Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

I love the GSOTM. Tried one on last week in London and sadly it is just too big for my liking. Really wished it fitted and suited my wrist! Like the dial on that IWC!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Davd

MxGyiK.jpg

Picked up in UK last week. Just ahead of the price increases.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Davd wrote: »
    http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/924/MxGyiK.jpg

Picked up in UK last week. Just ahead of the price increases.

Great watch, only the best people have them :cool::pac::pac::pac:

Oh yeah, just a pic of my watch
    5i0UMqH.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Unnecessary Cyclopses burned into my brain... how much was the increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Davd

Marcusm wrote: »
    Unnecessary Cyclopses burned into my brain... how much was the increase.
    Well it was either the Sub or the Sea dweller and coming from a Planet Ocean, I decided the smaller one was better. Cyclops doesn't really bother me, could take it or leave it.
    Increases in the UK are 9-11% depending on the model. There may be further increases if sterling doesn't recover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

New arrival today to give the speedy some rest days and a beater for the outdoors. These things are impossible to find new at a decent price, in stock and not fake. Had an eye on one for months. It's a G-shock limited edition DW-5600bb basic matt black. The negative display finishes it off nicely, So far I'm delighted with it.

IMG_1587.jpgupload image online
    IMG_1591.jpgupload

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I bloody love G-Shocks TBH. Especially that model. For me the G-Shock, particularly the "purer" models most redolent of the original premise are just as much an "icon" as any other more lauded watch make/model.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭aidanathome

Citizen Nighthawk - I wasn't sure about the size on my wrist when I first got it, but have slowly come around to it.

0CdhGf4.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭The_Pete_Fella

sparrowcar wrote: »
    New arrival today to give the speedy some rest days and a beater for the outdoors. These things are impossible to find new at a decent price, in stock and not fake. Had an eye on one for months. It's a G-shock limited edition DW-5600bb basic matt black. The negative display finishes it off nicely, So far I'm delighted with it.

Hey Sparrowcar. out of curiosity, where did you buy it from if you dont mind me asking. I'm on the lookout for a rare Gshock myself and as you mention, impossible to find not fake.

Hey Sparrowcar. out of curiosity, where did you buy it from if you dont mind me asking. I'm on the lookout for a rare Gshock myself and as you mention, impossible to find not fake.

I'll root out the website when I get home.
    It took months of searching and patience. So many places show it as in stock but when you order they send an email saying it's out of stock.
    If you know the model you want you just need to keep checking the web every few days and hope for the best. I follow a few watch nuts on Instagram that own my particular model so they were keeping any eye out for me as well. It's amazing how people will help when they know you're serious.

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Pete, if you fancy the solar version of the 5600 series it's currently on sale in Argos for 95, down from 150. I have been looking at this watch for a while and picked it up at this price. Linky:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2926175/Trail/searchtext>G+SHOCK.htm

Cheers
    Conor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Which would be the best for backlight?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

This arrived in the post today via Massdrop: so v far, very impressed with both service and watch. Seiko skx007.

2016-11-11%2021.05.54_zps8v7q56jc.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Colour not great as my Samsung S5 refuses to focus in the light I want it to! Anyway, I've wanted a more classic looking watch for a while, I've a couple of chronograph watches that I love but had a desire for something like this to wear with a suit / shirts. Very happy with it, nice and light and wonderful to watch the seconds hand rotate. It's also a family gift for my recent 40th birthday so a bit of a landmark watch!

2c50d5d9-e172-4eb0-a837-c00c757a30b7_zps2lcrqhfj.jpg

20161111_231043_resized_zpskbv5d244.jpg

20161111_230610_resized_zpstl33wkcn.jpg

20161111_230702_resized_zpsvmgmvdd9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Third time lucky :/

Received this for my birthday last week. Absolutely love it. I was looking for a new watch for a long time and this is far beyond what I wanted in a watch :)

2lu91w.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Purchased my first mechanical watch this week and I'm delighted with it :D

Browsed a lot and got some good inspiration from this forum.

WRFGiH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Fantastic choice! I really love those max bill Junghans. Looks great, and there aren't many around either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

RMDrive wrote: »
    Purchased my first mechanical watch this week and I'm delighted with it :D

Browsed a lot and got some good inspiration from this forum.

You do realise that it's now mandatory to do a degree in architecture or interior design, don't you?

TedR wrote: »
    Fantastic choice! I really love those max bill Junghans. Looks great, and there aren't many around either.

Cheers. I love the look of it and it's very comfortable.

• Advertisement

You do realise that it's now mandatory to do a degree in architecture or interior design, don't you?

My desire to mininalise-the-bejasus out of something is almost uncontrollable!

When you get the uncontrollable urge to flip I bags first shot ;-)

Actually f you dont mind saying, where did you purchase? Theres no one in Ireland selling them as far as I am aware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Picked up an Omega Speedmaster this week. I'm in love with it.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Picked up an Omega Speedmaster this week. I'm in love with it.

Pics or .....
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Actually f you dont mind saying, where did you purchase? Theres no one in Ireland selling them as far as I am aware

Hopefully this is lacking an "I" and not the other alternative!

• Advertisement

ahem..

the dangers of quick reply sorry about that :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Some of you may remember this one landing:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98955789&postcount=3889

The bad news is that closer examination discovered it to be 9ct rather than 18. The good news is that I managed to pick up a loose dial for it and this is what it looks like after a service and new crystal (and a Hirsch shiny croc - the quality of which blew me away slightly).

L1291150.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oh that's nice *wees self slightly*

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I've had a tendency over the years that when I buy a new watch it becomes my default watch, in some cases for a few years. My recent Mido purchase has inspired me to start rotating more - my first watch investment was a Breitling as below - bought this almost 20 years ago, an impulse purchase with my first credit card :eek: That was 'replaced' by my Tag which my wife bought for me as a wedding present about 8 years ago so the Breitling has been back in it's case ever since. Taking it out again recently definitely made me realise how 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' as I love it again... just needs a battery.

IMG_0129_zpsaacswo5z.jpg

IMG_0126_zpsvaagwp9g.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

http://11hyxdy.jpg[IMG]http://[/img]11hyxdy.jpg

Just back from its service and looking brand new my Starliner

• Advertisement

Got in the US through Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Big thanks to Homer for the heads up :)

401938.jpg

Came with a Super Engineer 2 bracelet. I'm normally not much of a bracelet man, but this feels comfy, I'll stick with it for the moment. Will probably try some Natos too (should I stick with 20mm or force a 22mm in?) and I do feel a strong urge to buy a blue Isofrane strap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

unkel wrote: »
    Came with a Super Engineer 2 bracelet. I'm normally not much of a bracelet man, but this feels comfy, I'll stick with it for the moment. Will probably try some Natos too (should I stick with 20mm or force a 22mm in?) and I do feel a strong urge to buy a blue Isofrane strap

Super Engineer was my choice also. I didn't like the balance of the watch on a 20mm nato. Popular choice these days for the Sumo is the Crafter Blue which closes the big gap at the springbars.

http://www.crafterblue.com/curved-end-rubber-strap-for-seiko-sumo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Tried 20mm and 22mm nato too. 20mm not bad, looks good, balance is fine with me. 22mm, looks cramped (I guess because it is), but feels best

Interestingly I had the Sumo and my Davosa (Quondam) in my hand and the Davosa is a lot more substantial! Heavier and deeper although the case is a few mm less wide

Something I've been after for a very long time…

402053.jpg

Stuck the SKX007 on a Miltat "double layer" nylon strap. Not a cheap strap, but very comfortable - a bund like experience. (Having trouble with photo bucket today, so hopefully this will work.)

402129.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/fulladapipes/20161122_102714_zpsfncpbyxu.jpg?t=1479726082

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/fulladapipes/2016-11-22%2010.26.40_zps7utpe2p1.jpg?t=1479726088

Keyzer wrote: »
    Something I've been after for a very long time…

Same as, its only since wearing others that I realise how light it is as well and just a cracker...IMG_1941_zpssalgywek.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Stuck the SKX007 on a Miltat "double layer" nylon strap. Not a cheap strap, but very comfortable - a bund like experience. (Having trouble with photo bucket today, so hopefully this will work.)

​Like the look of that strap. Can I ask how much it was?

Same as, its only since wearing others that I realise how light it is as well and just a cracker...

It's an absolutely fantastic watch. I find myself staring at it quite often like a weirdo. Love it. Worried about wear and tear though.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Keyzer and Deep Thought, please stop posting pics of your speedies, I just cant take it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

On the "Professional" theme...major life event purchase…:)

402210.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Very nice Bateman.

iggy wrote: »
    ​Like the look of that strap. Can I ask how much it was?

£45 on Amazon - dear enough I suppose.

GEO147 wrote: »
    Keyzer and Deep Thought, please stop posting pics of your speedies, I just cant take it!

Wait until SparrowCar Arrives...:D:P

Speaking of Speedies, in the current cold, this photo reminds me of the heat in Italy in August.

402213.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Brother in laws daily watch.

20161120_223318_zpsagekcvjt.jpg

20161120_223350_zps3uprelrv.jpg

Nice Bateman, very nice. Looks lovely. Been thinking about one of these for a while now.

Watch is lovely too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I read a feature on Shinola, they seem decent for the money, what is the feedback from owners?

Wait until SparrowCar Arrives...:D:P

Sorry you called?....

IMG_1910.jpgphoto share

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Bateman wrote: »
    I read a feature on Shinola, they seem decent for the money, what is the feedback from owners?

Brother in law loves his, in fact he has two different version. Think he said he paid around $700. He loves them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement