Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remember you are different

Options
  • 08-03-2009 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

years ago.........not too far...Irish people were disrespected all over the world..we are behaving like its our turn to make fun of other people when we did not like it when we were being made fun of....In America today, at this 0 hour there are over 5 million illegal irish immigrants(undocumented as we like to refer to them) hopeless and helpless and waiting for some sort of miracle to occur for them finally have a life live legally in America...The general concensus about irish people(forget the highly placed people like clinton,reagan etc who claim irish ancestry because they do not want to be associated with the British oppression of the US)is that they are lazy and drunkards,Just because we had 15 years of (so called prosperity ) does not give us the right to look down on others,as it stands today and maybe in the nearest future,we just a little better in economic terms than a lot of 3rd world countries.If the US(too much) or the Uk stopped development in all spheres today and we are growing at 10% .it would take us over 30 years to get to where they are today.Learn from the mistakes of others and dont repeat their errors.Name-calling ,racism would get us nowhere.We are well noted as a country we are so eager to claim sucessful people where ever they are from....how dare Ireland claim Obama when his own fathers country people are practically looked down upon today in this country.Remember we were known as potato pickers..today we are known as the celtic tiger.........tomorrow...........we dont know!!!!!!!

Comments

Remember you are different? yes, because you have failed to describe me or most Irish people I know. Different from your very general view of Ireland.

I fail to see the point of your post, TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,841 ✭✭✭SeanW

Cheese with that whine, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Word to the wise OP - don't post while you're drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

procure11 wrote: »
    years ago.........not too far...Irish people were disrespected all over the world..we are behaving like its our turn to make fun of other people when we did not like it when we were being made fun of....In America today, at this 0 hour there are over 5 million illegal irish immigrants(undocumented as we like to refer to them) hopeless and helpless and waiting for some sort of miracle to occur for them finally have a life live legally in America...The general concensus about irish people(forget the highly placed people like clinton,reagan etc who claim irish ancestry because they do not want to be associated with the British oppression of the US)is that they are lazy and drunkards,Just because we had 15 years of (so called prosperity ) does not give us the right to look down on others,as it stands today and maybe in the nearest future,we just a little better in economic terms than a lot of 3rd world countries.If the US(too much) or the Uk stopped development in all spheres today and we are growing at 10% .it would take us over 30 years to get to where they are today.Learn from the mistakes of others and dont repeat their errors.Name-calling ,racism would get us nowhere.We are well noted as a country we are so eager to claim sucessful people where ever they are from....how dare Ireland claim Obama when his own fathers country people are practically looked down upon today in this country.Remember we were known as potato pickers..today we are known as the celtic tiger.........tomorrow...........we dont know!!!!!!!

there aren't 5million Irish in Ireland, I doubt there are 5 million illegal Irish in the US..

Alessandra wrote: »
    there aren't 5million Irish in Ireland, I doubt there are 5 million illegal Irish in the US..

Maybe they're illegally irish... :D

I'd say there are maybe (at a stretch) 50K Irish in the US without Visa's.. It used to be a common enough practice, but lets face it there are better places to go for work/party than the US these days..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hmm. Well, on the basis that there seems to be a general consensus that this thread is essentially content-free, I'm going to close it. If the OP would like to tidy up the post and start a thread on "changing attitudes to the Irish" or something, he/she is welcome to do so. If anyone feels strongly the thread should be left open, let me know.

terminally,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement