Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning: rogue dog warden in Sligo/Roscommon

Options
  • 09-03-2009 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Dog owners in the Sligo/Roscommon are advised to be extra vigilant as reports of a person claiming to be an official council dog warden is operating between the two counties.

The man, driving a white van with 'Dog Warden' displayed on the side. He was spotted attempting to lift dogs in the Collooney region. There are also reports of sightings in the Frenchpark area of County Roscommon.

There is evidence that dogs stolen by unscrupulous individuals are used for baiting and training killer dogs used the illegal practice of dog fighting. Stolen family pets are no match for viscous fighting dogs and therefore suffer horrific injuries and distress before their inevitable death.

Sligo County Council have advised dog owners to be on their guard and have advised that Sligo’s Authorised Dog Warden drives a RED VAN and carries identification at all times.

If in doubt, Dog Owners are asked to contact Sligo County Council at 071 9111111 or Sligo Garda Station on 071-9157000 or any Garda Station.

If you see this white van with 'Dog Warden' on it. Please call the Gardai immediately.

Source:
    http://www.sligotoday.ie/detail.php?id=3356

also posted on animals / pet issues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aux100

Saw this van in Strandhill today around lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

did you ring the gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aux100

Sure did! They just took the details, didn't say anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

I have now heard of three people reporting sightings of this van in various estates/ areas around sligo town so I just can't understand how the police haven't managed to catch him yet. Particularly as he is in a big van with dog warden written on it. Hardly inconspicuous now is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Lets hope its a concerned citizen (:eek:...) taking the loose dogs off the streets, because the real warden isn't bothered about it.*

*Source: Me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

dogbh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I hope they catch him soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

lubie76 wrote: »
    I have now heard of three people reporting sightings of this van in various estates/ areas around sligo town so I just can't understand how the police haven't managed to catch him yet. Particularly as he is in a big van with dog warden written on it. Hardly inconspicuous now is it?

Must need: Dog warden: Na Only Joking... Con Artist.
    a telephone number and itinerary for the day written on the side on the van to sit up and pay attention. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

newbie2 wrote: »
    dogbh.jpg

It's one thing being an overpaid (though excellent) Premiership football player, but nicking people's dogs??!!!! Shame on you Wayne Rooney.

Advertisement