Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty Salons in Mullingar

Options
  • 09-03-2009 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Hello........

Getting married in Mullingar later this year and want to know if someone can recommend me a good beauty salon in the town.
    Wanted to treat myself and my bridesmaids to all getting our hair and makeup done. But mobile beauty make artists are charging from €90 - €120 just to do my make up if they have to come to the hotel to me.
    I go to an excellent salon in dundalk who charge €45 for a trial and day makeup!....some difference!!!!!!!!
    Since I will be staying in the hotel the night before the wedding I reckon we will all go to a salon to get our makeup done........I just need it to be a good one and what they charge.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Totally You in Austin Friars St is very good - worth ringing for a quote anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Casey ca

My sister got married last year and we got our makeup done in Bloomfield, they did a fab job only the bride to be had a makeup trial. If i was ever goin to get makeup done for a special occasion i wud def go back there. Totally you is quite cud too and 5th avenue is another one to try. Hair salons; L2, Joli, Profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

thanks for this, gonna give a few of these a call.....
    It's astonishing the difference in price between going to a salon to get your makeup done and having someone come to the hotel to do it.
    Who can justify doubling the price? .....that's almost €100 more it would cost me to get mine and my bridemaids makeup's done at the hotel.

M x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Julie Make-up

Hi,

If you would still like to have your hair etc done from the hotel. I have a hairdresser friend who lives in Mullingar i could give you her number if you would like?

Please dont think bad of all the hair & make-up people who do call outs, there are some out there who do take the Michael with quotes but most freelancers are reasonable. They are obviously more expensive than a salon would be as they have to cover the price it costs to buy and update their hair/ make-up kits and travel expenses etc.

Let ma know if you would like the number for the hairdresser, she is excellent!

I hope you have a fabulous wedding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dianababyddori

yeah id recommend bloomfield house hotel.
    they have special bridal offers all the time..

also a rely good hairdressers is karl amber on mount street.

ask for michael or sinead.
    there really good.

also they open early at the weekends at 7am for bridal, wedding etc. people for to be ready early.

im not sure about during the week but if you asked im sure they wouldnt mind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement