Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outside downlight - Bulb hard to remove

Options
  • 09-03-2009 1:22pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,
    I have downlights in the soffit and trying to take the bulbs out is cat hard, is there anything that I could put on them to ease them out or when I am putting them in to stop them from been akward to take out.

I presume WD40 is out of the question :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭cossworxenergy

yop wrote: »
    Guys,
    I have downlights in the soffit and trying to take the bulbs out is cat hard, is there anything that I could put on them to ease them out or when I am putting them in to stop them from been akward to take out.

I presume WD40 is out of the question :)

Ya can get suction cups to remove em but normally these are pretty simple to remove. Dunno what type you got do. Dont know where in mayo ur from but try Morans electrical in westport r CEF in Castlebar. If ya need help gimme a shout am in mayo too!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Fair play thanks for that. In Castlebar so I will shoot into CT or Mayo Electric.

I have to wire up a few pillar lights too so I might query them on that too when in there.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

dishwashing gloves are a big help

Advertisement