Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wardrobe door options

• 08-03-2009 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭

I'm building a small fitted wardrobe at home at the moment and I was just wondering what sort of door alternatives to choose from. I was thinking about getting a sliding door, the width of the wardrobe is approx 1m. Has anybody any suggestions about where to get the sliding mechanisms? any other alternatives I should consider?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

start with these quys
    http://www.pchenderson.com/

also look in B+Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

thanks for the reply, ill hit b&q a the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Ideo wrote: »
    thanks for the reply, ill hit b&q a the weekend!

see here as well
    http://www.profast.ie/ courtesy of another poster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 polli

Hi All,

Speaking of Sliding doors, I am looking to get Sliding wardrobes in my Bedroom,I have read lots about all the different companies out there ( both good and bad ) I have done abit of work myself but need opinions. I have been saving for a long while to do this and want it done to last. I got a brochure from a company in churchtown called Skon and am well impressed with their look. I got a quote and with their "20% rececession buster" they come in very reasonable. My question.. Has anyone used these guys or know about them. I am swaying towards them but i guess i am just looking for piece of mind before i commit to anything..............

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Brodick

Hi Did you use SKON? If so how did you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Raven_k42

...while we're on the subject of sliding doors...I had been looking at Sliderobes...and other similar offerings. Ended up getting unit from Ikea...and got a kitchen-fitter to install. Seriously good stuff...and miles cheaper. They do two heights...and the larger is basically standard floor to ceiling height. Anyway, very please with them...and no hesitation in recommending. They do need to be fitted properly - makes a serious difference.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭golfbgud

Bought 3 x 30" sliding doors off Woodies this week - reduced to half price.

Grab yourselves a bargain!

Advertisement