Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Hetfield rushed to ER - Metallica show cancelled

• 09-03-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Metallica's show in Stockholm was cancelled last night because of an apparent medical condition afflicting James. Lars Ulrich addressed the crowd after support act Machine Head had finished their own set to say that the band would not be performing that night. YouTube link below.

The band had already performed one night in the arena and are now not scheduled to play again in Europe until the 2nd leg of the European tour on March 25th in Birmingham, England. Metallica have so far not commented on the status of Hetfield but have said that the condition was serious enough for him to be kept in overnight.

The footage shows Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hamett and Rob standing next to MH amps in normal clothing...meaning they were prob well aware that James would not be able to go on before doors opened but still wanted to let MH and the Sword perform.

It's a pity they couldn't have done another Where's The ****'s James? as I am sure Robb Flynn and Phil Demmel know Metallica's material inside out and the Sword could have helped out too! Would have been good to see! Or even a longer MH set in lieu. But I hope James is alright and it's nothing more than a little stomach bug.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Thats mad **** altogether very suprised rob flynn didint step in there hope he gets well soon and goes back on the drink lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The (former) lifestyle may catching up with James.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

His lifestyle may be determining his death stlye.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's sad but true.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

One would want to turn the page as nothing else matters, otherwise he'll fade to black...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

And I bet they have no remorse.

I prayed that this would be a day that never comes, I guess he drew the shortest straw, his family must be frantic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Guys come on!

He's not well and all you can do is make up smart comments using Metallica song titles?

You'll all be unforgiven for that....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Stop trying to top post #5 lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,702 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I heard was was out walking, fell into a lake and is Trapped under ice

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

hope he gets better soon hes a hero to me .A disposable one at that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I heard was was out walking, fell into a lake and is Trapped under ice

You're unforgiven II, I mean too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It's a pity they couldn't have done another Where's The ****'s James? as I am sure Robb Flynn and Phil Demmel know Metallica's material inside out and the Sword could have helped out too! Would have been good to see! Or even a longer MH set in lieu. But I hope James is alright and it's nothing more than a little stomach bug.

He's the guy who wouldn't let them even listen to tunes in the studio without him being there. You really think he'd be happy with them doing a full gig without him? Those fellas know who the big dog is now, that's for sure:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Doctor J wrote: »
    He's the guy who wouldn't let them even listen to tunes in the studio without him being there. You really think he'd be happy with them doing a full gig without him? Those fellas know who the big dog is now, that's for sure:pac:

But didn't they do that before? In fact I'm positive they did because Lord Jason Newsted did a few songs and Kid Rock, Korn and Mudvayne helped out that night...you can buy the bootleg from some stores and download it in circles

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/musik/article4597823.ab
    Some photos of him leaving the hospital

You could say he had a lucky Escape and next time he should listen to what Mama Said - don't eat uncooked meat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

That was drunk James, though? Sober James is much less fun :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I guess he'll want justice for all the people responsible for putting him in hospital :pac:

Hopefully he won't kill em all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Another Metallica thread? its like nothing else matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

His lifestyle may be determining his death stlye.

worst lyric ever :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

This world is just an awful place, you might say there isn't justice for all....

after such a long and eventful life, if something were to happen at least the memory remains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

So what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Doctors say he looked like green hell.

Best I could do. I signed in and was beaten to "so what", snif.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 vantasic

St. Anger! Oh I'm no good at this!

Could have been worse, could have been hit with a 2X4, doused with Cyanide, suffered whiplash, or got trapped under ice by some kind of monster.

He had a lucky escape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sml68

Heard he fell headfirst into Sand' Man thats gotta hurt!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

sml68 wrote: »
    Heard he fell headfirst into Sand' Man thats gotta hurt!!

FAIL!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Pity it wasnt the cock lars ulrich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ShaneU wrote: »
    worst lyric ever :D

From a song that goes: tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-toc frantic? I think thats the winner right tere.

Advertisement