Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I also have the SBGX097 with the blue/green dial.
    My wife says there is something wrong with me, but it's hard to resist a GS when it's priced well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

giphy.gif

Clipboard02.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Fitz II

My new account cant post links yet so thank to my old account for the links.

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chrono 26320ST.OO.1220ST.03– Latest watch and unbelievably happy with this one. Had my eyes on one for a long time. It’s a fairly predictable move from Rolex to AP, but AP does not have the resale value of Rolex so you have to tread carefully, an almost impossible watch to try on in Ireland, but tried a few in “Watches of Switzerland” in London last year (remember international travel…good times). The offshore is an acquired taste, and despite what Thin wrists Mosso would say the 37mm Royal Oak is far too small for a man of my “huskiness”. I was careful to try choose one that is popular, in case I needed to bail.

My contact in Watchfinder eventually came up with a trade that made some “man maths” sense. Aggressive looking watch and the shape is unmistakable. Bought the big boy, 41mm with blue “boutique only” waffle dial. Went for the Chrono because I prefer that it is a complex AP and strangely chronographs are cheaper than the 3 hander/date. In the 41mm the 3 handers dial is a bit empty looking. The star of the show is the bracelet and case. The design and finishing are exceptional, the way the light bounces off the brushed and polished facets is mesmerising. Wherever you look there is a detail and a play of the light you never noticed before. Large lug to lug, and 41mm but it is beautifully thin, and wears big but not obnoxious. I have a larger than average wrist anyway.
    I always wanted one because the shape is similar to the head of a common type of dental implant with which I have spent my adult life using ( and thanks to which I have the opportunity to own these watches). The watch is honestly stunning and anyone that knows what this is, is most certainly a watch person. It’s a very angular and masculine and edgy watch, and when it comes to overpriced stainless watches this is the original, Gerald Genta blah blah blah. Imposing, interesting and actually rare to see. Have it 4 weeks now, and already have had more unsolicited interest in it than all my other watches put together. The finish is flawless, and the level of detail is like going from SD on a Rolex television to HD holy trinity watch. Of course, like busses, as soon as I get one another one pop up on the forum (Time where are the photos dude?), such is life.

banie01 wrote: »

On the Steinhart, my 1st one and I'm very taken with it.

Glad you like it banie01, I could not gel with it myself but glad its gone to a good home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Fitz II wrote: »
    Glad you like it banie01, I could not gel with it myself but glad its gone to a good home.

Thanks FG, like I said tho...
    A fecking gateway watch!
    Won't be long before I drop any plans for a Harrods and maybe a BB GMT and just go feck it and try go all in for Rollie GMT altogether!

Welcome back btw!
    And sweet Jesus, the AP is stunning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Not an AP chrono, just a humble Seiko quartz that's a great 'grab and go' everyday watch.

526098.JPG

Shown with Josie Dew's entertaining book about cycle touring round Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭quattro777

A few more of my small collection.

Okeah

VYEt2Pb.jpg

Stowa Marine Original.

rYbETtA.jpg

Damasko DA36

rm84nVy.jpg

Victorinox Airforce 9G-600

h6CCnEs.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

That AP is something else!

When you put a stainless steel Hulk for 20k beside the like of this the difference is stark.

That’s not to say either of them are worth the money of course but the level of finish and quality can’t be denied.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Sorry lads, totally forgot to put up a photo of the Hulk I got. Have this about 2 weeks ago (I had posted previously about ordering but it took slightly longer to arrive).

Nice weight to it. Might get a link removed. I've a weird shaped wrist where it's currently a little too loose, but a link removed is a little too tight. The clasp is off centre on my wrist which makes it sit weird.

526119.jpg

How much was the hulk. So much talk of price these days be interesting to see a “live” one.

893bet wrote: »
    How much was the hulk. So much talk of price these days be interesting to see a “live” one.

Above what I should've paid but less than what I couldve paid based upon other listings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

antodeco wrote: »
    Above what I should've paid but less than what I couldve paid based upon other listings!

With regards to sizing - shouldn't it have a glidelock system so you can just adjust that to your wrist size?

The issue I have is the end of the clasp is actually too far on one side if that makes sense?

Add a link to one side and remove 2 from the other maybe?

Add a link to one side and remove 2 from the other maybe?

I did before on one. My wrist bone sits up quite high so it makes one side pull around more on the other. I'm not sure if I'm making sense with my explanation. Maybe I'll just eat an extra McDonalds a week to thicken it out.

That leaves a range of about 7k so we are none the wiser 😅

But it’s none of my business so no worries!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

quattro777 wrote: »
    Stowa Marine Original.

Where did you source quattro? Same as mine... Runs to check watch box :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Might get a link removed. I've a weird shaped wrist where it's currently a little too loose, but a link removed is a little too tight.

Eh? Isn't that what the glidelock is for?

Well wear BTW and you did well to buy when you did!

I did before on one. My wrist bone sits up quite high so it makes one side pull around more on the other. I'm not sure if I'm making sense with my explanation. Maybe I'll just eat an extra McDonalds a week to thicken it out.

Just make sure you have the same number of links on each side and then use the glidlock, If an uneven number pop on one side make sure they are on the opposite side to the glide-lock. Use a good screwdriver, none of your rubbish ebay specials, something like a burgeon brand one, bad drivers can cause scratches, and cover the screw and surrounding polished area with sellotape and pierce over the screw with the driver.

Hulk is a lovely watch, well wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

My new account cant post links yet so thank to my old account for the links.

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chrono 26320ST.OO.1220ST.03– Latest watch and unbelievably happy with this one. Had my eyes on one for a long time. It’s a fairly predictable move from Rolex to AP, but AP does
    That's some watch, think a lot of of watch people don't like them because of the "bold" design, but that one you have is close to the perfect watch imho. Love the strap and dial on them. No doubt you saw some videos of them being made, if not, get on YouTube. If money was no object and I could have 1 watch I had to wear, I'd go with a version of the royal oak. Not a fan of the ROO though, looks like a g-shock

Cienciano wrote: »
    That's some watch, think a lot of of watch people don't like them because of the "bold" design, but that one you have is close to the perfect watch imho. Love the strap and dial on them. No doubt you saw some videos of them being made, if not, get on YouTube. If money was no object and I could have 1 watch I had to wear, I'd go with a version of the royal oak. Not a fan of the ROO though, looks like a g-shock

I am still astounded by the level of detail in the watch, its one thing having a well finished watch, but the complexity of the design is awesome. Its an imposing watch alright and I can fully understand why you might not like it, but I have enough of safe and bland. The offshore is the Royal Oak on steroids. Bolder and beefier. I like em, especially on gaudy coloured straps and bands. But like everything its the variety of tastes that make the world go round.

I finally understand what a ROO is...
    Honestly when I read about AP ROOs I kept wondering what the roo was.

It has only in the last couple of posts dawned on me that it's Royal Oak Offshore!

It had honestly never occurred to me, I'd always assumed an Aussie link or something that led to "ROO".
    That's despite my knowing the bloody HMS Royal Oak porthole story!
    I feel quite thick after that :/

Edit:

Just to add, I knew the watch was a royal Oak offshore, it just never clicked that ROO was an acronym.
    I thought it was a specific AP model or variant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I finally understand what a ROO is...
    Honestly when I read about AP ROOs I kept wondering what the roo was.

It has only in the last couple of posts dawned on me that it's Royal Oak Offshore!

It had honestly never occurred to me, I'd always assumed an Aussie link or something that led to "ROO".
    That's despite my knowing the bloody HMS Royal Oak porthole story!
    I feel quite thick after that :/

Edit:

Just to add, I knew the watch was a royal Oak offshore, it just never clicked that ROO was an acronym.
    I thought it was a specific AP model or variant.
    One of the few watch nicknames I don't mind using.
    I am still astounded by the level of detail in the watch, its one thing having a well finished watch, but the complexity of the design is awesome. Its an imposing watch alright and I can fully understand why you might not like it, but I have enough of safe and bland. The offshore is the Royal Oak on steroids. Bolder and beefier. I like em, especially on gaudy coloured straps and bands. But like everything its the variety of tastes that make the world go round.

I am firmly in the "love it" camp.

Just checked out the yellow ROO on Chrono24, first one is in Monaco. I'll get one when I have a yacht in monaco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Stunning Royal Oak Chrono, absolutely stunning.

I remember being on holidays in Dubai last year sitting in the pool bar and some light burst kept hitting my eye. Had no idea where it was coming from and was kinda annoying me, had my brain wrecked for ages until this guy came up to the bar at the same time as me, went to grab the pen from the barman and there it was; a 18k gold Royal Oak Chrono. It was the centre links that were causing the light bursts in my eyes. I didn’t shut up talking about it for a few days had my partners head wrecked.

I've been playing with the macro function on my new phone camera.
    It is making me want to buy more watches, solely for close ups :pac:

My astronaut is currently back stateside getting its time loss sorted so 1st up is the HkED Bund :)

IMG-20200912-164336.jpg MVIMG-20200912-193824.jpg

I've been playing with the macro function on my new phone camera.
    It is making me want to buy more watches, solely for close ups :pac:

My astronaut is currently back stateside getting its time loss sorted so 1st up is the HkED Bund :)

The one on the left is a bit out of focus.

• Advertisement

Long cycle today round north Co. Dublin with my favourite expendable Casio.

526215.jpg

Can anyone identify the location?

One of mine not shown here before....got this for my wedding 12 years ago from my wife, big bugger but not the worst looking. Tag Heuer is not the best of the swiss watch offerings, but its not the worst.

Ani-Digi is always pretty cool.

IMG-7170.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Those Casio are a complete and utter bargain. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Long cycle today round north Co. Dublin with my favourite expendable Casio.

Can anyone identify the location?

Lusk - you could have stopped by for tea

Lusk - you could have stopped by for tea

Thanks M, maybe another time. Yes you're right it is of course Lusk with the church on the site of an 8th century Abbey with its distinctive round tower where the monks retreated with their Rolexs anytime the Danes showed up. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Finally got to birthday week and instead of being able to focus on wearing this i have two more coming in :eek:and one will need to go somewhere to balance the books :D

anyway on the wrist this week complete with fitz wrist roll , not my best work but I’ll get in on it :D

kMGIQo7.jpg

AvVKS4z.mp4

• Advertisement

That is pure class! Very happy I ended up keeping my earlier version! Lolled hard at the Fitz ref!

I have a serious incoming myself....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

That is pure class! Very happy I ended up keeping my earlier version! Lolled hard at the Fitz ref!

yeah im delighted with it to be fair, its a lovely watch and nice change from the rolexes ive tended to have over the past few years.

look forward to the incoming :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Ahead of an incoming watch at the end of the month I'm given more wrist time to some watches I don't wear so often.

IMG-20200914-104652.jpg

My beaten and battered Festina. This watch is very likely the reason why I like rectangle shaped cases, even though its not quite rectangular itself.

I know what this is....exciting. :D:D:D
    Cyrus wrote: »
    Finally got to birthday week and instead of being able to focus on wearing this i have two more coming in :eek:and one will need to go somewhere to balance the books :D

anyway on the wrist this week complete with fitz wrist roll , not my best work but I’ll get in on it :D

Two incoming.....I think this would constitute a buying frenzy ;)
    Love the VC and totally get what you say about the Rolex's....I have gotten pretty tired of them myself..look forward to the wrist rolls.

Certina is my Dad's, Longines is mine........ I got him the Certina for his birthday two years ago, I think it's much nicer to look at than my Longines but the Longines doesn't look out of place in factories, boats etc so it does me grand.

526293.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Tisell 9015 Explorer

TOmz8HKl.jpg

I find myself wearing this much more often that I thought I would. Great watch that goes with everything. The only compaint I have is the loud rotor; but I can live with that!

Seeing as the knives are out....

526327.JPG

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Buck 110... A classic design, in fairness.

There was a 'build your own Buck 110' feature on the Buck website I was looking at doing a while ago, but never got around to it.

Oh god, this is turning into one of the american Facebook watch forums, all Knives, guns, ammunition and Ferrari's.....can we at least have booby Friday like all those ones if we have to suffer the EDC photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

It's not peak American watch until we get Wibbs in just his jocks and cowboy hat sporting a vintage

Buck 110... A classic design, in fairness.

There was a 'build your own Buck 110' feature on the Buck website I was looking at doing a while ago, but never got around to it.

Bought it somewhere on the west coast of America back in the early 70s when I was in the merchant navy. I've never used it so should really sell it but couldn't be bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Oh god, this is turning into one of the american Facebook watch forums, all Knives, guns, ammunition and Ferrari's.....can we at least have booby Friday like all those ones if we have to suffer the EDC photos.

You forgot the tactical torches!

After watching some Nick Shabazz I did order an Opinel no.8 inox knife just today... don't know what I'm going to do with it :/ - maybe peel some apples? Or use the blade as a caseback opener...

Sure if nothing else - I can use it to eat steaks with.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's not peak American watch until we get Wibbs in just his jocks and cowboy hat sporting a vintage
    I'm sure I disconnected my web cam...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Got this in the post today, Aliexpress finest Homage/Ripoff call it what you like, I know what it is and what it’s trying to be and I’m ok with that. It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but I bought it for what it is, a nice looking watch.

Moving on. It’s a Pagani Design GMT2 homage. From first impressions it’s a well put together timepiece. It has a stainless steel case with ceramic bezel and sapphire crystal. Few bits here and there that show how it was built to a budget but overall I like it. The movement seems to run well and the GMT hand works. The rotor is a little noisy and that would be my only put down on the movement so far. The bracket is OK and I had solid links and a glide lock type clasp.

Nowhere near the real one in terms of quality. A great description I heard elsewhere is “If you squint really hard it could look like a Coke but if you open your eyes you see it’s Dunne’s stores budget Cola ��”

526362.jpeg

526363.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Few more for ya.

526369.jpeg

526370.jpeg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement