Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scoring friends - normal?

• 09-03-2009 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My new boyfriend is from a close knit part of Dublin where he grew up with his gang of mates, boys and girls. He obviously has a few exes around the village, but it seems he has scored nearly all of his girl mates at some point, and so have most of his male friends. He doesn't seem to think scoring someone means anything. Is this normal? I mean, I've only ever scored people I've fancied, people I've met in a club or gone on a date with. I've never scored a friend and just carried on being friends. I know it's only kissing but to me it's quite sexual. Am I being old fashioned?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

It's normal for teenagers to do it and remain friends. After that however, it's just stupid to snog your friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭nevershutsup

i think its totally normal .. you say at one point or another mainly meaning when he was younger... if it such a close knit group of friends im not suprised they are all still friends... i scored a lot of the guys in my huge group of friends when i was younger ... im stil friends with quite a lot of them i wouldn't lose a friendship over some kiss...a kiss means a lot more to me now than it did when i was 15 im not much older... i wouldnt put any worry on it... for one hes with you not them and theres a reason he never had relationships with most of them... hes mates with them that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

if scoring in this case refers to just kissing then i really wouldn't worry about it too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If you trust him you'll be fine.

I have a long long history with scoring allot of my women friends (kissing and worse) and my ex-girlfriend at the time had a problem with it at first, since almost every girl I hung around with, I had gotten with which make her uncomfortable. She didn't understand it at first but once our relationship grew she trusted me and learned I only ever did it for the laugh most times. Being young and stupid an all. Nearly 21 now and I'd like to think Iv come along way since then, But I wouldn't change it for the world. His ex's wont stay around forever, Friends don't always stay friends, and so is life.

Just roll with it, Have fun, and learn to trust him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭tannytantans

It's pretty normal tbh. I've scored most of my male friends (many years ago we were in 1st/2nd year college) It was always only a bit of a laugh and we always remained friends after. I know this is the case with many people so I wouldn't worry about it

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

yeah, i "scored" all my mates, and in turn they scored everyone else

its what happens in a little town with a small gene pool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Scoring wrote: »
    I know it's only kissing but to me it's quite sexual. Am I being old fashioned?

I'm the same as you, would only kiss someone I was really interested in, I can count the number of guys I've actually kissed in my life.
    I dated a guy from a smallish town in Meath and he had kissed most of his female friends. He was showing me photos and there was one of him & his bestfriend kissing, I kinda looked at him and he said 'ah sure it's only X' (and genuinely meant it - there's never been anything between them). I found it odd, but seems it was fairly normal there that most of them had kissed each other at some stage.
    I wouldn't worry about it - he's dating you and that's that :)

OK so it seems to be normal then. I have to say I find it all very odd! I kissed a guy I was friends with when I was a teenager and it was all extremely awkward afterwards, hurt feelings etc. I couldn't imagine kissing a mate and carrying on as normal. Or sitting in a pub where I'd kissed nearly all the guys in there. Way too small town for me! ah well...

Im a guy and I have never kissed any girl in my group of friends but nearly everyone in the group have scored each other at some point...but then again im a picky f*cker and can count on my 2 hands the amount of women I have kissed in my life. I just dont fancy any of them and would find it strange to kiss a friend. I have other friends outside the group who have done the same in their circle of friends. Although I find it strange and wouldnt do it unless I really fancied someone it seems as though its a pretty common thing OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Think I kissed every girl I hung around with when I was 15 or 16! That's what kids do. It's not a big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I am in my late 20's and I have kissed or slept with maybe 40 or 50 percent of my longterm female friends.

LOL

I've scored or done more with a lot of the girls I'd be mates with. That's what happens when you're a horny teenager. In fact I'd forgotten about scoring half of them till I read this thread, that's how little it meant.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. Loosen up and relax. He's with you now, not them. Just trust him and let things flow.

Advertisement