 08-03-2009 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

can anyone tell me the official name of the new boyne bridge on the m1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭positron

Is there one? Is it not just 'Boyne Bridge' or 'Boyne River Bridge'?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyne_River_Bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

thanks for the reply i did indeed google and wilkipedia it with no luck but somewhere in the back of my mind i though it was officially called the peace bridge or something like that to do with the pope visiting that spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

It's called the Boyne Cable Bridge, anything else is incorrect.

yes famous45 thats the only new bridge that i am aware of ,,Boyne Cable B ridge,,i will trust your word,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 starsat

the peace bridge is the old bridge in drogheda itself on the old n1. think boyne cable bridge is right...

• Advertisement

we will say no more,the picture is clear now,thanks for all the replys,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭event

starsat wrote: »
    the peace bridge is the old bridge in drogheda itself on the old n1. think boyne cable bridge is right...

yeah, thats the one over the boyne in drogheda itself, beside the public toilets and the streets to mell and narrow west street

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

starsat wrote: »

was that not also known as the "new bridge" ?!! ....when it was new! The "old bridge" being the one down by Scotch Hall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

sudzs wrote: »
    The "old bridge" being the one down by Scotch Hall!

The old old bridge is St. Mary's Bridge as far as I know or at least it was before they rebuilt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HighMan

The bridges in Drogheda are: The Viaduct, The Hugh DeLacey Bridge (pedestrian), St. Mary's Bridge, St. Dominic's Bridge (pedestrian), The Bridge of Peace, The Boyne Cable Bridge, and then finally The Obelisk Bridge at Oldbridge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement