Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bin man?

• 09-03-2009 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

does anyone know by any chance how much a garbage collector earns? I'm giving a presentation on certain jobs soon and I just cannot find that particular salary scale. It's a public job, isn't it? So, the salary scale should be online somewhere....me thinks.

Cheers,
    mC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Binman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

go on admit it... you secretly wanna be a binman don't ya? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Kiera wrote: »
    Binman.
    it's not a binman, that's sexist.

what do you wimmen want? ya want equal pay, you want ability to vote, then you want to be called men in your job title, but then if you are hit by a guy it's a ****ing travesty.

make up ya's your minds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

what do you wimmen want? ya want equal pay, you want ability to vote, then you want to be called men in your job title, but then if you are hit by a guy it's a ****ing travesty.

make up ya's your minds.
    I'm not the burning bra type. Its binman. Now open that bloody door for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

meowCat wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

does anyone know by any chance how much a garbage collector earns? I'm giving a presentation on certain jobs soon and I just cannot find that particular salary scale. It's a public job, isn't it? So, the salary scale should be online somewhere....me thinks.

Cheers,
    mC.

Not sure. Its a low skilled job, yet you'd want to be off your Jarvis to do it. So Id say they'd compensate for the smelliness and the general shame of hanging off the back of a bin truck, so it would be more than min wage Id say. Aprox €12-€15ph?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It depends who is sanitation commissioner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Good job but the pay is rubbish.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Tough business to break into, rife with nepotism. For a start your old man needs to be a dustman and, even then, he has to wear a dustman's hat and cor-blimey trousers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I hear the pay is rubbish :pac:

EDIT: Change to trash :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Where you wheelie bin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

biko wrote: »
    Where you wheelie bin?

AWFUL.

I love puns and bad jokes, but you have just......*tumbleweed*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Hi everyone,

Cheers,
    mC.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't qualify as a public job since it's usually contracted out to a company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

My dad has been a bin man with Dublin City Council for the last 28 years. I dont know what the pay rate starts at but at the moment he earns 650 a week gross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

gazzer wrote: »
    My dad has been a bin man with Dublin City Council for the last 28 years. I dont know what the pay rate starts at but at the moment he earns 650 a week And says sometimes the job is gross.
    Fixed for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

gazzer wrote: »
    My dad has been a bin man with Dublin City Council for the last 28 years. I dont know what the pay rate starts at but at the moment he earns 650 a week gross.

Coolio. Thanks for the answer gazzer!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Wait, what just happened here? A question was asked and then answered within 15 posts? AH has gone to the dogs. This should have been at least 6 pages long of binman puns and trashy jokes.

It's the last time I leave you people alone, thats for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Binman goes up to a black man's door having not found his bin...

Dustman "Where's your bin?"...

Black dude "Yah bin here all day boy, where you been?"....

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 summer146

make up ya's your minds.

Just in case you didn't already know, you're a dick. Take a long look at yourself in the mirror and think about what you're contributing to this world. P.S. Take a spelling class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

summer146 wrote: »
    Just in case you didn't already know, you're a dick. Take a long look at yourself in the mirror and think about what you're contributing to this world. P.S. Take a spelling class

9 years! Glad to have got it out of your system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

It took you 9 years to come up with that??

Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

No need to get your knickers in a knot over a 9 year old thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

P.S. Take an eye test. The thread is 9 years old. I've seen some doozies of necro bumps over the years but never has there been one so close to a decade. So well done I guess.

#InBeforeThreadLock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

I think you mean a refuse disposal technician

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

eurokev wrote: »
    I think you mean a refuse disposal technician

No, that's grade III.

you mean Environmental Maintenance Officer.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Hi everyone,

Cheers,
    mC.

There are about 4 different private companies operating in my area so, 9 years on it seems to no longer be a public job.

jaxxx wrote: »
    P.S. Take an eye test. The thread is 9 years old. I've seen some doozies of necro bumps over the years but never has there been one so close to a decade. So well done I guess.

#InBeforeThreadLock

In his defense, it's his first post. Well his first under that username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

tuxy wrote: »

They’ve had 9 years I imagine they’re sorted

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »

Maybe that website wasn't around 9 years ago.

;)

salmocab wrote: »
    They’ve had 9 years I imagine they’re sorted

Ah.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

OP did so well on his presentation he actually became a binman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

OP did so well on his presentation he actually became a binman!

I wonder what he earns

salmocab wrote: »
    I wonder what he earns

With 8+ years experience op should now be on €38k a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

The question and answer is flawed. In Dublin anyway the council used to collect bins. This has been privatised years now. Bin men now are probably on minimum wage. Who knows. What a rubbish thread.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement