Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress e-commerce

Options
  • 09-03-2009 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

I'm looking to set up an ecommerce site and I have been looking at dedicated open source products like Zen cart and oscommerce. However, I've just stumbled upon word press and their ecommerce plugin.
    Does anyone have any experience of this?
    Can anyone recommend it or are there any complaints about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I recommend Zen Cart. It is very powerful and is designed for e-commerce, unlike Wordpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Hi Danny,

You would recommend zen over os commerce?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Hi Danny,

You would recommend zen over os commerce?
    I am going to assume that this question is for me (Danny <-> daymobrew).

I would definitely recommend Zen Cart over osCommerce. Look at the list of features on the right of the Zen Cart front page. And read about Zen Cart on Wikipedia.
    Essentially it is osCommerce with a lot of extras as standard. For me the biggest extra is the template system so you don't have to hack the core files (like you have to for osCommerce).

Advertisement