Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Thermaltake Finally Created Something We Want?

Options
  • 09-03-2009 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

I've never been a fan of Thermaltake products, I've always thought of them as knockoffs of other better quality items (coolermaster, zalman etc). Just having a browse of Engadget this morning and spotted that they'll be bringing out a case called the Level 10, it looks very interesting.

If it performs well and isn't insanely expensive I could consider it. What do you guys make of it?

090306-bmw-01.jpg

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,678000/Thermaltake-Level-10-PC-case-with-BMW-concept/News/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

COOL!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

single gpu? and will it take top end cpu cooler's? i love the idea, but i think they left it short for the extreme enthuasist.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Indeed. While they may have left enough room for a juicy cooler (the 12cm fan on the rear of the raised area looks small in comparison) there doesn't seem to be much clearance above the expansion card area which could make it impossible to fit watercooling blocks to video cards (due to the projecting connectors). And who would drop €400-500 on a case other than a waterhead? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Maybe it's just me but does no-one else think it's butt ugly? Plus even if you did think it looked nice you'd spend hours cleaning dust out from all the nooks and crannys. Nice to see them trying out something different though.

I think its pretty! :D

Not very practical, and painfully expensive :rolleyes:

But pretty! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

typical thermaltake stuff, butt ugly and looks like a modified lada car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

typical thermaltake stuff, butt ugly and looks like a modified lada car.

Got it right on the nail there. Its looks really bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

It looks very shiny in the OP, then in the picture gallery in the link it looks almost matte black :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Other than the dust problem I think its cool.

Nice to see a bit of innovation instead of the same stuff in a
    different color.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

It looks like a SilverStone case with a few boxes and a group of external harddrive caddies stapled to a piece of metal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

thermaltake never produce things consumers want, they just take good ideas and beat them with the ugly stick till something appears that looks sellable

Just thought I'd throw in the real picture of it cause I think that photoshopped picture makes it looks pretty dazzling
    thermaltake-level-10-1-big.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Looks like a pretentious piece of **** to me.

Just saying it like it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bllox

that looks seriously bad!! Good idea done badly if you ask me! Can you imagine ordering that from the first pic and then get that? I would be well cheesed off!

Damn striaght. I thought the gloss option was the retail version, not concept art! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

If you are going for a quirky case, I like the Antec one. Mind I have 2 kids so theres not a prayer of me buying one, I'll stick to my mountain mods :)

ske07fd4%5B1%5D.jpg

antec_skeleton_computex08.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

wtf is this **** ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Anti wrote: »
    wtf is this **** ?

Assuming it was shít behind those stars, you answered your own question there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

As someone said, it's a good idea executed horrendously.

Had they made it minimal - 1 HD, 1 optical drive, wireless N, 1 gpu, watercooling - they could've made is wall mountable so you could put it beside a TV on the wall with the possibilty of mounting a picture over it. Nice hidden media server.

don't know if you noticed that the cpu cooler on that antec case is bent for the reason it can't fit any modern cpu cooler not even a freezer pro. That skeleton case or for that matter anything produced by thermaltake should not be bought by anyone who values their money and patience.

I'm guessing Antec designed the Skeleton with flower/orb coolers in mind, not tower coolers. The giant overhead fan might be a hint... ;)

• Advertisement

Solitaire wrote: »
    I'm guessing Antec designed the Skeleton with flower/orb coolers in mind, not tower coolers. The giant overhead fan might be a hint... ;)

Then its hardly a bench for entusiasts, I think they just f***ed up and won't admit it. Anyways it doesn't fit some high end graphics cards either. here's a class bench:
    microcool-banchetto-101-09.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Oh i like that req, where is it from ?

its the microcool banchetto, there an italian company, here's the site. But sadly the only place in the uk that sold them is aqua-pcs and they went out of business. It retails at around €230 and you can pick it up here. They're a bunch of french blokes but people on xs have bought from them.:D

Advertisement