Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi/Bus from Killarney to Tralee

Options
  • 09-03-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody could reccommend a taxi or bus service that would take about 10 people from Killarney to Tralee (be in Tralee for Approx 1 hour) then back to Killarney again on Saturday night?

Also a rough idea of the cost would be good.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I can't help with names or phone # - just to say that there are a lot of mini-bus type taxis in Killarney.
    Try goldenpages.ie or the Killarney tourist office.

Maybe, if your staying in a hotel in Killarney, they would be able to organise something for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Deros Coaches are normally reasonably priced with their mini-buses 064-31251 / 31567

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

They have vehicles in Kerry? Good to see you've stopped using those horses. Hope you've found a substitute for those sheep as well ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Cheers for replies so far. I've been onto Killareny Taxi Cabs and they are quoting €120 return for an 8 seater taxi to Tralee. Does that price sound about right?

CHD wrote: »
    They have vehicles in Kerry? Good to see you've stopped using those horses. Hope you've found a substitute for those sheep as well ;););)

You know the main horse we use now is the horse-power under our car bonnets (I know, I know, how times have changed eh) :pac: but i'm sure we could find you a horse&cart to take you down to one of the lakes if you were looking for a closer look ;)

but as for the sheep, well they really are un-replacable really, now aren't they. Imagine a Kerry skyline without dolly the sheep walking around, that would just be :eek:

• Advertisement

Tinytony wrote: »
    Cheers for replies so far. I've been onto Killareny Taxi Cabs and they are quoting €120 return for an 8 seater taxi to Tralee. Does that price sound about right?

I suppose the reason for the 120euro would primarily be for the hour-long wait. Have you tried asking for a quote for a 1-way journey? That would help determine how over/under priced the 120euros is. It does seem reasonably to me though especially when split by 8-10people

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I suppose the reason for the 120euro would primarily be for the hour-long wait. Have you tried asking for a quote for a 1-way journey? That would help determine how over/under priced the 120euros is. It does seem reasonably to me though especially when split by 8-10people

Ya he said it's 60 each way. I didn't mention the time we'd be there originally. It was still €120 when I told him we'd only be about 90 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i got a taxi after my xmas party from the manor west hotel to killarney and it was 48 euro, one-way.

so 120 divied by 8-10 for a return is pretty good.

Advertisement