Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Hetfield rushed to ER - Metallica show cancelled

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Can't believe this is still going!

All Nightmare Long:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

All Nightmare Long:D

Kind of a metaphor for Metallica really?! ;)

Kind of a metaphor for Metallica really?! ;)

In a way, yes, but then I suppose it gives people a chance to be funny lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 mrtaylor1981

Metallica's show in Stockholm was cancelled last night because of an apparent medical condition afflicting James. Lars Ulrich addressed the crowd after support act Machine Head had finished their own set to say that the band would not be performing that night. YouTube link below.

The band had already performed one night in the arena and are now not scheduled to play again in Europe until the 2nd leg of the European tour on March 25th in Birmingham, England. Metallica have so far not commented on the status of Hetfield but have said that the condition was serious enough for him to be kept in overnight.

The footage shows Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hamett and Rob standing next to MH amps in normal clothing...meaning they were prob well aware that James would not be able to go on before doors opened but still wanted to let MH and the Sword perform.

It's a pity they couldn't have done another Where's The ****'s James? as I am sure Robb Flynn and Phil Demmel know Metallica's material inside out and the Sword could have helped out too! Would have been good to see! Or even a longer MH set in lieu. But I hope James is alright and it's nothing more than a little stomach bug.
    Bet he was on one of his usual benders :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Stay_in_Kampuchea

He was a human mouse for the Oyster of Death. :rolleyes::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

Enter Sandman:P

To be honest, it would be funny if their turned out to be an alterior motive and actually Jame's avoided the show due to backstage pressures, and the whole food poisoning thing was just a lie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Stay_in_Kampuchea

Truths to You Are Lies to Me

Advertisement