Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Handy having a product photographer in the house :P

516036.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Took delivery of a Flieger today, my first Stowa..

IMG-20200611-161937251.jpg

The picture quality doesn't to it justice, gorgeous to look at. Manual wind.

IMG-20200611-WA0013.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Well wear Forrest, that is stunning!

thanks banie01, it only took me about 6 months to make my mind up, I won't list all the watches I had in mind also :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

thanks banie01, it only took me about 6 months to make my mind up, I won't list all the watches I had in mind also :o

Beautiful watch. So close to buying that over the last year.

tenor.gif

Quite the fan of pilot watches..

IMG-20200607-164715911.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Quite the fan of pilot watches..

SNIP

Nice, how does the mph work, surely it's not got a speedo in it :pac:

And what strap is that, just the type i'm looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

I drinks what Mrs. Fitzgeme get me, but it is horrid piss water.

Link to Loupe its actually 30x and 60x

FwCzW0611-180729.jpg

But seriously its here.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076VLQ4H3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That’s a real heavy hitter. Congrats!

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Nice, how does the mph work, surely it's not got a speedo in it :pac:

And what strap is that, just the type i'm looking for

oh you get a booklet on how to operate the slide rule for all sorts of calculations, I gave up after the first page :D

The strap was a purchase from Amazon, nothing special but thought it matched perfectly. However the fitting of the strap was anything but perfect. With a lug width of 19mm I think and not much of a gap between the springbars and the case made it a very fiddly task. Needless to say I won't be changing out the strap any time soon.

The picture quality doesn't to it justice, gorgeous to look at. Manual wind.

M

Stowa are a lot of value. Eyed a few more recently myself.

Big fan of that watch arse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

893bet wrote: »
    That’s a real heavy hitter. Congrats!

Thanks, I am going to wear it a lot, its not an investment. I am going to pair down the watches just to the ones I really like, having too many you never wear the one you really like trying to give them all a go....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

david wrote: »
    Is the Coor's light genuine? :pac:

Genuine piss

Thanks, I am going to wear it a lot, its not an investment. I am going to pair down the watches just to the ones I really like, having too many you never wear the one you really like trying to give them all a go....

I have never had one on my wrist sadly for a slit second! So expect a visit!

How do you rate it on first impressions verses the other Rolex you have and had in the collection?

It's any interesting plan. I have my three omegas and Casio all metal for trashing about. I don't think I'd get wear out of any more watches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yeah ive come to the conclusion that 4 is probably the right number for me, 5 at a push

893bet wrote: »
    I have never had one on my wrist sadly for a slit second! So expect a visit!

How do you rate it on first impressions verses the other Rolex you have and had in the collection?

Colour is much darker than in photos, and a strong sunburst on the dial. I tried a good few times and cannot get a good photo of it. Looks quality and feels quality. Fairly standard submariner fair apart from that. Ceramic bezel is lovely. I suppose there is an element of it being one of the high demand models thats nice. Flashy enough.

Yeah Cyrus I think you have it at 4 or 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Cyrus wrote: »
    yeah ive come to the conclusion that 4 is probably the right number for me, 5 at a push

Out if curiosity, I'm assuming your not counting beaters in that number ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Out if curiosity, I'm assuming your not counting beaters in that number ?

correct although ive given up on that as a concept as well (was just an excuse to buy cheaper watches that started to get more expensive)

an apple watch is all the beater i need

tbf im an accountant so my beating needs arent great :P

correct although ive given up on that as a concept as well (was just an excuse to buy cheaper watches that started to get more expensive)

an apple watch is all the beater i need

tbf im an accountant so my beating needs arent great :P

Well if an Accountant can make the man maths of watch collecting work, so can we all. :D

I am also giving up on the beater idea. You either need your good watch or you dont need a watch on at all. As you rightly say its just an excuse to spend more money.

• Advertisement

Well if an Accountant can make the man maths of watch collecting work, so can we all. :D

I am also giving up on the beater idea. You either need your good watch or you dont need a watch on at all. As you rightly say its just an excuse to spend more money.
    Nah I still want a watch I can use scrubbing pots and pans or tooling around outside like mowing the lawn or tipping about the house. I'm not ocd but I don't like obvious scratches on bezels etc..

Nah I still want a watch I can use scrubbing pots and pans or tooling around outside like mowing the lawn or tipping about the house. I'm not ocd but I don't like obvious scratches on bezels etc..

Neither do I, but I just think dont wear a watch in those situations. Take off your good watch and then put it back on. I just end up going....ah its the weekend and I am going to do the lawn so on goes a seiko (which is too good really to batter) and I wear that all day...and then the next day too cause too lazy to get another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Every day is a beater day.

516129.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Neither do I, but I just think dont wear a watch in those situations.

I feel nekkid without a watch. Good watch on all the time, but I do get caught out sometimes doing stuff I shouldn't be doing with a good watch on. If I get dressed and know I will be doing rough stuff straight away, I'll wear a beater. Provided I own one. When I had my Seamaster, it was my one and only watch. But the bezel was already scratched when I bought it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I’m the total opposite of that , I’ve twenty odd affordable watches in the €200 to €1000 range and wear them all regularly .Most here would probably say sell them all and buy 1 Rolex but I enjoy having a larger collection .

I’m also rough with watches as working on sites albeit not manual but still knock lumps out of most of my watches so when I hear stories of over €1000 to replace damaged bezels it puts me off wearing anything expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Ryano87

Hi is that the 40 or 43mm case?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Been a weird ride lately, was really happy with my Seiko box and was just about to crown it off with a pre owned GS SBGR099 when things went to sh!t. Head gasket went on my car and the repair cost was just about $3000, mechanic recommended against it because it had overheated on more than one occassion so he suggested a replacement engine. Final bill will be near $4000, so instead of buying a Grand Seiko I found myself having to sell a few pieces to put towards car repairs.

On the plus side this one finally showed up, it took nearly three months to arrive from Australia, 10 weeks sitting in Sydney airport.

SSA345J1 Espresso Cocktail on a Barton gator print strap

WtsCISnl.jpg

Just for some variety

dXH22tdl.jpg

Fooking hell that's bad :(

What car is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

unkel wrote: »
    Fooking hell that's bad :(

What car is it?

It's a 4.0 V6 Toyota 4Runner 4x4, it's 15-20 hours labour to install it, and the replacement engine cost me 2k.

Ryano87 wrote: »
    Hi is that the 40 or 43mm case?

Thanks

40mm, the classic version, not the sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

That Presage is a fine looking watch, well wear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Bought a slate grey sailcloth strap from Barton for my Steiny 39mm Pepsi GMT which looked pretty average. Threw it on my speedy and think its looks brilliant IMO.

Also kids wanted watches so gave them anything i could find. I think the eldest boy is ready for something special, thinking of a Fireman Sam automatic or a Paw Patrol chrono 40mm :)

20200613-112439.jpg
    20200613-112450.jpg
    20200613-112724.jpg

Looks class sparrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Y’all just taking the p**s now with your on a “Barton “

🀔😳

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Y’all just taking the p**s now with your on a “Barton “

🀔😳

Thank you for your complaint Deep Thought, please follow the link below.

https://www.bartonwatchbands.com/pages/privacy-policy-and-terms-of-use

:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

516598.jpgFinally, my Vostok (from Ukraine) arrived... its a battered piece of sh1t but I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Keyzer wrote: »
    Finally, my Vostok (from Ukraine) arrived... its a battered piece of sh1t but I like it.

That, to me, is a thing of beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭redlead

Those bezels are super easy to replace if you wanted to put on a new black one and keep the original too obviously. I bought my one off some chap in Moldova (I'll take your Ukraine and raise you another despotic Ex Soviet kip :-P ) They must be the worst bezels ever designed, I don't know how they were ever used for actual diving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

In Soviet Russia - if you need more diving time underwater - just turn the bezel clockwise - magic! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Postman brought something other than just bills today!

36xsKkDl.jpg

Credit to the better half, the result of Covid boredom. Click for more!

516901.jpg
    516908.jpg
    516909.jpg516910.jpg
    516911.jpg

david wrote: »
    Credit to the better half, the result of Covid boredom. Click for more!

Ah now you're just pitching for TF's starlight photo work :P

Seriously tho, lovely photos

She makes a Seiko look better than the best I could make a Rolex look :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Pablo_Flox wrote: »

That's a lovely watch. I really like them, I've one on my list for a while to buy new as a pressie to myself but I keep dithering over the size. I just think I might find 39 a tad small - not that I have massive wrists but ...

And then the Steinhart 44 is too big.

If you've a few more on-wrist shots post em up please ! :)

banie01 wrote: »
    Ah now you're just pitching for TF's starlight photo work :P

Seriously tho, lovely photos
    A blatant plug... :pac:

In fairness I'm sure she could make my manky big toe look better than most people could do with a Rolex at this stage. Macro watch photography is genuinely the most difficult subject you could pick. The understanding of composition and light required is next level. Just seeing behind the scenes of the whole process blew my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Did you buy direct or is it second-hand? I'm tempted by the new Hulk, just wondering how long i'd be waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

@pablo beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Very nice piece that Stienhart. Made the design a bit more their own and not a blatant rip off of Rolex.

But in saying that I'm loving Stienharts new 39mm Hulk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Today's watch is the hand wound Orient Monarch.

517003.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Did you buy direct or is it second-hand? I'm tempted by the new Hulk, just wondering how long i'd be waiting.

I got it second hand, but its like new. The seller had said he only wore it twice and looking at it I would believe him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement