Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Ryath

Blanchy90 wrote: »

Snap!

472846.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Love all the recent posts, some amazing watches here.

Someone mentioned the lume on their Seiko above and it's something that I've been very impressed with since I got my Grey Dawn Samurai...

://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=472830&stc=1&d=1549964473[

It is seriously impressive. My wife is very sensitive to any light in the bedroom and has had me turn over my Seiko monster facedown when left on my locker! The other night after 6 hours sleep it was still glowing strongly and I hadn't precharged it and been a barely lit sitting room before bed. If I actually shine a torch on it before bed it's still glowing in the morning!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

IMHO Seiko lume is the best non radioactive lume of any brand out there.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    IMHO Seiko lume is the best non radioactive lume of any brand out there.

Tested it out last night.

472923.jpg472924.jpg

After just over 7.5hrs!
    472925.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Ryath wrote: »
    It is seriously impressive. My wife is very sensitive to any light in the bedroom and has had me turn over my Seiko monster facedown when left on my locker! The other night after 6 hours sleep it was still glowing strongly and I hadn't precharged it and been a barely lit sitting room before bed. If I actually shine a torch on it before bed it's still glowing in the morning!

Ya, definitely agree. I've left it down for a few days at a time, so that it's not been out and about in direct light, and would spot it no problem if up during the night at any stage. Other pieces wouldn't be a patch on it.

Something else that also requires light to charge arrived this morning. A steal at €112! Very happy with it much better sized for my wrist than most g shocks. Strap is still sized for a 9 inch wrist though so a bit sticking out!

472951.jpg

472952.jpg

473095.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Please tell me you paid for fast shipping, minse still hasnt turned up.

funkyouup wrote: »
    Please tell me you paid for fast shipping, minse still hasnt turned up.

Nope! Sorry I'm sure it will be here soon.

I hope so but im not very optimistic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Another zakaz today, the pictures really don't do the purple dial justice

x44scw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Satta Massagana

Ryath wrote: »
    Something else that also requires light to charge arrived this morning. A steal at €112! Very happy with it much better sized for my wrist than most g shocks. Strap is still sized for a 9 inch wrist so bit sticking out.

Ah glad you finally got it. Its a beauty and a great bargain. I wonder will that deal come up again.
    I shouldn't have let that one pass but I was looking at the silver one which was sold out, but looking at your pics I think the blue you got is much nicer.
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Do you not think the two on the right are very similar watches? I mean stylewise at least.
    Thanks,
    Mick

In the flesh/steel there is enough of a difference to make me want one. It does not look it in the picture but it is noticeably smaller at 36mm and wears very nicely.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Cheap alternative is what they are yes or in my eyes a wanna be Rolex

Yes that's exactly what it is. The whole idea behind Rolex bringing out the Tudor brand was to offer a cheaper version of Rolex.

I’m almost certain that’s a BB41. 36 looks tiny even on bracelet.

100% it was the bb36, the bb41 is noticeably bigger then the 39mm explorer and even the bb58. The bb41s proportions look way off and its not a nice looking watch.

But for some reason the 36mm looks bigger in this picture. Must be the way I took the picture?

Ah glad you finally got it. Its a beauty and a great bargain. I wonder will that deal come up again.
    I shouldn't have let that one pass but I was looking at the silver one which was sold out, but looking at your pics I think the blue you got is much nicer.
    Enjoy!

Thanks really pleased with it. Was considering stretching to the plain steel one. I do like it a lot it's a bit more understated and will hide scratches better. Really loving the blue though. The blue on the case is darker and a little shinier in the flesh than it looks in the photos on the site. Does look lighter depending how it catches the light. Like the blue and lumed hands are a lot more legible than most analogue/digi g shocks. (Must have a thing for blue hands that's 3 watches I have with them now) Probably should get a spare strap for it while I can I know how hard it can be to get ones for watches with a single centre lug. They have black pvd bracelet for it that would be very nice but but it's €185

It's down as discontinued on site but I suppose there's slight a chance they might get one back as a return. I've a feeling that's how I got mine. Casio Box that held the tin was slightly damaged and looked like it had been opened and watch was fully charged. Think it should have been wrapped on plastic too and there was no tag either. There's not a mark on it though and at the price I got it I'm not going to complain.

There's a few other blue g steel steel ones around not as good value but still pretty good considering the rrp of the watch.

Casio outlet b stock for £152 delivered

At watchshop .com for £157

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Seiko 5 on a Barton gingerbread leather strap. This hasn't got much wrist time in the last few weeks so I'll probably wear it for the rest of the week.

17eltu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

So many great Seikos up here lately
    They really are a great brand, making fantastic looking watches, although you wouldnt know it from the stuff the bricks and mortar shops generally stock in Ireland. Even the pricier ones are top notch value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭893bet

6eq8ti.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Cranes neck in envy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭micks_address

893bet wrote: »
    NO quoting photos.
    i know this is a case of if you have to ask the price you can't afford it, but how much is a watch like that worth?

Thanks,
    Mick

i know this is a case of if you have to ask the price you can't afford it, but how much is a watch like that worth?

Thanks,
    Mick

RRP is around 18k

Second hand market 18-25k

Watchfinder think 27-31k

I think watchfinder are artificially inflating in demand watches to allow people trade watches against them and think they are getting value for their trade in.

How opulent is the rubber strap?

How opulent is the rubber strap?

*googles opulent*

Meh. Not very compared to the watch price. It’s is a very nice rubber strap but no better than high end omega or high end non OEM ones.

I think you can buy the strap for 200-300 brand new.

Strap is cheap as you cut it to size unique to you hand.

I had to google it to make sure i was using the correct word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

On the other end of the scale, just bought this S-Shock. Wearing it, and I will be more handsome, apparently :D

SKMEI-Multifunction-Digital-Alarm-Waterproof-Men-Sport-Watch-Yel.jpg

https://m.tmart.com/SKMEI-Multifunction-Digital-Alarm-Waterproof-Men-Sport-Watch-Yellow_p348182.html?pageType=description

12 quid, worth a punt! I'll throw up a photo when it arrives.

On the other end of the scale, just bought this S-Shock. Wearing it, and I will be more handsome, apparently :D

https://m.tmart.com/SKMEI-Multifunction-Digital-Alarm-Waterproof-Men-Sport-Watch-Yellow_p348182.html?pageType=description

12 quid, worth a punt! I'll throw up a photo when it arrives.

They ain’t bad! I have had a few!

Even sold one on adverts!

https://www.adverts.ie/6625105

You have to be the only guy that owns a Patek and an S-shock.

Soki diver for me today.

I'm really enjoying going through my collection again

29mnes9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's a cheap work horse :D

I somehow doubt that it has a Japanese quartz movement as claimed though. Only China's finest will do for this watch!

Probably not, but amazingly I'm as much looking forward to its arrival as I was to the arrival of the baby monster last week. Nuts, I know, but fun all the same. I travel a lot for work and the dual time zone would be very handy. If it keeps any sort of proper time at all I've got a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'm sure it will keep better time than the most expensive Swiss automatic watch any of us owns :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭fat bloke

893bet wrote: »
    *googles opulent*

Meh. Not very compared to the watch price. It’s is a very nice rubber strap but no better than high end omega or high end non OEM ones.

I think you can buy the strap for 200-300 brand new.

Strap is cheap as you cut it to size unique to you hand.

It's a perfectly cromulent strap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I've been "working from home" today, and managing to squeeze time in to take the bracelet off my Oyster Perpetual. The question then is what do you replace it with? I found a nice leather Nato I had and so after a bit of a polish, here we are. I think the combination of a watch that costs more than my car on a strap that costs the same as an average bottle of wine works quite well.

As I have greater need for new windows in my house than I have for two nice watches, I'll be putting my Speedmaster 3570 (2014) on the market in a couple of weeks if anyone here is interested. I bought it here and obviously would prefer to do business with fellow watch boardsies. It comes with an aftermarket glass casebook as well as the standard steel one. More on that anon...

IMG_0029_zpsl3vwghjt.jpg

• Advertisement

It never ceases to amaze me how a change of strap transforms a watch. Love the orange, but it's probably an aquired taste:

20190215-222318.jpgjpg host

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭scotchy

2ly6h6p.jpg

Hadn't realised how much it needed a clean till I saw the photo:o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Wearing this the last week or so. This is a G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400DCJ-1JF

f4eowo.jpg

ojdwk7.jpg

This version was released in 2016. Its part of the Desert Camouflage series.
    It’s a big boy measuring in at 55.2 x 53.5 x 18.2mm but is quite light at 93g.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homer

Must be something wrong with the photo there Mitch.. I cant see the strap :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Homer wrote: »
    Must be something wrong with the photo there Mitch.. I cant see the strap :D

And why would you get "Carbon Fiber" tattooed on your arm? :confused:

• Advertisement

Camo jokes never get old :)

Definetely buying 1 or 2 more of these.

473478.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭scotchy

2naqiqt.jpg

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭furiousox

My one and only "good" watch.
    I ogled it in Weirs window for years as a younger man and saved up and bought this one about 18 years ago.
    I don't wear it to work, and sometimes forget to put it on in the evenings but it does get worn every weekend.
    Sometimes I think I should just sell it on, but I think I would very much regret it afterwards.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Definetely buying 1 or 2 more of these.

Have the 'Steve Zissou' but need a new strap as the one that came with it rips the arm hairs off me. Anyone have suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭micks_address

Oh darn..

3304ie1.jpg

Should have it next week..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

"Today's bargain watch that I'm not buying should" really be renamed to "oops I bought it again".

473499.jpg

473500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

"Today's bargain watch that I'm not buying should" really be renamed to "oops I bought it again".

Ooh that Seiko is nice. It's a recraft model isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Ooh that Seiko is nice. It's a recraft model isn't it?

It is. From amazon.co.uk. I can see I'm going to have to polish it already!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement