Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good places in Cork City to bring a "Lady Friend"?

Options
  • 09-03-2009 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

I come to my fellow cork boarders in my hour of need: are there any really good places in the City for taking that special someone...besides the cinema??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Bowling, Pool, Dinner, Paintballing, Go-Karting, Hotel room,

Your not very imaginative are you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

the bru 14 euro a bed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

^ I'd bet money ye were single. Almost all of mr dazzled suggestions sound good to me. My last boyfriend took me to dinner then pool, a few drinks and a long walk on thequays on our first date! Fun fun fun! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

CommieBaz wrote: »
    I come to my fellow cork boarders in my hour of need: are there any really good places in the City for taking that special someone...besides the cinema??

i could tell you but then i'd have to kill you :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

Might sound kinda lame, but a driving range. Went there on a second date of sorts, can be fun (eps if ye're both ****e). Makes for easy conversation and can be followed up by a walk and quiet drinks (get outside the city and the walk can be walking to the nearest pub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Bowling, Pool, Dinner, Paintballing, Go-Karting, Hotel room,

Your not very imaginative are you:D

Oh don't get me wrong my man, I'm choc full of ideas, it's just that I don't have a clue where any paintballing/go-karting areas in the Cork City area would be! But I thank you for those suggestions! :D

Also thanks for suggesting the driving range, Cable! Would've never thought of that...

Vinta....betting money on poor innocent board members is just wrong! But it is good to get a lady's perspective on this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Bring her to a bookies,give her a tenner and tell her she can keep her winnings... Bet no-one has ever thought of that one before!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Why not cook her a nice meal in your own home and follow it up with a few dvds or decent conversation?

They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach so this way you can make your stomach happy and hopefully impress her with your culinary skills.

Have your meal, candles, wine, a really nice chocolaty dessert....nyom nyom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

Vinta either my idea was bad or your psychic! ya i am single but only recently. i made lots of those comments to my ex before we broke up now i come to think of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Bring her to a bookies,give her a tenner and tell her she can keep her winnings... Bet no-one has ever thought of that one before!

Also not a bad fecking idea. A night at the dog tracks, limit yourself to a tenner in total to spend on bets. Then you have social atmosphere, drinks and some competition between ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Robin_Blinds

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

cork1 wrote: »
    Vinta either my idea was bad or your psychic! ya i am single but only recently. i made lots of those comments to my ex before we broke up now i come to think of it!

Tell the truth, she found out you have to sign the sex Offenders Register.

(I'm allowed to mock him, I know him, and it's true.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 PolishPete

:confused: with the family of booze hoods that chill there?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kork Boy

What is she into? My last gf used to enjoy going to the theatre but that might not be everyone's cup of tea, is she into more relaxing events or exciting?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I agree with Kork Boy - the theatre - most women I know love a night at the theatre. And there are some deals i.e. dinner/theatre night at the Everyman, call box office or check website www.everymanpalace.com.

Or a night of comedy at City Limits (Coburg Street) we all need a good laugh these days. J

^ wicked ! I've been wondering about comedy clubs in Cork! Dinner and a comedy show fab<3

(I'm allowed to mock him, I know him, and it's true.)

Not knowing someone has never stopped me mocking them :D especially a boardsie :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Cool_CM wrote: »

haha...kudos to you for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

kingtut wrote: »
    They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach so this way you can make your stomach happy and hopefully impress her with your culinary skills.

You assume the OP is a man ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

He sure does...
    Maybe his sig is a bit of a give away...

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

mik_da_man wrote: »
    He sure does...

Ah, but how does he know that's me? ;)

your "lady friend" told me

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Fair point :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

K, here goes..

Take her to the Triskel Arts centre, theres always always something good going on there. Take her to an early exhibition/play.. or something.

Then, step out the back of the Triskel straight into Long Island, the sexiest bar in Cork, with the absolute best cocktails, get her a strawberry mojito ;)

Then walk down grand parade, down the south mall (it'll be gorgeus, don't worry, its a lovely part of the city). You're heading towards the Boardwalk, an absolutely perfect restaurant for a date; relaxed, friendly, but professional, tasty and they have live cocktail lounge piano playing every weekend night. Then when yer finished dinner, walk her down by the coffee pod (outside the Clarion) right on the quays, and, well, just chill..;)

And if the mood strikes, yer surrounded by hotels..:p:p:p

K, here goes..

Take her to the Triskel Arts centre, theres always always something good going on there. Take her to an early exhibition/play.. or something.

Then, step out the back of the Triskel straight into Long Island, the sexiest bar in Cork, with the absolute best cocktails, get her a strawberry mojito ;)

Then walk down grand parade, down the south mall (it'll be gorgeus, don't worry, its a lovely part of the city). You're heading towards the Boardwalk, an absolutely perfect restaurant for a date; relaxed, friendly, but professional, tasty and they have live cocktail lounge piano playing every weekend night. Then when yer finished dinner, walk her down by the coffee pod (outside the Clarion) right on the quays, and, well, just chill..;)

And if the mood strikes, yer surrounded by hotels..:p:p:p

I really want to go on a date now hmph!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I wonder where the old romanticism has gone...isn't a dinner together and a stroll (and maybe a pint in a cozy place) enough for you young people?
    Darn... :rolleyes:

I've found Cork isn't the best place for Romantics lol. All my boyfriends or guys I went out with were never from Cork!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

mik_da_man wrote: »
    He sure does...

I should probably just go into the corner now.

Advertisement