Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem recognising disks- Sony Bluray ROM

Options
  • 09-03-2009 9:39am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just installed a Sony BDU-X10S Internal Blu-ray Disc BD-ROM Drive in a system and am having problems recognising disks.

Relevant Details:

Motherboard Asus P4C800E
    Processor P4 2.8Ghz (overclocked to 3.36Ghz)
    Graphics card ATI Radeon 3850 AGP8x
    RAM 4Ghz matched Geil
    Operating system Windows XP SP3 fully patched
    DX 10.1 (Kryos distro for XP)

Drive detected fine (Onboard SATA channels detects as second set of IDE controllers). Drive displays as normal- with the installed icons identifying it as a BD Drive. Explorer reports 'unrecognised disk', the Bluray software it shipped with (version 7.10 of Power DVD) reports 'error no disk present in default drive "G:"' (G being the Bluray drive).

Properties report Disk present of unrecognisable format, and disk not mounted.

Any ideas or tips anyone?

Cheers,

Shane

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Cheers for the PMs.
    Apparently there is a known issue with the Motherboard and with optical drives from Sony and Plextor.
    I am going to update to the latest BIOS revision and see if this solves it. If not- I'll probably have a bluray ROM on adverts in a few days time :)

Cheers,

Shane

Advertisement