Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside server merge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Seems like the game is in its final death throes. I think I'll look into getting back into it for a while. But Darkfall is reproducing most of the things I liked about Planetside and some stuff that I hated in it was even improved in Darkfall :)

But even just for nostalgia sake, I think I've gotta look into it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Actually it seems a fair number of Wernerites have migrated across to Gemini. With the server merge, it means we're not back to low BR characters, which could serve to draw others back too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Yeah I moved over to concentrate playing on the US server after they both merged so now this is even better as I can play my higher BR VS again with a decent pop :)

Thanks for this thread, havn't been playing in a while but with this merge, I'll get back into it again for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Is anyone still playing this? I've just renewed my sub for a month to see what it is like.

Having problems with my internet atm, but once I get it sorted I will reactivated my sub and have a go with it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Slurmsy

Decided to end my sub a few weeks ago. I didn't want to hang around until the bitter end. Was a great game back in the day, needs a sequel. It will be a shame when it finally goes down, it will only leave WWIIOnline as the only decent MMOFPS on the market.

Well the Werner merge hasn't gone ahead yet btw, in case anyone was still wondering. Werner is, well, completely dead.
    Have been playing on Gemini and it even gets pop locked (VS side at least) some nights but got really annoyed with it tonight, there was a few people using cheats, teleporting, no COF etc., :mad:
    In fairness though, when VS saw who was cheating, everyone turned against them for a bit of TK'ing but still, really annoyed that people still cheat so easily.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Well the Werner merge hasn't gone ahead yet btw, in case anyone was still wondering. Werner is, well, completely dead.
    Have been playing on Gemini and it even gets pop locked (VS side at least) some nights but got really annoyed with it tonight, there was a few people using cheats, teleporting, no COF etc., :mad:
    In fairness though, when VS saw who was cheating, everyone turned against them for a bit of TK'ing but still, really annoyed that people still cheat so easily.

heh I logged into Werner last night and even instant action gave me nothing back. I rerolled on Gemini and there seems to be a few battles happening, nothing compared to the scale I remember from a while back though.

I think it would be a lot more enjoyable if there was one semi decently organised clan. So far I've seen people just shout into global saying we need more people at x,y and z!

I've had some good fights since I started up again on Gemini. Its annoying not having the BR25, and the certs to go with it, but hopefully the merge will come soon and take care of that :)

Since it is an American server, I'm guessing the best fighting will be late at night for us.

I wonder do we have enough boardsies to make up a squad one evening.

I'm Xerodub on NC on Gemini.

• Advertisement

TheHairyHeretic, TR, on Gemini.

ConBeefCabbageandPotatoes - (VS) on Gemini

Yeah I spelt Cornbeef wrong but I hit BR 11 in one night before realising it and cba rolling again :p

Also...

Nehaxak - NC on Gem (BR 12 I think, rarely play it).

VS seem a lot more organised on Gemini, whatever outfit invited me the other night, spent hours organising full lib raids etc., was great fun.

Also suits me with the differences in hours as I can stay up playing until 4am+ and the server is still active :)

ConBeefCabbagePotatoes actually is the correct spelling :p
    Was loads of cheaters online now the last two nights, it's becoming rediculous. Elitepvpers website are even giving out the source code for their hacks free to everyone, can even find the code via google searches so it seems since that code was posted there's been a huge upsurge in cheaters playing :(

Releasing source code for hacks, is traditionally, the quickest way of getting it patched out of usefulness... However, when it comes to Sony Online, I'm not sure that really applies :p

Still, a few friends have gotten into this for the first time and just makes me want to play it more... I havent yet, but I certainly will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Just curious, is Planetside now a Free-to-play game now? As in no monthly subscriptions?

No you still have to sub up to it Michael.

You find a lot of players though will have subbed up to EverQuest (1 or 2) and maybe one of the other SOE games like Star Wars Galaxies or Pirates of the Burning piss Sea, so the all-in-one subscription covers their gaming needs anyway for cheaper than single subs and throws in PlanetSide and other games into the mix - guess it's Sony's way of hiding the true subscription rate for single games.

Considering though, even for all the faults it might have with exploiters these last couple of weeks, I find the subscription worth every penny as I can spend hours on end playing it.
    There's no other game out there (for me anyway) that can give that much enjoyment... if you get into a good Outfit (clan/guild) who carry out special ops etc., it can also become a very addictive game and feckin' hours can fly by very easily.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Was loads of cheaters online now the last two nights, it's becoming rediculous. Elitepvpers website are even giving out the source code for their hacks free to everyone, can even find the code via google searches so it seems since that code was posted there's been a huge upsurge in cheaters playing :(

Given how overpowered the lasher currently seems to be, VS don't need anything else :P

Given how overpowered the lasher currently seems to be, VS don't need anything else :P

I won't disagree with that :)

Lasher was always insanely overpowered, how could they possibly have made it more so?

And double grenade launcher with plasma grenades was a fairly effective substitute imho, so it mattered not :)

I think the greatest thing about the lasher (at least if you're using one) is the quick ability you have to switch it into AV mode (or anti armour mode, whatever it's called) to take down a Max unit easier. Though the other TR and NC have this mode on their relevant HA weapons, it requires you to switch ammo, which takes a couple of seconds. With the Lasher it's just a matter of a right mouseclick and you're done, instant switch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Slurmsy

Personally I've always felt VS was the better side equipment-wise. The Lasher, Lancer, and their Maxs seem superior to the other factions equivalents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

great game played it to death afew years ago, im still on the TR kill leaderboard, seems they havn't updated that at all

Advertisement