Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

hitemfrank wrote: »
    There's plenty in here who like G-Shocks.

I've never been a fan of them personally.

Same here, not a fan personally. They do seem to have a loyal fan-base and some are collectable.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Cassius99

banie01 wrote: »
    I've been wearing the Bund non-stoo until I broke the crown :( so back to rotation is good anyway.
    New one on the way with the display back when postal service and prices resume some kind of normality again.

Do you mind me asking what happened the crown on the Bund?? I'm awaiting mine to drop through the letterbox any day now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Cassius99 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what happened the crown on the Bund?? I'm awaiting mine to drop through the letterbox any day now.

The crown got caught on a guy wire as I was doing some work.
    Totally self inflicted and not at all a quality or watch issue.
    Just me being clumsy.

Ed is sending me on a new crown and stem, but as airmail is currently backlogged and expensive from HK, I'm happy to wait until postage returns to some level of normality.

Just my luck it happened the day I got the new cuff strap tho :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Cassius99

The crown got caught on a guy wire as I was doing some work.
    Totally self inflicted and not at all a quality or watch issue.

After your suggestion the last time, I emailled Ed about changing the watch strap and about obtaining a display back. I have to say, he seems very pleasant to deal with and couldn't have been more helpful. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've been wearing the Bund non-stoo until I broke the crown :(
    Jaysus B, they have the same weak spot as the Heuer? Now that's accuracy and a large pain in the sitting area. :(

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Oh is see what you have done here....well played sir...well played.

Uh?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Uh?

Check the last word ;)

Wibbs wrote: »
    Jaysus B, they have the same weak spot as the Heuer? Now that's accuracy and a large pain in the sitting area. :(

Well! Theres something new I've learnt today :)
    My homage is super-duper accurate :pac:

I am actually really missing it on the wrist at the moment, it wears far smaller than my Sinn or Breitling and I thing 42mm may be my size sweet spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

asgaard wrote: »
    Any fans of G-Shock's ?

Yeah, post pictures

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well! Theres something new I've learnt today :)
    My homage is super-duper accurate :pac:
    Yeah the crown stem setup can wear and then the crown and part of the stem comes out when you go to set the time. Real pain in the arse. Though as vintage Heuers go they're pretty robust. While Heuer had many really nice designs quality was often "variable" back then. I've owned a few down the years and I don't think I had one that didn't poo itself or bits fell off, my only regret selling them on is one or two would be worth a pretty penny now as they went cray cray money in the vintage market. Quality really went up when TAG took over, though the vintage snobs often don't like to hear that. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

asgaard wrote: »
    Any fans of G-Shock's ?

Bought myself a G-SHOCK GLX-5600KI-7er surf Kanoa Igarashi Limited Edition in winter, had great intention of using it this summer to track the tides. It's sitting new in its box with tags and a sad face. It had shot way up in value but the pandemic seems to have brought it's value back down to earth a little.

kanoa-glide-press.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Bought myself a G-SHOCK GLX-5600KI-7er surf Kanoa Igarashi Limited Edition in winter, had great intention of using it this summer to track the tides. It's sitting new in its box with tags and a sad face. It had shot way up in value but the pandemic seems to have brought it's value back down to earth a little.

Thats a pretty cool gshock, i had planned on getting a tide watch for going fishing over the summer but dont think that will be happening to much this year. Dont know of many gshocks with a tide graph.

Good Christ. Go away for a while and come back to reams of nonsense. Nonsense deleted.

Shutup, if you can't play nice don't post in this thread again.

funkyouup wrote: »
    Dont know of many gshocks with a tide graph.
    They announced a new one recently, GBX-100. It's got the tide data on a more modern display. Not solar unfortunately. RRP is €159 although I've seen a few shops list it at €130.

GBX-100.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Coincidentally (or not) Tim at Caseback Watches just did a short feature video on the IWC Yacht Club that has a tide function. Maybe you guys might consider trading in your G-Shocks for one.:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30tpY9IE5TU&t=187s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭asgaard

So it's time to show my little baby with engraving at the back. It's a custom version (if any information needed PM'd me).

https://ibb.co/jz3tp0d

Btw. I completely forgot how to upload picture on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

My daily wear "watch" doesn't give me the same joy as the seamaster, but for trying to be healthier it wins out :). Really should have removed the dentist appointment from the calendar though as that's not happening :pac:

ZdyTDHh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

My daily wear "watch" doesn't give me the same joy as the seamaster, but for trying to be healthier it wins out :). Really should have removed the dentist appointment from the calendar though as that's not happening :pac:
    snip

It's an apple watch? Sounds obvious but lots of lookalikes

yeah, the series 3 sport one, bought it with transferring air miles to apple vouchers which was nice.

Homages

• Advertisement

Homages
    sure the Apple Watch is itself a homage piece. Majority of the watch faces have Nautilus hands and the case shape is fairly similar to something else but name escapes me atm.

EDIT: Cartier Santos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

They announced a new one recently, GBX-100. It's got the tide data on a more modern display. Not solar unfortunately. RRP is €159 although I've seen a few shops list it at €130.

They are nice, the dot display looks great

KalQ5Ij.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Hi All
    I was about to post my modded Casio here but the same model was here three weeks ago so decided to put something which for sure wasn't.

It have more than 50 years for sure, never had any service and running around 15 minutes late per day, but it is Swiss made.

I decided to do service on it just before whole hell broke out so it need to wait now.

511832.jpg

In a complete 180 to the g-shocks - here is a Sea-Gull tourby:

unG9qOIl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

My trusty DayDate 3520.50.00

IMG-20200505-124625.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

Thirdfox wrote: »
    In a complete 180 to the g-shocks - here is a Sea-Gull tourby:

Mmmmmmm! I like that a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

The mother of pearl effect was showing up great in the sun so I took a couple of pics.

IMG-20200505-133222.jpg
    IMG-20200505-133258.jpg
    IMG-20200505-133322.jpg

893bet wrote: »
    Mmmmmmm! I like that a lot!

If you can look past the scratches on the case ;)

I know I know - don't mention the war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

hitemfrank wrote: »
    The mother of pearl effect was showing up great in the sun so I took a couple of pics.]

Beautiful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

My Sinn 104 - Blue looking nice

xeK4Gzzl.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    If you can look past the scratches on the case ;)

Let he who is without Sinn cast the first stone.

Let he who is without Sinn cast the first stone.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

511938.jpg

So so ugly compared to the many nice watches that I own BUT, it hasn't really been off my wrist since it arrived at Christmas. With a toddler it's ideal. I put the little one to bed at night, getting her teeth done, into pj's and then read her some stories. I can quickly and easily see what time it is and make good my escape when she's nodded off. Later in the evening when the missus says 'Turn the heating off after 20 minutes', I set the countdown timer and get reminded to do so. I used to forget previously and leave the heating running. In the mornings it discretely vibrates, waking me up but disturbing no-one else. As I'm getting older I really appreciate the rather large digits. Lastly, with a thin-ish profile and a very wide strap it's really quite comfortable to wear.

It's not all good though. The crystal is delicate and it's got two nice scratches on it. This seems to be a common problem and people recommend fitting a screen protector to it. So bare that in mind if you ever decide to go for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Seiko monster arrived this morning.

512018.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Arrived yesterday, the poacher in me saw a great deal on eBay and I couldn't help myself.

SBDC051, sapphire crystal comes stock on these.

YcNADQz.jpg

My SBDC053 that I bought a couple of years ago

gOfinh8.jpg

New arrival, Steinhart Ocean One 39mm black ceramic.
    Initial reaction: I like the size and the quality of the bracelet and was pleasantly surprised at how legible the bezel markings are. Need to give it some wrist time before giving an informed opinion but it feels comfortable.

512165.JPG

512166.JPG

512167.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

New arrival, Steinhart Ocean One 39mm black ceramic.
    Initial reaction: I like the size and the quality of the bracelet and was pleasantly surprised at how legible the bezel markings are. Need to give it some wrist time before giving an informed opinion but it feels comfortable.

I keep saying this, but I think the Steinhart bracelets are as well finished as nearly any bracelet I've worn.

Quick lume shot from last night

IMG-20200508-000024.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

A bit of bling, rose gold SARY078 the Manhattan cocktail

HL4zfpo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Moonwatch. What an icon of a watch. I couldn't help myself, just had to buy it. Very much appreciate the smooth curves of the hesalite. A sapphire crystal will never look the same to me now!

512226.jpg

So if you had choice of hesalite or saphire with the speedmaster you'd go hesalite?

Absolutely.

Fitzgeme was so kind to give me one of these in case you get a wee scratch on the acrylic

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTDRrEdVAovbtwAUwUtTfMQIes-bNpTbidlDB9ZHC3MkN-r9IGn&usqp=CAU

Thanks,

I think I'd like to add a speedmaster at some stage and with both the aqua Terra and 300m seamasters I'd be happy out..
    unkel wrote: »
    Absolutely.

Fitzgeme was so kind to give me one of these in case you get a wee scratch on the acrylic

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTDRrEdVAovbtwAUwUtTfMQIes-bNpTbidlDB9ZHC3MkN-r9IGn&usqp=CAU

You need to rename yourself as omega_mick :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Moonwatch. What an icon of a watch. I couldn't help myself, just had to buy it. Very much appreciate the smooth curves of the hesalite. A sapphire crystal will never look the same to me now!

Welcome to the club. Scratched my hesalite within 2 weeks of getting it. Oh well, it's not the worst so I'll get to it someday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Absolutely.

Fun fact, there is a little omega logo etched into the hessalite right in the middle, you have to catch the light just right and use the loupe but it is there.

e0fbf9b3ec03c7033da3c9fcd0c2e967.jpg

Found it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭jh79

Seiko 5 today.

512302.jpg

You Moonwatch fans might find this interesting. It's from the National Geographic magazine Dec. 1973, a two page Omega advertisement.

512288.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement