Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses and parade route on Paddy's Day

Options
  • 08-03-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

Just asking for a bit of help, hopefully this is the place for it.

I began my work placement two months ago and I'm living in Lucan. Whenever I need to get a bus into the city centre I take the 25A and get off at O'Connell Bridge. Next week I'm thinking of going to the club All-Ireland finals in Croke Park. However, between St. Patrick's Day being a public holiday and the parade going through the city, I have two questions I need answers to:
    1) How far into the city centre will the 25A go on Paddy's Day?
    2) Is the parade going along O'Connell Street (a rough indication of the time would also be useful if you know it)?

These probably seem like stupid questions but as someone who's only been living in Dublin for a few weeks I was hoping if anyone would know. :o

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

its not a stupid question at all. If you get caught on the wrong side of the parade, it can be serious work to get on the other side of the road, untill the parade passes.

However, it should not bother you too much.

I "Guess"... , the lucan bus will go most of the way up the quays, probably turning at Caple st Bridge.

If the parade is still on, I would just walk up Caple st, all the way to the end, and right up Dorset st all the way, to Quinns Pub or there abouts, actually, all the way up , until you see the stadium. (or right at Quinns pub )

I'm not sure of the parade route, used to start/or stop around parnell square.

So for a guaranteed route, I'd go the longer way around Dorset st. Only probaloby an extra 10 mins walk.

Advertisement