Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AVI Codec errors

• 08-03-2009 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

My Xbox has decided to stop playing avis even ones I have already watched getting error 69-c00d36be .... any ideas on how this changed ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

This is also of interest to me. Up until recently I've been using the media player media sharing to the 360, then it just decides to give the error in the OP, had to switch over to another program to do it.

The media player sharing works fine on my laptop though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I found an article on XBLive forums that advises to delete the optional media update from the system and reinstall. I tried that and it didnt work after it advises to install the codec when playing avis again. This might be worth a call to MS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭p2kone

check under the folders security settings in windows explorer that the "system" account has permission on the folder.

Are you having this issue with all AVIs or just one particular file?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

bennyc wrote: »
    I found an article on XBLive forums that advises to delete the optional media update from the system and reinstall. I tried that and it didnt work after it advises to install the codec when playing avis again. This might be worth a call to MS.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055451907

Been havin this problem for awhile now, i thought it was cos i was usin my old 20 gig hdd in my new elite but obviously its not just me

I had seen that article and had been doing it every time i wanted to watch an avi but then realised i just needed to be signed into xbox live to start the file then i could just disconnect the cable and the file plays all the way through

Bloody annoying until i find someone to borrow the hdd transfer cable off of or get one from microshaft :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

DingDong wrote: »

Not sure tbh, the update for playin avi/mpeg etc is actually sitting on the hdd it just seems the player doesnt pick it up unless signed in to xbox live. I was deleting it and downloading a fresh copy each time and if i tried/try to play another avi after disconnecting from live, i had to sign in again :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I think someone on boards had your problem before and this fixed maybe I'm wrong. You could also try opening a new live account just for playing avi's AFAIK that fixes the problem too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

spend a bit of time here and you shold get sorted
    hopw so anyway

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whssoftware/thread/77821309-f0fd-429f-8e46-5a8953ead406/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

You have to be connected to live. All to do with MS gathering info on people for the CIA!! lol
    The same way WMP wants to send MS all the info on your MP3's etc.

Big brother is watching.

• Advertisement
Advertisement