Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

funkyouup wrote: »
    Definetely the most sanitized g-shock in south eastern Ireland tonight:)

I really feel like getting a G-Shock...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I really feel like getting a G-Shock...

The one funkyouup posted is fairly slim for a g-shock if size was putting you off.

Casio G-Shock
    attachment.php?attachmentid=511301&stc=1&d=1588163606

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

20200429-173501.jpg

Everyone needs a G-Shock in the collection

I have too many G Shocks. Wearing this one today.

511364.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

My G-Shock I'm wearing it most days at the moment!

511385.jpg

5 g-shocks in a row, keep it going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

IMG-20200429-221213.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

I'm shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

511395.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

G-Shocks!
    They are kinda like clitoris' (clitori? Clitoris's?)

Seems like every cúnt has one but I can't find them :(

Only joking lads, seriously I have a grá for them myself but lost mine about 6/7 months and have just been seethingly jealous of ye all since ;)

That white NASA branded one released this week is a bit of alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Cassius99 wrote: »
    Sparrow, do you mind me asking where you got the brown leather rally style strap???

https://www.watch-band-center.com/shop-watchstrap.html

Have bought many from here over the years. Good selection and quick enough posting.

But now i work for Barton.... :)

Another one today. GWN-Q1000 "Gulfmaster". It's stupid big. I love it.

511436.jpg

ecoli3136 wrote: »
    Another one today. GWN-Q1000 "Gulfmaster". It's stupid big. I love it.

Oooooh...
    I like that 1!

banie01 wrote: »
    Oooooh...
    I like that 1!

Thanks. I'm a sucker for ana-digi.

It has so many good points. Amazing lume,. Terrific feature set (nothing missing from the basics and a lot of bells and whistles), great accessibility. The compass/baro/alti and depth sensors are a bit of craic, and accurate. Hard to see in my bad pics but the finishing is great too. The dial is matte in some lights but has a high shine in others. The indices are picked out in polished navy matching the polished inner ring of the bezel and the end of the hands. The meter/gauge is polished but the components are off set so they refract against each other. The buttons are quality. I can't find a flaw, other than the strap (see below).

Obviously it's a big yoke but that's part of the charm. Doesnt wear heavy.

One thing if looking at them, the strap is awful. Super comfortable and clearly a high end compound. However, comes with a "high end" metal keeper which doesnt work, and worse, begins to deteriorate around the buckle. I replaced the keeper with a rubber one from another G Shock and that worked but the weird wear/creasing was unacceptable.

I sent mine back and was given a replacement strap which did the same.

Bit the bullet and sourced the bracelet myself. Not cheap but excellent and in my view elevates the watch to a really quality piece of kit.. Comfortable and has a good micro adjust. Looks better than the strap too. Quick snaps of the wings under the watch (very comfortable fit) and bracelet added.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sorry guys, for those with attachments for some reason they're not loading as images for me, so I can't embed them in your posts. Still viewable by clicking though.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's about time people copped on and embedded the images themselves. Fair play to you Wibbs for doing that for all those years though!

Yeah....watch forum drama that does involve me....excellent

Your forgotten "not" has had the same effect as my forgotten "the" yesterday :(

I need grammarly ;)

Most of my browsing is mobile, I use this simple app for resizing:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobilephotoresizer

Here's a photo to keep it going

lG372NJ.jpg

Just got this beauty delivered today. Took ages to decide on which one but choose this model.

I might actually change the strap though, to preserve the original. Anyone have any experience with that? I'd be quite nervous removing the original without damaging it!

https://imgur.com/a/ECrgxPE
    ECrgxPE

Edit: no idea why my IMG tag isn't working to display the photo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Get a bergeon 6767F:
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Bergeon-Watch-Spring-Bar-Pin-Fitting-Tool-Swiss-Made-6767F-FINE-C053/254234268679?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Then look up "how to change a watch strap" on youtube - it's quite easy, just take your time and don't stab yourself with the pointy end (speaking from experience!) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

I mentioned that watch here last week or the week before, I love it. Did you buy new?

Just got this beauty delivered today. Took ages to decide on which one but choose this model.

I might actually change the strap though, to preserve the original. Anyone have any experience with that? I'd be quite nervous removing the original without damaging it!

https://imgur.com/a/ECrgxPE
    ECrgxPE

Edit: no idea why my IMG tag isn't working to display the photo!

Nice!

Didn't work earlier for me either when I went back to embed some of mine posted from.phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

Boards attachments are acting up today. Mine last might was embedded and showing and when I try and view it now I'm getting a 524 Error.

This is it wrote: »
    I mentioned that watch here last week or the week before, I love it. Did you buy new?

Got it new from Fields. Prices on watchfinder just not good enough for a second hand.

Got it new from Fields. Prices on watchfinder just not good enough for a second hand.

Had been looking there myself. The only thing that has put me off the Gulf is reviews of the strap falling apart. I don't know if this is a major issue or I've just managed to find a few reviews that call it out. Maybe if it was used daily in a non watch friendly environment it might not stand up to the wear and tear. I wouldn't be using it daily. It's a big chunk of cash and I'm afraid of leaving myself disappointed.

Edit: gone from Fields and sold out on Weir & Sons, popular enough!

Ryath wrote: »
    Boards attachments are acting up today. Mine last might was embedded and showing and when I try and view it now I'm getting a 524 Error.
    The entire site is like molasses. They're aware of it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113319603&postcount=3498

Had been looking there myself. The only thing that has put me off the Gulf is reviews of the strap falling apart. I don't know if this is a major issue or I've just managed to find a few reviews that call it out. Maybe if it was used daily in a non watch friendly environment it might not stand up to the wear and tear. I wouldn't be using it daily. It's a big chunk of cash and I'm afraid of leaving myself disappointed.

Edit: gone from Fields and sold out on Weir & Sons, popular enough!

The leather is quite soft so I can see it wearing out. Hence I'll be putting that to one side and putting on a nato.

Ordered a cheapo bund style leather strap from eBay back in mid-March.
    TBH I'd nearly forgotten all about it, what with the impact of Covid-19 on logistics.

It dropped through my letter box this morning and TBH, I'm quite impressed by the quality of the leather I've gotten for 14quid!

Quite supple and very comfortable!

Still for every win, there's a knockback :(
    I managed to somehow snap the stem on the watch today(not strap related) but there's already a new one on the way :)

https://imgur.com/a/gOv0KHX

gOv0KHX

Embedded link still isn't showing so I've also linked straight to Imgur.

• Advertisement

The leather is quite soft so I can see it wearing out. Hence I'll be putting that to one side and putting on a nato.

Yeah, that's the fear. And it's the strap that really sets it off for me so I'm not sure if I'd be willing to buy it if it meant losing the strap. Anyway, it'll be a few months before I decide so I'll do a bit more research and go from there :) thanks for the input!

Yeah, that's the fear. And it's the strap that really sets it off for me so I'm not sure if I'd be willing to buy it if it meant losing the strap. Anyway, it'll be a few months before I decide so I'll do a bit more research and go from there :) thanks for the input!

The NATO I ordered is the same as on CAZ1014.FC8196. I was really tempted by that watch! This way I can get the best of both watches 😂

Trying to keep the G-Shock theme going I've (temporarily) taken off the Starlight and put on the Pro-Trek triple sensor (it's massive for my wrist ha).

The sensor was useful when in Tenerife - showed that we got up to 2470m above sea level at the volcano.

511526.jpg

If/when the picture is sorted out you'll see the watch posed beside my other hobby - the Unicomp Model M keyboard I was raving about :D

Here's the protrek I'm referring to though (PRW1500T - titanium means it's huge, but light - got it second hand for 90 euro):
    https://www.google.com/search?q=casio+protrek+prw+1500t&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiw1YP7rJLpAhVZSEEAHWXnBqkQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=casio+protrek+prw+1500t&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzoCCAA6BAgAEBhQ-NYDWNndA2DQ4ANoAHAAeACAAVOIAcgCkgEBNZgBAKABAaoBC2d3cy13aXotaW1n&sclient=img&ei=1uurXrCSO9mQhbIP5c6byAo&bih=966&biw=1903&client=firefox-b-d&hl=en-GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Ordered Omega nato Monday arrived yesterday. I know 155 is a lot for a strap but the quality is good and I've seen omega buckles go for almost 80 euro on their own.

IMG-20200501-110029.jpg
    IMG-20200501-110026.jpg
    IMG-20200501-110011.jpg
    IMG-20200501-105827.jpg

Fitted with the instructions here

https://youtu.be/gS92QnF2e4o

Colour combination definitely works.

Cheers,
    Mick

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Ordered Omega nato Monday arrived yesterday. I know 155 is a lot for a strap but the quality is good and I've seen omega buckles go for almost 80 euro on their own.

Fitted with the instructions here

https://youtu.be/gS92QnF2e4o

Colour combination definitely works.

Cheers,
    Mick

Most I paid for a strap was €52 for a Hirsch Andy, haven't fitted it yet! Have to say I bought a lot of watches for less than €155 too, mostly vintage watches though. It's amazing the deeper you get into this the easier it is to spend money on watches:( Well wear.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

Looks good! That’s the same strap I got for my AT so make sure you give it a spin on that also!

Get the stickers off!

image.jpg

• Advertisement

blue5000 wrote: »
    Most I paid for a strap was €52 for a Hirsch Andy, haven't fitted it yet! Have to say I bought a lot of watches for less than €155 too, mostly vintage watches though. It's amazing the deeper you get into this the easier it is to spend money on watches:( Well wear.

This can be a function of "wife won't allow new watch purchases...but a watch strap isn't a new watch..." :D

I think the most I've ever spent on a strap was an alligator strap for 50-odd euro to go on my BJWF Beihai - I do have a concern about source of skins nowadays though - having researched more into leather for business reasons even ostrich leather which many high-end watch makers use seems dodgy in terms of sustainability/by-product usage :( (meat vs skin value).

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    It looks great but 155 for a nato is crazy

Yeah it's crazy money alright. The packaging is more swish than the strap. Red padded case that would hold a watch nearly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

893bet wrote: »
    Looks good! That’s the same strap I got for my AT so make sure you give it a spin on that also!

Get the stickers off!

SNIP

That doesn’t work at all. Too much navy.
    Also there’s so many scrapes on that watch it looks like you’ve ran it along a wall.

• Advertisement

shutup wrote: »
    Also there’s so many scrapes on that watch it looks like you’ve ran it along a wall.

Works for me!

All the scratches are superficial. Any polished bezel in strong sunlight like that will be littered in scratches. Nothing that a light polish wouldn’t sort out.

Watches are made to be worn....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

shutup wrote: »

It looks pretty lightly scratched to be honest, to the point where most polite people wouldn't mention it. Every scratch is one less on his Patek and Vacheron. I would never call an Aqua Terra a beater but.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Works for me!

All the scratches are superficial. Any polished bezel in strong sunlight like that will be littered in scratches. Nothing that a light polish wouldn’t sort out.

Watches are made to be worn....

Fair play, and well said. Watches are made to be worn and a bit of wear and tear tells its story.

Anyone who is afraid to wear a watch for fear of a scratch is missing point.

Difference, I suppose, between a watch wearer and a watch collector.

I am a collector of watches to wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Happy Friday everyone:)
    511569.jpg

I'm not sure of the rules here on fit/smart watches... But anyway, picked up an Amazfit GTR. Have never had a smart watch so picked one up to see what it was like, one of the cheaper ones, made by Huami which is a subsidiary of Xiaomi.

Have only messed around with it today for an hour or two but I'm enjoying it as a gadget so far. Have already purchased a different strap though the brown leather look doesn't look terrible :)

95487188_10213298252770041_8977604172702547968_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=2lNzwWAc3VMAX-8E7pE&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=4acdb20d0067566fd02a8da12af41310&oe=5ED37349

95393085_10213298255250103_2856114979386425344_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=LuAlowW89HcAX8fbMyJ&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=2a368f49f1cef18d68e9cad487be2afc&oe=5ED3B625

Sunny day! Yes that’s a scratch at 9 o cock.

image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Sunny day! Yes that’s a scratch at 9 o cock.

Oh is see what you have done here....well played sir...well played.

That is a beautiful watch 893bet, really gorgeous!

I'm back to the Breitling for today and need to put the Sinn back on a NATO or rubber as the bracelet is just not summer friendly.

I've been wearing the Bund non-stoo until I broke the crown :( so back to rotation is good anyway.
    New one on the way with the display back when postal service and prices resume some kind of normality again.

Snuck the auld handcuff into todays pic too ;)

511662.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭asgaard

Any fans of G-Shock's ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

There's plenty in here who like G-Shocks.

I've never been a fan of them personally.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement