Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY Renewal

Options
  • 09-03-2009 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Basically I have had a SKY TV package for a year now and its renewal time. I got a deal of half price for the full sky world package through a mate of mine that works for sky. SO had it set up as a direct debit. I expected a letter through the door to tell me the yr was up and tell me that they would now automatically renew my account and be charging the full price. I never got a letter and they have now started debiting the full price from my account without asking/informing me. Are they allowed to do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

It's very likely in the small print we never read. Your best bet is to ring them, go to cancellations, tell them you want to quit and they will offer you the sun, moon and stars to stay with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

There is no 'renewal' as such with Sky.

They'll provide the service and bill you for it until you ring to either amend or cancel your package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

When your 12 months expired, they don't really renew anything either, you just go on a 1 month notice period. You can cancel by giving 30 days notice now, and there is no other contract to worry about. Also, as mentioned, you should have agreed to all this when you signed up, but whether your friend actually told you or not is another thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Got it sorted....rang them and downgraded my package and my account is now in credit. Thanks for the advice lads.

Advertisement