Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sluice Weir Sunday 8th March

• 08-03-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Went walkabout in Lucan today and came accross these guys at Sluice Weir. Sun was not in a great position but anyways...

3338233689_5960a08d19_o.jpg

3338247277_8ffd7818e2_o.jpg

3338229929_6642ecd6e7_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

nice action shots. thanks.

if i could be critical :

could you have used a faster shutter speed to get the "droplet" effect ?

would have been nice to get the expression on the kayakers' faces - but from your shooting position that may have been difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dragon_lordMTB

Thanks for the feedback. My shooting position was not ideal as I only had my 17-85 with me so needed to be close to the action. I've done some PP at home and sharpened some of the shots and they look much better. Will post when I get a chance. The rest of the pics are up on flickr with no PP.

Cheers,

Clive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

cool. its even better if you can link to your flickr in your post (either in the photo urls themselves , or by adding a flickr signature like mine ) - i'm sure its stickied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Sun was not in a great position but anyways...
    Nice shots Dragon. The sun is never in a good place for here! I play at sluice most weekend and it's always tough to get a good photo as it's so bright with the foampile yet the walls, forrest etc are so dark. Good shots though. If you go further up river with a longer lens you can get nice close shots of the paddlers as Silverside mentioned. I've popped one in below
    silverside wrote: »
    would have been nice to get the expression on the kayakers' faces - but from your shooting position that may have been difficult.

Great facial expressions eh :D

Kayaking_varsities_2009_10.jpg

Theirs plenty of more shots on my blog that might give you more ideas of where to shoot from next time you're there :)

If the waters low enough it's great to shoot from the island on the other side of where you were shooting. If you're adventourus enough to walk across the weir that is.

**if you don't know water too much don't attempt this as in very high water the weir can form a nasty stopped below!!**

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dragon_lordMTB

Thanks for the tips.
    with a longer lens
    Just the excuse I needed to go and get a nice zoom lens. 70-200 L F2.8 here I come...once I sell that kidney.:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement