Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone au/meteor ireland.

Options
  • 09-03-2009 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

hi all. Can anyone confirm if this is true. When i got here about 4 weeks ago i picked up a vodafone sim card because of the 150 quid credit for 30. whilst i have recieved texts from home i heard that some family and friends on the meteor network are having probs texting me. My dad popped in to a meteor shop at home to ask why he couldn't get through and the guy said to tell your son to get a optus sim as there is problems with meteor and vodafone au. It makes sense from this end as i have as the texts i have recieved have been from o2 and vodafone irl. Can anyone confirm this. I fine it hard to believe. Apologies if this post is untidy as i'm using a mobile device and it sucks. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭m*pp*t

hi all. Can anyone confirm if this is true. When i got here about 4 weeks ago i picked up a vodafone sim card because of the 150 quid credit for 30. whilst i have recieved texts from home i heard that some family and friends on the meteor network are having probs texting me. My dad popped in to a meteor shop at home to ask why he couldn't get through and the guy said to tell your son to get a optus sim as there is problems with meteor and vodafone au. It makes sense from this end as i have as the texts i have recieved have been from o2 and vodafone irl. Can anyone confirm this. I fine it hard to believe. Apologies if this post is untidy as i'm using a mobile device and it sucks. Cheers

I'm on vodafone au and I've definitely received texts from meteor numbers at home - not that many cos my family don't seem to care that I'm gone...*sniff* - but I haven't heard of any of their texts not coming through to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

This kind of problem was more common about 3-5 years ago. Certainly shouldn't be happening now I wouldn't have thought. Get your family on to Meteor for a proper explanation. ''There are problems with VF AU'' is ridiculous. I remember something like this with Verizon in the states and it was resolved. Can't remember that exact nature of the problem though but someone in Meteor should!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

years ago Meteor told me they don't have an agreement of some sort with vodafone au meaning that there was no obligation or network on either part to connect the messages. Apologies, it was a number of years ago and I can't remember exactly what they said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Moral of the story: Meteor are rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

i used to work for the meteor call centre and this doesnt surprise me one bit. basically some texts will come through and some wont, they give you the bogus explanation that it's due to vodafone because they dont know how to fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

thanks for the replies. My room mates here vary. Some have no prob at all. One says its on off. But i'm the only one with zero connection. I was meteor at home. Didn't get my phone unblocked. Just stuck the sim in. I wonder if that has anythin to do with it.?

Advertisement