Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

893bet wrote: »
    Agree. Below video details 2nd method to achieve the same outcome without need of spring bar tools.

https://youtu.be/Kfrqz_iOXgg

I hate Nato straps usually, but i would definitely wear one like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Nomos watches look like they would all be too large for me. Which is a shame because I adore this one.

Thinking of swapping my Tangente for the Club version of the above. As for size, the sport series seems to wear a lot smaller eg although my tangente is 38, I’m sure I’ve read that it wears the same, if not larger than the 41 tangente sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

Nomos watches look like they would all be too large for me. Which is a shame because I adore this one.

Nomos.png

That looks lovely. Not a huge fan of the bracelet.

That watch is almost 2mm bigger than mine based on the website (40.3 vs 42mm).

They def wear big but have a lot of smaller options in the 37-40mm range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Thinking of swapping my Tangente for the Club version of the above. As for size, the sport series seems to wear a lot smaller eg although my tangente is 38, I’m sure I’ve read that it wears the same, if not larger than the 41 tangente sport.

The one I linked is 42mm and the lugs extend a decent distance from the case. 52mm lug to lug is just too big for me unfortunately.

That looks lovely. Not a huge fan of the bracelet.

That watch is almost 2mm bigger than mine based on the website (40.3 vs 42mm).

They def wear big but have a lot of smaller options in the 37-40mm range.

The bracelet isn't a huge issue for me. I can take or leave it but for the price I would like something a bit nicer.

If the had the same design at the 38mm case I could possibly get away with it but I still think the lugs might be too long for my wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Nomos.png

That bracelet is brutal on that watch. Would end links ruin the Bauhaus look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Gavin1 wrote: »
    That bracelet is brutal on that watch. Would end links ruin the Bauhaus look?

I really like the look of the bracelet, but it looks like it has serious potential to be a hair remover. End links would be odd imho. The sport series looks pretty good on strap anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

https://i.ibb.co/Tq5ymrJ/Nomos.png

That's a great looking watch, I'm adding it to the list
    I love the strap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Agree. Below video details 2nd method to achieve the same outcome without need of spring bar tools.

https://youtu.be/Kfrqz_iOXgg

Or of course use a ZULU instead of a NATO strap!

Neither double under the watch, nor double on the inside of your wrist. Best of both worlds and for that reason my favourite type of strap

ZULU%20(profil).JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Never heard of a Zulu strap... Great to learn new things. Never thought I'd buy into fabric straps but they are super comfortable

Working from home and being able to take a stroll with the family is one minor advantage to the current crisis. I normally have a 3hr commute (90 minutes each way) so have a lot more time at home!

Lucky to live out the country, one of only two houses up a 1km cul da sac (I am at the furthest house. Feel for people stuck in apartments and housing estates.

A little bit of VC on the stroll!

image.jpgthe host images

The rear is also exceptional on this.

F46-B977-F-3367-43-DE-A3-E6-5-F4856654-F32.jpganonymous image hosting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Love that watch, one of my favourites on this forum. Everything about it says quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Working from home and being able to take a stroll with the family is one minor advantage to the current crisis. I normally have a 3hr commute (90 minutes each way) so have a lot more time at home!

Lucky to live out the country, one of only two houses up a 1km cul da sac (I am at the furthest house. Feel for people stuck in apartments and housing estates.

A little bit of VC on the stroll!

That watch is another level. Love the strap design too. Definitely one for the list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

eljono wrote: »
    Love that watch, one of my favourites on this forum. Everything about it says quality.
    Never seen one before , but it is great looking . Love the shape of the bezel(is that what its still called even though it doesnt move?)
    And the way the lugs are part of the strap along with the way the body of the watch flows from one side to the other.

I don't even wanna google the watch cos I'm sure the price will depress me :p

Sig edited so not to "offend" genocide apologists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYOZ3IzRaf4

https://www.btselem.org/

I don't even wanna google the watch cos I'm sure the price will depress me :p

It's not as bad as you think. Although we are talking lower Rolex territory.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    It's not as bad as you think. Although we are talking lower Rolex territory.

Def not as bad as one would think. Can’t remember, would need to check adverts private messages but it was around 4.5k if I recall.

This is almost vintage at this point! If it had rolex on the dial it would be equal in value or great than the current RRP....

Current RRP for the current version of this is almost 18-19k I believe....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭vandriver

'...Or of course use a ZULU instead of a NATO strap!

Neither double under the watch, nor double on the inside of your wrist. Best of both worlds and for that reason my favourite type of strap....'

I went looking for Zulus on eBay,there were thousands of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I’ve just realised I’ve barely had a watch on since we went work from home. Am I broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

I’ve just realised I’ve barely had a watch on since we went work from home. Am I broken?

No. just alliterate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm still throwing my good ones on daily. Trackies and Rolex/Speedmaster. I also shaved my head. Hope the guards don't stop me when I go to the shop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Birneybau wrote: »
    I'm still throwing my good ones on daily. Trackies and Rolex/Speedmaster. I also shaved my head. Hope the guards don't stop me when I go to the shop!

You're on dangerous ground there.

You'd better have a damn good reason for being out like that. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    You're on dangerous ground there.

You'd better have a damn good reason for being out like that. :)

Just put wellies on and if a guard stops you tell him you’re off to buy a bull you saw on dungdeal.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Replied over on the Chit Chat thread, don't want to drag this one off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Blub123

Got this thru the post last week, €75.00 and very happy with it... Added to the Constellation, blackbay and speedmaster collection and its been my go to for the past week... Go figure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

My first-ever automatic! Seiko Five SNK809K2 - picked it up after seeing a pic of it in this very thread. Less than €80, amazed at the quality of this watch for the price. Love it!

seiko.jpg

Can't leave out the back :eek::

siekoback.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

The start of a long slippery slope in front of you!!!! Enjoy

Front side of the vintage 1971 Longines Olympian over in that other arses thread.

508155.jpg

This one doesn't get much wrist time, strap is a bit short for me. Has a quick set date, but the day has to be set manually. Picked it up on ebay a few years back and haven't seen another one like it since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

That dog has absolutely no interest in horology

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Definitely not a watchdog...

#sorry

blue5000 wrote: »
    Front side of the vintage 1971 Longines Olympian over in that other arses thread.
    SNIP

This one doesn't get much wrist time, strap is a bit short for me. Has a quick set date, but the day has to be set manually. Picked it up on ebay a few years back and haven't seen another one like it since.

Say Hi to your dog from me

• Advertisement

Birneybau wrote: »
    Say Hi to your dog from me

OMG You quoted a photo! :eek:

dakar wrote: »
    Definitely not a watchdog...

#sorry

Photobombed by a dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

blue5000 wrote: »
    Photobombed by a dog

I like your watch...
    But!
    I love your dog! ;)

Working from home means I can wear this watch more often. The glass has a habit of working itself loose from time to time.

IMG-20200404-090728.jpg

When you're cocooning and running out of watches to post photos of there's only one thing to do. Dress up your Seiko Alpinist in a new leather strap and photograph it against a suitably Japanese backdrop.

508207.JPG

508206.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭porker36

I love the green on the alpinist , stunning watch :)

When you're stuck inside and your wife insists on tidying up...

IMG-20200404-134142.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Love that Omega. Just gone on Chrono24 to look for one

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Working from home means I can wear this watch more often. The glass has a habit of working itself loose from time to time.
    Green with envy H. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Green with envy H. :)

If I'm ever selling it, you can have first refusal on it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

e8g0b.jpg

I like him. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

New week!

32728-FEB-426-B-4161-B31-C-AA377-BE4-EEF6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Rootsblower

New week!

32728-FEB-426-B-4161-B31-C-AA377-BE4-EEF6.jpg

Wow lucky devil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Anyone else reevaluating their career choices when reading this thread? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭porker36

was going to post a pic of my humble poor mans watch collection but def not doing so after a patek goes up :):):D:D

porker36 wrote: »
    was going to post a pic of my humble poor mans watch collection but def not doing so after a patek goes up :):):D:D

One of the best points of this forum is the refreshing lack of snobbery. A modest €50 watch like an entry level Seiko or a Vostok is very much appreciated here, so put up pictures of that humble collection right now! :)

Of course watches at the other end of the spectrum in terms of what they cost are also more than welcome.

Feck it porker36 if u like em that’s all that matters I think I speak for the majority here when I say we can all appreciate all watches regardless of price or brand.

Can we see a pic of the beautiful presentation box and booklets sans any personal info for the Patek. Love seeing all the accoutrements.

Plenty of room for it here:cool:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057397596&page=9

Can be difficult enough to get a clear photo, so tell us what they are when you post it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement