Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Apps

Options
  • 09-03-2009 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

List some of you fave/most-used apps. The app store has so much crap that it's almost impossible now to find the good apps among the crap. I've a lot of apps installed that I hardly use, the ones below are the ones I use regularly, I've a few others that might get used once in a while.

My fave app is not actually in the app store but in Cydia:
    BiteSMS - Over here in Germany txts are stupidly priced, usually 17-19c outside of a bundle, maybe 10-12c with a bundle and then international txts are usually between 40 & 50c. With biteSMS it's a flat 6c worldwide using your data connection. Never had a single problem with their service and their app is excellent, it's bascially the default SMS app with lots of extras like landscape, quick reply, smileys...

Gazette - Nice RSS reader that syncs with google reader.

Facebook - obvious!

Shazam - listens to a song that's playing and returns the artist and song details. Fantastic app, I was at a gig where it was loud and a song was playing in the background before the band came out and it still got me the details!

Converter - handy for converting currencies and lots of other things like speed, distance, weight, volume, etc There are a lot of similar apps but I went with this one because the guy already had this app for free in Installer long before the app store came about.

EPL Premier League - got this in a sale, handy for keeping tabs on scores when you are out and about!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement