Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good places in Cork City to bring a "Lady Friend"?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

http://www.bco.ie/about.html

I think this is a lovely idea, and would love to go there myself!!!
    There's a restaurant there too afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

K, here goes..

Take her to the Triskel Arts centre, theres always always something good going on there. Take her to an early exhibition/play.. or something.

Then, step out the back of the Triskel straight into Long Island, the sexiest bar in Cork, with the absolute best cocktails, get her a strawberry mojito ;)

Then walk down grand parade, down the south mall (it'll be gorgeus, don't worry, its a lovely part of the city). You're heading towards the Boardwalk, an absolutely perfect restaurant for a date; relaxed, friendly, but professional, tasty and they have live cocktail lounge piano playing every weekend night. Then when yer finished dinner, walk her down by the coffee pod (outside the Clarion) right on the quays, and, well, just chill..;)

And if the mood strikes, yer surrounded by hotels..:p:p:p

Very precise....thank you! :D Wait a minute, you wouldn't happen to be the girl I'm actually going on the date with, trying to drop a hint?? :eek:
    I wonder where the old romanticism has gone...isn't a dinner together and a stroll (and maybe a pint in a cozy place) enough for you young people?
    Darn... :rolleyes:

Not for today's high-maintainance girls! ;)
    turgon wrote: »
    I should probably just go into the corner now.

Ah there's no reason for that, especially since I changed my sig!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Nice Sig :)

Why thank you, I thought it summed up Boards perfectly!;)

That, and it was a better sig than a pic of me doing one of my creepier smiles...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

As a girl I wont go out with a man that needs more than a dinner and a stroll to make me feel "woah". (ehm...obviously there could be something more involved but...I am a shy lady and won't say about that)
    And if was a boy I woudn't go even near a so called "high maintenance" stuff.

I am old fashion like that.
    LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I get what you mena Tire, but there is really nothing to do in Cork for dates :( Me and the ex, found that - we used to go on road trips a lot, ended up at that pet sanctuary place near Killarny once, such a fun day out :(

Vinta81 wrote: »
    I get what you mena Tire, but there is really nothing to do in Cork for dates :( Me and the ex, found that - we used to go on road trips a lot, ended up at that pet sanctuary place near Killarny once, such a fun day out :(

Uh...yep, that's different..if you are together for a while it's nice to try new stuff and it's a bit frustrating not to have so much choice...I was more taliking about first date(s)....
    I love road trips whitout knowing where you are going, thou ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Uh...yep, that's different..if you are together for a while it's nice to try new stuff and it's a bit frustrating not to have so much choice...I was more taliking about first date(s)....
    I love road trips whitout knowing where you are going, thou ^_^

mhmm first dates in Cork aren't great :( It seems dinner/cinema is the staple date for it, which lacks originality. I'm not asking for the sun, moon and stars but something different :(

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Cool_CM wrote: »

Classic . That brings to mind that Alan Partridge episode with the owl sanctuary .

Just wanna say thanks to everyone who suggested some ideas!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kork Boy

CommieBaz wrote: »
    Just wanna say thanks to everyone who suggested some ideas!:cool:

Have you had the date yet or are you still making your mind up about venues :D?

Kork Boy wrote: »
    Have you had the date yet or are you still making your mind up about venues :D?

It's tonight actually...hope ya don't mind if I keep the venue and time to myself! :D I hear that voyeurism is a guilty pleasure among a few of the boards members around here...:eek:

U go boy!
    Have a good evening ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

CommieBaz wrote: »
    It's tonight actually...hope ya don't mind if I keep the venue and time to myself! :D I hear that voyeurism is a guilty pleasure among a few of the boards members around here...:eek:

Dammit

*puts away spy gear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

So how did last night CommieBaz? You looked like you were having fun anyway and you were certainly dressed to impress :) fair play!

How is it possible that you always know something, Kingtut? :D

kingtut wrote: »
    So how did last night CommieBaz? You looked like you were having fun anyway and you were certainly dressed to impress :) fair play!

I had no idea you were so....omnipresent! :eek:
    How is it possible that you always know something, Kingtut? :D

My thoughts exactly!

Anyway, I can't give all the details right now (I only have a limited amount of time on the net today) but suffice to say it was a brilliant night, with a bit of a bittersweet ending. If ye really wanna know, I might type up the night's proceedings tomorrow.

Advertisement