Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

blue5000 wrote: »
    What lug width is it? Would a black nato work?

It's 22mm but because of the long lug to lug size it creates a gap at the top of my wrist. Seems to work nice on a smaller wrist size.

Considering a long length Hirsch carbon at the moment and will pick up an Omega style mesh at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Is that a sailcloth style strap on it at the moment? Whatever it is suits it perfectly judging by the photo, I wouldn't change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

HDMI wrote: »
    Just collected this one and it's not a Seiko :eek:

The owner thought he was Vito Corleone and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Longines Legend Diver

Yummy, the more I look a this, the more I like it...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Eoin wrote: »
    Is that a sailcloth style strap on it at the moment? Whatever it is suits it perfectly judging by the photo, I wouldn't change it.

It's sort of sail cloth buts it got a soft backing on it, wouldn't imagine it's water resistant like a Bradystrap.

This doesn't look safe to me, plus no adjustment if my wrist swells.

20160615_112257_zpsl7c5ayo3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

Looks similar to my Glycine combat sub strap. I'm gonna put it on a NATO once I find the right one.

Glycine_Combat_Sub_Golden_Eye.png?v=1433438675

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

My sea urchin on the nato I got free with it.

seiko%205%20on%20nato.jpg

Arrived today..

Precista PRS-20 Italian, not new but in great nick

thumb_IMG_1680_1024_zpsoyxs5abu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Do the California dials not have a mix of Roman and Arabic numbers? Are you sure it's not an Italian?

Do the California dials not have a mix of Roman and Arabic numbers? Are you sure it's not an Italian?

correcto....dont know here the Cali came from...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Yes, it's an Italian; I used to have one. The picture demonstrates why I was pleased to have listened to Toshi and got him to make me a 26mm strap.

• Advertisement

Yes, it's an Italian; I used to have one. The picture demonstrates why I was pleased to have listened to Toshi and got him to make me a 26mm strap.

does 26mm fair better? was yours tapered? 26/26 is big

does 26mm fair better? was yours tapered? 26/26 is big

26mm filled the lugs properly and didn't need tubes. All of Toshi's straps are untapered.

PRS20-4r.JPG
    7.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

PO on nato!

389703.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

893bet wrote: »
    PO on nato!

That ooks great. It's been ages since I had my PO on a nato. Is that an Omega nato or one of Eddie's from timefactors.com ?

That ooks great. It's been ages since I had my PO on a nato. Is that an Omega nato or one of Eddie's from timefactors.com ?

Omega one but eddies are supposed to be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

This arrived recently

390274.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

1423761691780Bought one of these in Barcelona airport as a day to day, love it, realise it won't last forever:

Swatch Sistem51 Chic

Also own one of these, really like it but would probably sell it if I got a decent offer:

Shinola Runwell

shinola-the-runwell-brown-gray-dial-pvd-gunmetal-stainless-steel-men_s-watch-11000169.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Shinola is lovely. What ballpark are you thinking to move it on, if its a fair question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

TedR wrote: »
    Shinola is lovely. What ballpark are you thinking to move it on, if its a fair question.
    500, barely worn.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

390501.jpg

French Dodane Type 11 chronograph cockpit clock. As fitted to Mirage jet fighters and Alouette helicopters and such like in the 60's and 70's. Dodane are still going and still in the same family and will service these and others of their old-timers. They also produced chronograph wristwatches for the French forces and still have a connection there. They have nice new models too. IMHO well worth a look and have far more aviation and military history than some other brands who hype up theirs. Website here, though they used have one in English but it seems to be down.

With a 1942* Wagner RLM as issued to WW2 German forces, mostly paratroopers and airforce. Larger at 36mm than the DH issued German stuff, so more wearable today. Come up more rarely with it. Cheaper than some DH examples like the Longines or Zenith, figure about 3-400 for a half decent example.

*tis written under the dial. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This arrived today, now the fun begins
    No idea what's on the dial

390511.jpeg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My midlife crisis is complete
    hpIlnRm.png?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

007 on mesh. Gets a lot of wear due to it being extremely comfortable.

390620.jpg

Clareman wrote: »

Mine is just about to begin...

DWP for the afternoon. Big monster diver. But on a leather strap it's still comfy.

390624.jpg

• Advertisement

A new nato for my Orange Monster

orange%20monster.jpg

Does that bracelet have PCLs?

Postman called with this today
    Better condition than I thought

390718.jpeg

Postie brought this one today, Longines Conquest GMT

20160704_122338_zpsb3drrtgh.jpg

enjoy it
    (the sub not the mid life crisis :-)

lovely watch

• Advertisement

:-)
    tried uploading this last night but wouldnt work for me
    anyway this is for the other half

390898.jpg

That's as good as it will get for now

390961.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Currently my only watch - daily wearer for past 3 years.

390962.jpg

Off to the pub to watch the Wales Portugal match. Faced a real hard choice but went with the orca. First time to wear it since I bought it again. Good times.

391020.jpg

emo72 wrote: »
    Off to the pub to watch the Wales Portugal match. Faced a real hard choice but went with the orca. First time to wear it since I bought it again. Good times.

Ball Alley ??

Ball Alley ??

I'm usually there. But the county bar tonightðŸº

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭goose banker

Since the Portugal match is on - something from Portugal...

391003.JPG

391004.JPG

391005.JPG

391006.JPG

391007.JPG

My Blue Ray 2 by the sea on another new nato :)

Orient%20by%20the%20sea.jpg

Just arrived!

391285.jpg

That's very classy. It's a great size. I really like the little touches of blue on the dial also.

Well wear

• Advertisement

It's nicely balanced. Much better balanced than my skyfall omega.

I would maybe move on my omega but I bought in GBP. Given the way the exchange has gone in the last 12 months I would be taking a very large loss to move!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I have a sneaky feeling I could be changing from a Rolex hater.......:o

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

woh yeh
    lovely, agree, the blue highlights are fab
    is that a new model or one thats been out a while?

TedR wrote: »
    woh yeh
    lovely, agree, the blue highlights are fab
    is that a new model or one thats been out a while?

They came out in Basel last year I think. A few different dial colours. My favourite dial after the grey above is the grape colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭corpo3030

My newest. I don't normally like chronos, but the perpetual calendar feature and alarm was too good a combo.

391446.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Ocean 1 Black at the beach

391464.jpg

Omega Geneve Dynamic. I think it's a 1969 model, there is so many different cosmetic differences on them. Apparently this was designed for comfort, and it is the most comfortable watch I ever wore, you wouldn't even feel it on your wrist. Got it serviced a year ago and it's ticking away grand, never any issues with it. It deserves its day in the sun.

391524.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

emo72 wrote: »
    Omega Geneve Dynamic. I think it's a 1969 model, there is so many different cosmetic differences on them. Apparently this was designed for comfort, and it is the most comfortable watch I ever wore, you wouldn't even feel it on your wrist. Got it serviced a year ago and it's ticking away grand, never any issues with it. It deserves its day in the sun.

Great looking watch. I've been looking at them for a while, but the prices are continually on the up and there appear to be some dodgy looking examples about.

Great looking watch. I've been looking at them for a while, but the prices are continually on the up and there appear to be some dodgy looking examples about.

You need to be very careful with these - here are a couple of links to some comments by an amateur watchie from TZ-UK who has 3 of these and has worked on them:
    Yep, I`ve got a couple, a gold-capped NOS one and a grey-dialled day-date automatic which is quite rare.

Owned several over the years when I used to buy and sell. Sold a nice white-dialled one a couple of years back on here.

Great watches IMO.....but buy with caution. The threaded case and strap-retaining ring suffer from damaged threads, the straps are dear, some of the dial patterns are impossible to reproduce correctly (frosted finishes, which were quite common), the movement can`t be viewed before buying, the starburst brushing on the case needs special equipment to refinish, cases often get damaged when gripped wrongly for servicing.

My advice to anyone buying is to look for a good original dial, look for a case with no dings on the corners and look for the original startburst finish to be clear. If the strap is knackered you're looking at around £90 for an Omega replacement. Worth paying a bit more for one on a bracelet...provided the bracelet's in good nick.
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?190589-Are-there-any-more-Dynamic-Lovers-here-gt-gt&p=1958584&viewfull=1#post1958584
    It'll definitely need a new glass if the tension ring's missing.

I think you have to accept that this'll cost a few £££ to sort out properly. An Omega glass will be around £26 and you need someone to fit it properly. Any local repairer worth his salt should be able to do this provided he has a press and knows what he's doing. It's all too easy to damage the dial on these if the movement isn`t seated correctly, frankly they're a pain to work with even though I love the watches (I own 3). You need to understand how the movement fits in the case before trying to press the glass down. if the movement isn`t seated properly the dial ends up getting pressed down at the edges and it'll show a little pimple at 10 o clock and 4 o clock.....that's where the dial feet are and that's where the dial will flex. I`ve seen plenty with this problem.

Provided the correct glass is fitted, and the crown is still sealing, the watch should be waterproof to around 3 bar, another good reason for getting the right glass in. Watches get wet when you don`t expect it (rain showers, washing hands etc) and it's far better to keep the water out!
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?359267-Omega-Geneve-Dynamic-glass&p=3839305&viewfull=1#post3839305

I was very lucky with mine - I bought it from another member of TZ-UK who used to date a girl whose uncle worked for STS (an official Omega service agent). It even has the little logo on the crystal.

• Advertisement

Great knowledge here as usual lads. The dial on mine looks old, not looking of as there was any work done on it. The time keeps well. It was a lucky dip for me, in the way I couldn't open the case to inspect movement. Heard nothing back untoward when it was serviced anyhow. But yeah it's this or a gshock when I have work to do, and this is a bit more interesting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement