Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to 'promote' a photoblog?

Options
  • 09-03-2009 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a and recently just set up some photoblogs The World through my eyes and Faceseverywhere.

I'm thinking of changing to pixelpost or jalbum as they have more themes/layouts for photoblogs but Wordpress will do for the moment.

Anyway- how do you 'promote' your photoblog? I don't mean just viewing stats, but more interaction, people to comment, link in other people's blogs, rec, recognition etc. to make the blog feel more 'alive'.

I know you can list your blog in various sites (what are the main ones?) but what else?
    Cheers,
    Pa
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Tthe best ways appear to be just linking other blogs, and pimping it on sites like Twitter, when you update etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Cheers- can you tell me a bit more about Twitter for photoblogs? What I know is twitter is for posting short status updates, so I'd imagine my twitter page will update whenever I post a photo (or I update it manually).

Is it like Flickr where people can become contacts and subscribe to your pics etc?

Cheers,
    pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

You can pretty much just sign up to follow peoples status updates, and reply to them.

A status update could be you just mentioning you've updated your blog, with a link to it for people to check on - There's a thread about here with a good few of the heads from this place providing links, add them, and chances are they'll add back!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭darraghsherwin

Post your site on irishphotographers.org or coolphotoblogs.com, etc
    But also comment on other photoblogs with a link to your own blog and start to create a community around your own photoblog.
    Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Fajitas! wrote: »
    There's a thread about here with a good few of the heads from this place providing links, add them, and chances are they'll add back!

Here you go :D :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

1. Be excellent.
    2. Wait.

Any attention you garner through excessive marketing isn't attention worth having. Don't pimp too hard, you might break something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,679 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

for some reason any pics of girls/ladies always get my highest viewership - i wonder why ;)

mightn't be wise to link here

Advertisement